Milo's official farewell thread :-(

Discussion in 'General Community' started by miloman, Dec 14, 2007.

1. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Some of you may know that I just got done with school and will soon be moving to Texas for a full time position by the end of January. Even though I won't completely disappear from the boards, I know that I probably will not be able to stay as involved as I have been on a daily basis, and I certainly won't be able to make it out to most meets, if any. I thought I would take a few minutes to reflect on my experiences with WRXatlanta, and to say farewell to the community that has become so dear to me.

I joined WRXatlanta in early 2004. Back then the club was pretty much Alex and myself. I am so happy to see how much it has grown since then. Over the years, my involvement with the Subaru community in Atlanta has given me a variety of experiences. Most importantly, I have met a lot of very good people. Some of them were members, others were business associates. Some of them have become close friends. There is no way I could list everyone, so I am not even going to start. On the other hand, I know that over time I have soured a few relationships. You guys know who you are. I hate it when business and friendship collide but I have always tried to direct my actions in the best interest of the community. I know I can tend to be quite firm on my views, but I hope you realize that I did so with no malicious intent and I hope you don't hold a grudge.

Working with the WRXatlanta Administration staff has been a pleasure. Alex and all the moderators, both past and present, have been extremely dedicated to the community, whether it required resolving conflicts on the board, recovering from a hacker attack, or putting together an event. Their selfless dedication must be admired as their's typically ends up being a thankless job. I sincerely hope that the people I will be working with in my future will have your level of dedication, loyalty, and caliber.

The friendly and helpful attitude available here makes this community much better than any other auto enthusiast community that I am familiar with, and I am very proud to have been a part of WRXatlanta. I hope for bigger and greater things in the future of our beloved community.

2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

As always Milo, good luck

and good riddance;)

3. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Best of luck bro.. you will be missed!

4. Meredith

Meredith Banned

best of luck Milo... I'll be hanging in Addison once a quarter for work so I'm sure I'll see you around!

5. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

:wtc: you had me at hello

6. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

Best of luck Milo!!! :bigthumb:

7. CHEMSOLDIER27

CHEMSOLDIER27 Member

You will be greatly missed. One couldn't have asked for a better friend. I have only know you for 2 yrs but can say that you are one of my best friends. Best wishes in your future. Don't be a stranger BROWN MAN. Also happy holidays to you and your family.

8. Deke

Deke Active Member

Best of luck man. I just heard/saw your car pass on spring street from my third floor office about 30 minutes ago. I'm going to miss it.

9. caseyfoster

caseyfoster Member

Best of luck man, and happy holidays.

10. Jake

Jake Active Member

good luck in ALL your future endeavors.

11. JWX

JWX Member

Best of luck man. I'll miss seeing the STi, on the rare times I actually do see it.

12. FACE

FACE Active Member

I would say best of luck but you dont need that!!! It has been great hanging out and you will be greatly missed!!! Keep us informed on how the new job is going and how the Star state is treating you!

Godspeed my friend!!!

13. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

and milo.. im prob moving there in 6-7 months (working for att)

your working at the ti in Dallas right? its a nice place.. looks amazing from the outside..

but if you need anything there let me know! ( my brother and my gf are currently located there)

14. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Here's to you bud!!!

15. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Milo,
    I want to thank you for all that you have done for the community and myself. The original Black Knight was the reason I bought a Subaru. I met you once at an autocross and your car looked and sounded awesome. Additionally, you were friendly and enthusiastic about everything automotive, and even though I was driving a Miata you talked to me for several minutes. I didn't get to make it out to as many events as I would have liked, but it was always a good time hanging out with you and you will be missed. Good luck man, enjoy the next few weeks before you join the "rat race" and def. keep in touch whether through the boards or my email.

16. Brian

Brian Active Member

So when do we all get drunk together?

17. Damn! Nooo You were the first person I met! Good luck at Texas.

We should have a farewell party or something....I haven't seen you in ages.

18. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Best of luck to you Milo. You have given me some great advice and I have learned a lot from you as a good friend. I wish you the very best in all of your professional endeavours at TI. I know that you will be highly successful in anything that you do. You will be missed a lot in the Subaru community and if I am in the Dallas area I will give you a call. I am sure that the Suby community in Dallas will be very excited when they have you as a leader. Take care bro and may the force be with you...

Mark

19. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

dang. so no more :naughty::naughty::3mol::tasty::banana::zzz::420::ddirty:?

20. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Milo it is with a heavy heart that I say farewell buddy. I wish you nothing but the best in the world. Even though I am all the way in SC, you have treated me as if I was your best buddy from the day I first inquired about SS to now. You have been more than hospitable when you let me crash at your place after an all day tuning bout with SS.

