There shall be snow here tonight!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by RoMe, Jan 1, 2008.

1. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Acoording to my Yahoo weather widget its suppose to be snow flurries in Dawsonville and in Suches so the
    gf and I are going up to the mtns tonight. she's never seen snow before.

2. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Its not gonna be snow like u see on tv and it probably won't even stick to the ground. But hit me up when u are gonna head up, I wana go

3. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

Road Trip!

4. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Just got back from a Tenn trip not a whole lot of snow, most was melted.....I love the snow!! I wanna go

Do I here mountain run??....heres a couple pics i got from this weekend, just north of Knoxville,tn tons of fun roads!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Be safe driving up there Rome. I was hiking up there a few times over the last week and there was a little ice at least on the rocks, creeks, etc.

Also everytime I have been driving in the mountains and seen snow was around highway 180 on wolf pen gap. Also brasstown bald may be a place.

Be safe and enjoy.

6. WJM

WJM Banned

They are saying 1~2inches of snow here on the news.

My saying: Nothing but cold rain and wind.

What does the ever so trusty weather.com say? *POSSIBLE* flurries...and lots of wind.

7. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

YungDz and I just came back! At first the GF was disappointed because we didn't see and snow she was like "you just came up here to drive" but we went up through Scenic hwy and pulled over and it was snowing a little bit. It was cold as shit I was watching the cars thermometer go down from 35 degrees to 27 degrees :eek3: my face was freezing when we got back in the car. Also we wernt the only crazy people up there we saw to modded Civics on there way up when we turned around.

I tried to take pics but it was no good maybe Dz's came put better?

8. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Your car it teh sex! Bring that beast up here to the mtns! Wagon luv!

9. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Oops, double post

Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  10. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Yea, it was pretty friggin cold. I hit a pretty heavy flurry on 400 just after you got home Rome. I don't think my camera came through with the snow, I think the flash shined right through the flakes but I may have a couple of good night pics of your car, I'll post em up when I get to a comp. Nice run, surprisingly there were quite a few cars going up and I wonder what those civics were up to?

O yea... and I want an sti!

11. longfury

longfury Active Member

I went up that way and drove hwy 60 through Suches for the first time last week. That road is insane, narrow and twisty.

12. welery

welery Member

friend just sent this to me. He lives in Cumming

[​IMG]

13. Back porch is covered in snow.maybe 1/2 inch or so.

14. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

it flurried downtown tonight as well :)

15. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

Saw a little bit of snow when I just took the dogs out before I sleep.

16. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

and there was NOTHING in Marietta....flurried in kennesaw, west cobb, and downtown, but nothing here in east cobb area

17. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

i didnt notice any snow in Snellville, but I didnt have the urge to look or go outside :p

The wagon is looking good dude!

18. Greg

Greg Active Member

It snowed here in Gainesville... There was a 1/4 on the cars outside. It still stuck to the grass over night, but not the pavement

19. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

it flurried in powder springs and hiram. all we got was alot of wind and some sleet. I saw enough snow in Michigan to last me a while.

20. FACE

FACE Active Member

The only job that you can consistently be wrong and stay employed is a weather man

21. I hope it snows soon. My 6yr old daughter will not stop asking me when its going to snow... She keeps seeing these kids shows with snow in them talking about snow at christmas...

22. longfury

longfury Active Member

Its so true. Weather predictions over 2-3 days are worthless.

23. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

most big news channel reporters get all their info from NOAA and the NWS so they dont even have to have a certification anymore.