Wisdom Teeth pits

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Deke, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Deke

Deke Active Member

I just got wisdom teeth out last Friday. I'm feeling pretty much back to normal and eating solid food again, but I keep getting crap in on my the pits from the surgery and it is driving me nuts. Any tips on how to get this stuff out (I'm sure quite a few of you have gone through this). Most of my friends said they got some kind of syringe they used to wash it out. Well I didn't get one :(

2. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

yeah def got a syringe to get shit out....

you could go to walgreens and buy one.

3. AXLEJOHNSON

AXLEJOHNSON Member

Ya that syringe is the thing to get. I can't believe they didn't give you one. Did you go back for a check up? Thats when they gave me mine.

4. techlord

techlord Active Member

get that syringe asap. Drysocket = Agony

5. Deke

Deke Active Member

Yeah, that could be it. I got them taken out back home and since I go to school in Atlanta, they said I could skip the check-up unless something goes wrong.

All they told me was to rinse with salt water after the surgery. I guess I'll be visiting a drug store, asap.

6. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

rinse with salt water and dont let them get dry ... geez its been so long since i had mine out i dont remember. mine never came in before they took them out so i never had to deal with that.

7. blindsideair

blindsideair Member

I was fine rinseing mine with salt water, just dont shake your head as hard as you do when you exit the shower..

8. Deke

Deke Active Member

Yeah, I did a little more googling and it seems it shouldn't be a big deal. However, I live right next to a CVS, so I went over there, talked to the pharmacist and ended up with a free oral syringe :)

Thanks all!

9. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

glad you got the situation taken care of! i remember the build up of food..arg would taste so nasty and..well just plain disgusting! Good job on making a good recovery!

10. Jake

Jake Active Member

wow, weird i got my wisdom teeth out friday too. mine are still sore as shit tho. getting my prescription for hydrocodon refilled tomorrow. more pain from the other teeth moving around than anything else.

11. Deke

Deke Active Member

Weird indeed. Sorry to hear about the discomfort man. I lucked out in the fact that I only had three (two tops and one bottom), and the bottom one is the only one that swelled at all and is the only one that still has mild discomfort. I stopped taking my hydrocodone (weird again that we had the same pain killers). I like them though, they make me happy :)

12. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah, i was on it at work today, then it wore off and i became very irratible, haha. they are killing me now. i had 3 pulled and one cut out. this is my third surgery (removal of teeth). i thought i didn't need the hydrocodone any more but apparently i was wrong. i made the mistake of letting it wear off, now i'm fighting an uphill battle to get the pain to go away!

13. AK_Raptor

AK_Raptor Member

I had mine removed at the end of November when will these holes go away

14. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

I need to have mine removed. My friend's face looks quite bruised afterwards, is that normal? Did you guys remove 2 at a time or four?

15. Deke

Deke Active Member

My Dad said he had it done at two different times. My friends however have all had all 4 out at the same time. I think all 4 is the pretty standard thing nowadays. Bruising is normal but it doesn't happen to everyone. Some people bruise and swell. Some people swell. And some people don't really do either. For me I only swelled up a little on one side, and I have no idea if I bruised (thank you beard :)).

16. AK_Raptor

AK_Raptor Member

All 4 for me I didnt even need the pain meds but I was pretty nauseous

17. Jake

Jake Active Member

i had no swelling at all. and yeah they pretty much do all 4 at one time nowadays

18. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

im not looking forward to getting mine removed at all! lol

19. cannarella

cannarella Member

I got mine out the first summer of college. 2 pulled, 2 cut. I remember wearing these ice pack things on my cheeks for the swelling and just taking Tylenol for pain. They did give me the syringe looking thing to flush out the non stitched sockets. They were adamant about telling me to make sure they stayed clear to avoid a dry socket. Blended food for 3-4 days and then soft stuff for a week. I don't envy any of you that have it coming up...

20. AXLEJOHNSON

AXLEJOHNSON Member

I had mine removed in May 07 and the holes still haven't gone away, they have gotten smaller, but I am thinking it takes awhile. I really sucks. The dentist also knocked out a filling I had. Other than that, it wasn't an awful experience, I like the pain meds a lot.

21. Jake

Jake Active Member

i'm outta pain meds, and now it seems i've gotten a migrane. had a headache since 2 o'clock this afternoon. :(

22. Deke

Deke Active Member

Damn, this one pit sucks. It's a food magnet and a bitch to get to even with the syringe.