Dude that meant so much to me and I was astonished at how friendly and hosipitable the WRXAtlanta crowd could be. We will be losing a lot with you gone!

Best of luck buddy and keep in touch!

21. TougeTuned

TougeTuned Banned

Milo i only just met you briefly at the Subaru challenge but you seemed like a very nice guy. I wish you the best of luck and never give up on your dreams.

22. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Milo,

what can I say? You played an important part in making this community what it is today. The reason we are so tight knit is due to yours and Alex's dedication to making us what the community has become. We're going to miss you, bud.

Also, good luck finding a crew out there that can put crawdads away like we can! Do they even have crawdads there?! :p

You better be making it out to as many damned meets that we have in the next couple months, so that you can make the best of what little time you have left here. Oh, and come back and visit!!

:D

23. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

well damn..never good when one of the best have to go. I mean I only spoke w/ u over a few pm's and saw u at deering and peachtree for all of 1.5 seconds...as long as its on sunday ill drive out to texas to meet you for lunch..has the though of a sub dallas section been thought of? although I know you're trying to start you're life and professional journey...keep in touch bro and best of luck!

24. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

[​IMG]

One brown monkey. One white monkey. Two drunk monkeys :D

25. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

I hate to see you go but I am glad you seem excited to try something new in a new environment. I've never had anything but respect for you ever since I first came to a meet. I was just in TX for a client so maybe i can pop by some time in the coming year, who knows. Best of luck to you and if you are ever in town, drop us a line.

Say hi to george bush, the oil fields, and the cows for me :)

26. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I hate to see you leave...but I love to watch you go :ky:

27. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Best of luck bro! Hate to see you and your monster of a subie leave ATLANTA. :wavey:

28. SUBY_RUE

SUBY_RUE Member

shalom :wtc: :wavey:

29. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Damn man, it was always a pleasure catching you at the meets and speakng with you for a few minutes at a time. Definately stay in touch man! Good night and good luck!

30. welery

welery Member

Gonna miss you Milo. Congrats on the new job, and thank you so much for your help this year with the Club Wars stuff.

31. redman

redman Member

Good luck man, hope you enjoy it out there.

32. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

Greatest of luck my friend. I wish you all the best. I'm so glad I got to meet you, as well.

Oh, also, I was smoking a celebratory cigar with my friend zach atop the management parking deck around 5, and I saw you pull out and rumble away into the distance.

I definitely saluted you. Take care man.

33. Nitro

Nitro Active Member

Good luck on your future journey bro....always been a pleasure to kick it with you & you've always had my utmost respect:bowdown: don't forget us.

34. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Best of luck on all of your endeavor's. It was a pleasure meeting you. You have given us some great laughs.

35. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

:rofl:

36. savsuby

savsuby Member

good luck man! I know its hot in texas

37. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

From one bald guy to another, you will certainly be missed bro. When I moved down here in 2003 from New Jersey, beyond my now wife and her family, I didn't have a group of friends to call my own. It was nice to have this community right from the start and for that, I say thank you! Although we don't hang out on a regular basis, it is always a blast catching up at club events where you're always quick with a handshake and a smile. As I have said to you many times in the past, and I will continue to say, both subies, past and present, have always been the best looking rides around. You have style my friend. ;)

Not that you need it, but best of luck in your new endeavors. Thanks for all you have done for this community and here's to kicking ass in the next chapter of your life. Later man.

38. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

Milo, best of luck in your future. It was great getting to know you.

39. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Thank you all for the kind words.

40. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

Well as an ex-Texan, I'd like to welcome you to the country of Texas! You will like it here, and if my future plans work out and I can convince my gf to transfer to big-D in a few years, perhaps our paths will cross again.

41. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

I wish you best of luck milo. I haven't been on the boards much lately, but I never forget who my wrxatlanta boys are. It surely has been fun, and another chapter will come to a close, but there will be many more good one's for us all to come. G'luck bro...Shane.

42. wrx_kid

wrx_kid Member

good luck milo that car is shure clean saw it once

43. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

thank you for being a genuine person.

keep in touch and keep safe ;)

44. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

Not sure I ever met you, so I might not miss your company per se, but you better keep posting here! Always nice to have your input! Good luck in Texas!

45. Greg

Greg Active Member

I haven't been keeping up witht he boards as much, but is there gonna be a last G2G that you'll be at before you go?
    If not, good luck, and you better keep in touch!

46. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Sorry to see you leaving, but congrats on the job and Good Luck in Texas.

47. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  48. Greg

Greg Active Member

ok, the scavenger hunt is on the 19th, you gonna be there?

49. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Milo was originally scheduled to be leaving end of the month. Things changed and he will be gone in two weeks. He will be gone before the Scavenger Hunt.