watch out for Divinci scam

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by AtlxPat, Dec 13, 2007.

1. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

My dad said he got these Divinci speakers for $150 from some ppl in a truck around Home Depot. I could already feel that something was up. he told me to go and see what i can find about them online and all i came up were scam reports OF ppl selling these around shopping centers.
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/253/RipOff0253366.htm
    apparently they're just ripoffs, they'll try and prove it being legit by showing receipts,business cards, magazine catalogs.
    the barcode said it had a MSRP of $2k, I mean I'm sure you'd find it sketchy when someone approaches you in a shopping center with cheap speakers for sale.
    watch out guys and call the cops if you see it happening, apparently this has been happening nationwide.

2. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

I was approached like that about 3 months ago. Didn't fall for it, thank goodness.

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

But only the best speakers "fall" off the FedEx truck!

4. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

My Dad bought a set of speakers about 18 years ago under similar circumstances. This scam has been around a long long time

Proverbs says: "A fool and his money are soon parted"

5. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

This scam has been around for decades...

6. FACE

FACE Active Member

I had a buddy in highschool who got sucked in to working for one of these for about a week...did not make a dime!

7. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

There were guys always coming up to me asking me to buy home entertainment systems in the Pleasant Hill area when I first moved down...It got kinda annoying

8. AXLEJOHNSON

AXLEJOHNSON Member

I have had people try to sell me speakers like this. If it sounds too good to be true, it is.

9. caseyfoster

caseyfoster Member

Robert i need to take the legacy out for a spin.

10. AXLEJOHNSON

AXLEJOHNSON Member

OK, but you might be used to that kind of power, I really need to wash it too.

11. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

I think that these speaker people, CutCo salesmen and your local pot dealers should all form a conglomerate for the ultimate pyramid scheme! And sell things out of sketchy vans.

[​IMG]

12. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

no but i love my new Divinci speakers that i just bought off a guy in a parkin......doh

jk :)

13. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

lolol my friend use to work for Cutco, i gotta admit though, their knifes and scissors do work haha

14. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

I can't believe that scam's still alive!!

I was rushed at a stoplight back in the early 1990's by some shabby looking guy who hopped out of a Chevy van and appeared whacked-out and quite aggressive. At the time a lot of carjackings were going on, so I felt threatened enough to draw my firearm.

Once the guy realized I had drawn a bead on him in he backed off a bit with is hands up saying "Hey man I just wanted to sell you some speakers!!" I finished they guys sales pitch for him and told the guy that I wasn't interested in any "extra" speakers that he had to sell before delivering to the Gold Club or wherever, and I'd appreciate it if he'd back away from my car and get back into his van.

I'd heard about this scam before my incident but that man looked to aggravated to be selling anything.

..and that speaker scam is alive ..years later ..Wow!