The what I got for Christmas thread...

Discussion in 'General Community' started by Kokopelli, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I'll start

Carbotech Panther XPs for the front and rear.

A blue tooth headset. ( After years of waiting there are now finally enough people wearing them that I won't feel like a total geek. )

A green light from the wife to become a vendor on wrxatlanta.

2. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Awesome.

Dork.. ;)

WoooooooHooooooooo.

Me. I get a wideband and a snazzy gauge to look at it with.
    I also got more tools (w00t)!!

3. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

I got a Prosport boost gauge, and tools!! FTW

4. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

STi Coffee Mug!

5. Brian

Brian Active Member

new socks!

6. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

:rofl:

Racing Beat Exhaust for the Miata, it sure is purty! Oh and a new I-Pod (classic) ! All in all a good haul of loot this year...:naughty:

7. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

oh found the EGT and mounting hiding under the tree!!! FTW

8. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Milo's Nur Spec R. Thanks again Milo

9. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

got some all weather floor mats for da legacy..cobb was also sweet enough to develop the stage two power package..including the access port..so merry xmas to me..and when I buy from them..well merry xmas to them..ha..and a happy new year.... Sounds like everyone so far has had a great holiday!! I'm just glad to be with the family!

10. WJM

WJM Banned

Ace Combat Zero, a house (present to myself and wife).

11. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Congrats on the house!

12. BelvnAWD

:werd:

13. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Nikkor 50mm prime f1.8 lens
    wrxatlanta happy holidays theme

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2007
  14. caseyfoster

caseyfoster Member

My mom cleaned my room for xmas.

15. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

I got a nice winter coat, and some cash to put towards a set of coilovers:)

16. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

[​IMG]

I got coal.....

:rofl:

17. Eco Auto Clean

ha..as did my lil bro...i moved outa moms almost a year ago...he said its a present for me and mom..i cleaned your room so you can get the rest of your stuff out..ha

18. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

I got a kartboy short throw, a college care package, a beer pong table (from my parents!!), and some corduroy jeans. They're awesome..

And....a 5L Mini-Keg of Heineken. ALSO from my parents!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana: I was in disbelief.

Mostly I'm just loving being home, seeing my parents, and not having any homework to do.

Merry Christmas everybody!

19. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Pics of the beer pong table? Is it manufactured or did they make it?

20. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

It's like a coffee-table top one. It's a bit smaller than average.

I don't have a working digicam right now, unfortunately.

21. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Thats what she said!

...sorry, couldn't resist!

22. Eco Auto Clean

did anyone else geta red ryder bb gun or was it just ralphie???? that's what makes xmas complete

23. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

As usual, clothes........:squint:

BUT!!!!!! I am thankful anyway. I bought my mother a coach purse, she almost cried, lol. :ddirty:

24. STiBottom

STiBottom Member

22" Widescreen LCD (dad), cash, and a strut bar w/ H-Brace package (Ebay link sent to mom)

25. DAMD

DAMD New Member

A few new outfits and some STi fog covers.

26. Jake

Jake Active Member

got some clothes, and a new electric razor.

other than that, got a good bit of money. which i'm gonna use to buy myself my next tattoo.

merry xmas, everyone

27. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

i got a nice travel bag for all these conventions i goto, and some nice dress shirts. and a Fossil watch.

28. Deke

Deke Active Member

Xbox360, some clothes, intake silencer delete, steering rack bushings, media type stuff (cds, dvds, games), and my personal favorite, a personal breathalyzer (from my parents :))

Merry Christmas!

29. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

tools and cash

30. FACE

FACE Active Member

I got gas cards, boxers, and myself an iPhone! Merry Christmas everyone!

31. BelvnAWD

Sweet, I also got a 50mm prime, Pentax 1.4! Super excited to check out the pics I took with it...Post up some of your shots Alex!

32. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I know I'm getting a Blitz turbo timer. A lego motorcycle (family tradition, legos on christmas), a little WRC wrx remote control car. Not sure what else since we havent opened presents yet.

