American Gladiators

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Berzerklo, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Has anyone else been watching the new American Gladiators? I have watched all 3 episodes since the premier on Sunday and I love it! It is so mindless, but I can't stop watching! You have Hulk Hogan and Muhammad Ali's Daughter hosting and the actual referee from the movie 'Dodgeball.' There is a lot more talk than necessary but gotta love the violence! Some of the new Gladiators are goofy, but lord how I missed guns that shoot tennis balls at 100 mph!

I think I will be playing American Gladiators: The Drinking Game Mondays from now on! :ddirty:

[​IMG]
    Mmm hmmm Helga!

2. Deke

Deke Active Member

Yes! I thought it was the referee from Dodgeball! Do you know this for a fact, because I really want to know.

Oh and yes I've been watching it. I'm curious, what's your take on the eliminator? I'm trying to figure out if it is just that much harder, or if the contestants are just pussies now. Because some of them can barely finish it.

3. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

haha I caught a glimpse of it last night..that show...well its the exact same thing minus the people in the crowd using video cameras that hold vhs tapes...haha....bet linda hogan or whatever her last name is...feels dumb....leave the already most bad ass dude then he gets his own bad ass show...bwhahaha...while shes being made fun of on tmz saying how she enjoys street racing!

4. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

me likey crush

5. Linda Hogan (Bolea?) is an idiot.

The show is freaking awesome! Both me and my wife wish we could compete - that would be a blast.

As far as the final elimination, I think that people are trying too hard during the swimming section and swimming wipes most people out.

6. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

hell yeah, we need to start that site martin was talking about. Any of the locals are welcome to watch at my house, its going to be a weekly party with gambling and strippers of course.

7. Eco Auto Clean

why do strippers always get all the attention??? dj's need love to..hahaha..oh and I checked the refs for dodgeball on imdb.com..didn't see any that were on gladiators...

8. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

9. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

Its too damn slow. The only way I can watch it is recording it and then fast forwarding through the b.s. talk stuff.

Other than that, its pretty much the same show as before and I liked it.

10. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

11. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

According to Wikipedia it is the ref from Dodgeball. I never really know how reliable Wikipedia is though.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Gladiators_%282008_TV_series%29

As for the eliminator, I think no individual part of it is crazy hard (except for the hand bike :eek:hnoes:) But I think the order they put the elements in is tough. The inclined conver-belt thing at the end seems way harder than it looks...

I forgot how amazing the original show was too! Apparently it is still on ESPN classic! Here is a great clip of Malibu:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGDwScgb_Y0

12. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

I've been enjoying that show too. Hulk is still a damn house!

Can you believe it has been 20 years since the original show!?

13. Eco Auto Clean

well then....looks like imdb.com needs to get up on there shieeet!!!