haha, you have to see this

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by scoobaru, Jan 17, 2008.

1. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

2. WJM

WJM Banned

Dude, if you gots rod knock...put in 75w90, and trade it that day.

Works every time. You wouldnt believe the number of WRX/STi I've seen like that.

3. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

4. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

seriously? :eek:hnoes:

5. WJM

WJM Banned

Yes. My 04 WRX was one of them.

6. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

that is one of the best threads ever....almost thought it was a joke...

7. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

Wow. I like how the guy thinks his warranty is going to cover the damage.

And what would putting gear oil in the motor before trading it in do besides make you look like a moron?

/threadjack

8. WJM

WJM Banned

^Well, in the case of my car and the others, usually you develop a light rod knock and make calls and discover you dont have the $ to fix it and you know warranty wont pay for it due to miles/mods or something.

So...you drop in some straight 50w or thicker, and it covers up the rod knock long enough to go thru the trade in process and you'll get FAR FAR away before they go to do the used car inspection which includes an oil change...then someone takes it for a test drive and either BOOM or MUCH more knock.

9. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

No wonder warranties are so high and dealerships are stingy. This kid is retarded. Further more this is why health care is so high, car insurance, lawsuits, etc... Where is natural selection these days. I always think about the movie idiocracy when people are this stupid.

WJM, sleezy, thats all I have to say. What happened to ethics...

10. WJM

WJM Banned

Again, Darwinism is dead.

11. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

12. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

yep

13. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

wow that sounds familiar, except in our case it was 1st and 5th gear. Well what started in 1st went to both after SOG changed the trans fluid. *giggles* car salesmen will do anything for a sale!

14. WJM

WJM Banned

Thats interesting. It was only hard to get into 1st on a roll when I drove it and when Nestor did the UVI he didnt note any out of the ordinary issues with it. Typically 1st is not going to go in on a roll unless its new or you've got a 6MT.

Before the sale, they wanted to know what the fix was as there was a complaint about it being difficult going into 1st on a roll. I told them we needed to follow proper SUBARU warranty procedure, seeing as how it still had powertrain on it...

So that meant that step 1 was to put fresh factory Extra-S in it.

If it was still having issues after new extra-s...time for a teardown-inspect-replace as needed. Which is what happened.

15. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

Wow. That's some shady shit, my friend.

Thanks for explaining, though.

16. WJM

WJM Banned

^yep. happens daily.

17. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

YEAP! they did exactly what they were supposed to do but the point was that 5th started messing up after they did that.

18. WJM

WJM Banned

I never heard anything about 5th. Even when Jonathan was telling me about it (teardown-replacing stuff) he never mentioned 5th.