33. Alex

Ive been fiddling with it indoors due to the weather. I wanna take a few outside tomorrow. What I can tell is that thanks to the lower f-stop the DOF is a lot nicer than the 18-55 lens I have and that the glass is certainly sharp as hell :) The 1.8 was $120-130 and the 1.4 was $240 or so. Based on my research, I decided to try out the 1.8 first.

Just a quick snap with it. The lighting isnt really adequate enough in my kitchen to shoot without a flash.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2007
  34. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

ipod nano, brakepads, family to help install turbo :D

35. SUBY_RUE

SUBY_RUE Member

I got xbox360, camcorder (for me an the wife) some clothes (bad ass trivium shirt), gift card to eb-games ( ghost...it is on and popin now) Guitar hero 3 ftMFw... coming soon. And the wife gave me some money to get a front lip or some lowering springs for the sti (not sure what I want yet). Merry christmas everyone.

36. SubaruBMXer

SubaruBMXer Member

Santa brought me a "old school" NAVI system......

......your basic dash mounted compass ball.

37. Alex

santa needs to bring my ass a new vacuum cleaner or else!

38. cannarella

cannarella Member

All I got was cash, gift cards, and a quiet house for a week. Took the wife, sister-in-law, and mother-in-law to the airport to go to Hawaii.

I will probably be looking for a boost gauge. Any suggestions? Want to look stock and measure in PSI so don't have to do any math in my head. I also got a 50" Samsung LED DLP TV and HD service. I love it. I saw some show on HDTHR where they were showing Italian engineered stuff. They showed how Brembos are made and had a great shot of a WRB STI on a track heating up the front rotors so the looked like red donuts. Very cool.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas.

Andy

39. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

I got a new Chefs knife and a Mandolin (fancy french slicer) from my parents, the wife and I have decided that we are not buying each other anything so that we can go on a really cool vacation later next year.

I'm treating myself to a couple of tools I need for working on the Subaru.

Matt

40. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

i did pretty good....got some nice clothes (khakis, dress shirts, sweaters, nice belt etc) think thats a hint haha. Also got some dvds...transformers, 300, crash, cars and family guy season 5. Assassins creed for xbox 360, which kept me up all night last night...some cash, and a couple giftcards. Also got some racheting wrenches that will definately come in handy!

41. Weapon

What does it sound like when you drive by?

IMMmmm Gaaaayyy

:keke:

42. Meredith

Meredith Banned

^ lol........

I got a garmin nuvi 350.... in russia car drives you!

I also got some pieces of wax sushi my mom brought back from a recent trip from japan..... mmmm wax tuna

43. Alex

Wax tuna? Alright!

Scott, these are for you. They've been resized in photoshop cs3 to 25%. This is a percentage that retains the camera's sharpness, as photoshop's resizing algorithms are known to do some funky things when it comes to sharpness. The camera settings are setup to mimic Fuji's Velvia 50 film which has quite vivid coloring. Granted, I shot my coffee cup which is brown ceramic with a gold lip you get the point. In order to obtain this vividness I am not using Nikon's "vivid" image optimization, rather, a custom setting with the color mode set to IIIa and saturation set to "+". You can see how well this lens (it is not a macro lens btw) isolates the subject as well as how crisp and sharp the glass is. You can tell that I need to do some more playing with WB settings though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

44. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

I got a sinus congestion

45. Weapon

thats better than a throat infection though :pssh: :keke:

46. BelvnAWD

Only when it see's thick, manly mustaches...

Looks nice! I took mostly family shots with the f1.4, so I won't post those, but hope to mess around with it today some more, should post something up in awhile...

47. pankopp

pankopp Member

i got an I-phone, electric fondue pot, "das boot" beer glass, and undershirts... it was good in my books.

48. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

A kick ass Burton backpack, puma sneaks, and clothes :wiggle:

49. This HP desktop that I am using now.

50. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

:naughty::naughty::naughty: