Subaru Impreza WRX STI Versus Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X... SOON!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by RADON, Dec 3, 2007.

1. RADON

RADON Member

2. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

The artical says "between a Subaru Impreza WRX STI 2007, and a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X. " A 2007 sti? huh??

3. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

i bet it was a typo, as there is an 08 in the pics

4. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

[​IMG]

Subaru's hood scoop is bigger! Booyah!

5. johnswrx

johnswrx Member

Damn That Lancer Is Ugly!

6. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

The front facia makes the EVO's fmic look dinky.

7. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

:rofl:

The subaru has ALWAYS had a bigger scoop. or a SCOOP period.

:)

8. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

I would have to black out that FMIC because it does look dinky. And it kind of looks like a catfish? some sort of fish.

9. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

everytime i read the title of this thread i think of spaceballs

10. Demo24

Demo24 Member

11. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

I wish the sti front end looked more aggressive!

12. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Is that JL889?

13. RADON

RADON Member

14. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

McBoo. Everything we thought is true. Its a Camry STi!

15. I'm thinking that there is a little bias there towards the mitsu side of the camp... plus this seems to be pointed directly at the Evo:
    Every other review has said that the STI was faster than the previous generation. the brakes stop from 60 a full 10 feet shorter. We all know the exhaust on the new STI isn't wimpy from the videos of it online - and the last two are just opinions (of the Evo I'm thinking because they say they are fans of the older evo's).

and speaking of weight: 3234 is less than 3351, which is supposedly the weight of a 2007 STI. so with more power and less weight than last years model... WTF?? Again, Evo bias.

16. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

Camry is one of the best selling cars in America, maybe that's Subaru's motivation.

I have seen a few other reviews that rave about the new 08 STi.

17. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Wow, I found that article to be piss poor. It was too short, and didn't get into any detail about either car really.

There was also definitely a slight bias towards Mitsu, however, I have also noticed the same bias in Car and Driver, and Motortrend and pretty much every other auto magazine. There always seems to be at the very least a slight Mitsu bias.

Also, what is the point of comparing power based on the spec sheet. If this is a reputable auto mag, why didn't they put the cars on a dyno. Why no 0-60 times, 1/4 mile times, lateral G's etc... Pretty much everything I usually enjoy reading about in Car Mags was missing in this article.

18. Demo24

Demo24 Member

I thought it was actually going to be a review...instead it was just some pretty pictures and drive by's.

I'm looking forward to Best Motoring's shoot-out, that will make it easier to determine the winner.

19. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

i dont really care about whose faster by .01 seconds.. we all know what the diff b/w and impreza and a lancer really is.. and we all have our preferences ..

i think the STI will be a top notch car.

20. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

the article was based on the JDM cars, not the USDM models....if i remember correctly, the JDM STI is lighter than the USDM one. I think our version is something like 23 lbs. heavier than the 07...maybe a little more than that, but i know it was less than 100.

21. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Yup. Their STi has a 2 liter motor and revs to 8K.