Subaru guarantee on trade in.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nsvwrx, Jan 4, 2008.

1. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

So, whenever i do plan to trade my car in..
    it says no modified exhaust and such.. does that mean they wont take it even if i go back to stock?

2. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

bump.. anyone?

3. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

if you go back to stock they will take other wise the deduct the amount is cost to put a stock on back on it.

4. WJM

WJM Banned

when you go back to stock make sure it looks EXACTLY like it would be in stock form. Otherwise the GTP cannot be used for your car. I've read all of the stuff about it.

5. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

I saw a pre-owned 2006 WRX at a dealership with what was definitely an aftermarket exhaust. It had an angled tip about 4 inches across. And yes, the car was for sale.

What's the deal there?

6. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

When I traded the WRX I didn't get the GTP due to mileage which wasn't ridiculously high for the year model.

Have you confirmed that your car meets the mileage requirements (whatever they are) ?

7. WJM

WJM Banned

A dealer can take in/buy whatever they want. However the GTP has specific requirements in order to take in a vehicle under the GTP. If the vehicle does not meet the requirements of the GTP then the dealer cannot receive the benefits from SUBARU for that vehicle under the GTP.

8. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

i have an 05 ther reqs say 45k.. i have barely 25

9. 4sevens

4sevens Member

where can i find out more about GTP?

10. 4sevens

4sevens Member

duh. I found it http://www.subaru.com/gtp
    07's are not eligible btw

11. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

Am I missing something?

12. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah i was gonna say. wasn't that for a limited time only?

now who knows what they'll give you for it.

13. WJM

WJM Banned

Yeah, limited time. They will do it again next year. nsvwrx: thats the max allowed mileage. Anything under that is good.