maloo?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by knhtrdr, Dec 4, 2007.

1. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Seen this today on 285 looked like a evo at frist but then had svt or something of that nature on it took pic with phone on the move. any one seen know about this.[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the name on the car was maloo had duals and looked like a baja rear end nice big brake set up. couldnt get a good side shot.

2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

that is one of those Australian ute's. they make some of them off of the holden platform that the GTO was based off of.

pretty cool things...was it RHD?

3. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

It's an austrailian Holden Special Vehicles (HSV)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  4. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Holy El Camino!!

THE CRUCK IS NOT DEAD!!

5. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

What he said. I'd put money down that that car either has an LS1 or a badass turbo I-6 under the hood.

http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=47&i=3514
    Yup, LS1 powered.

6. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

That is no cruck! Its a TRAR!!!

7. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

nah left side.

8. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

yeah hsv big brake and all

9. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

meaning he could have just walked awayfrom me lol. had Ga. tags so he kinda local

10. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Yeah, GM is thinking about bringing back the El Camino based on the Holden Car!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its like a mullet on wheels. Business up front and party in the back!

11. yardhippie

yardhippie Member

yea, in oz it's the Holden Monaro or Commodor platforms. The GTO is based off the Monaro.
    They use the car versions as interceptor cars in the bush. My moms ex had on at his station. It had something like a 427 in it.
    A quote from Wiki "The HRT 427 had two seats, a semi–roll cage, race suspension, racing brakes and ram air induction as well as other things. This supercar was quicker than a Ferarri 360 Modena and Lamborghini Gallardo. It had 420 kW and could sprint to 100 km/h (62 mph) in under 4 seconds."
    :eek3: :bowdown: :drool:

Im sure the police version wasnt that smokin, but no doubt still a monster.

12. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

looks pretty awesome

13. Demo24

Demo24 Member

14. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

^^^^^ It may be a test car or spy car. Back before the new Mustangs were released I saw several of them rolling arround atlanta together with detroit tags. Atlanta is a good market for product testing before release.

15. Demo24

Demo24 Member

unlikely, it would have a Michigan tag. Also that car is on the older platform. If he saw a test car it probably would have looked like a modified G8, which is how the Camaro tests.

16. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

yeah dont think it was a test car. look very personal to me anyway just never seen on one the road and I've been from michigan to cali and back to atl.