Moving soon: Shopping utilitiy providers in Cobb.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by baddriver, Jan 5, 2008.

1. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

I'm moving out of the apartment and into my house in at the end of the month and I'm starting to shop around for utilities.

Does anyone have any recommendations for utility providers such as electric, natural gas, water, and garbage service in the East Cobb / Marietta area?

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

do NOT use Marietta Power, unless you have no choise....I would much rather go back to Georgia Power...

My condo is all electric, so I don't have to worry about Gas, but when I had the apartment, we used Scana...

I have no clue who we use for garbage, the HOA takes care of that.

3. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

If you have an HOA they may dictate which garbage company you use. In our neighborhood its Waste Management. They do this so you don't have a bunch of stinky ass garbage trucks rolling through the hood every day.

4. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

The HOA contract has expired I am free to choose.

I heard that the HOA was trying to push a new one through, but that hasn't occurred yet.

5. You will be lucky if you even have a choice.As far as gas companies thir is an online price comparison that lets you price shop.usu. you have to sign up for 6 mos or a year and then see who has the best deal.(sorry hit caps lock-not yelling.FOR ELECTRIC USU. IT HELPS GOING STRAIGHT TO THE BOSS.(GA POwER). YOU WILL HAVE TO SEE WHAT OPTIONS YOU HAVE.IT REALLY DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU LIVE. i HAD LIVED IN mARIETTA AREA FOR about 15 years.