Dad's M5 plus Teens plus John Travolta's Airstrip = BAD IDEA

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Meredith, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Another reason why you should take your car to a real track and also 18 year olds should not have the keys to supercars.....

[​IMG]

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=111454

2. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

......people need to learn NOT to be goddamn idiots..
    RIP

3. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

wow..that is horrible...there have been way too many deaths lately..scary stuff....there were 3 killed by my house just yesterday in Lawrenceville....

4. Deke

Deke Active Member

Meh...Darwin

I feel bad for the families involved, but dumb kids will be dumb kids.

5. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

wow thats bad!!

6. WJM

WJM Banned

haha....awesome. Darwin is working again....slowly but surely.

7. KA05STi

KA05STi Member

they were airborne the whole time before they hit the tree... that is crazy

prayers go out to the families of the passengers.

8. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Damn. My condolonces go out to his family but this truly is darwinism in action.

9. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Well, a private airstrip was a reasonable place to go test out a car, better than doing it on the streets. Too bad he didn't know to stop before reaching the end

10. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

11. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

its those scientologists...I knew it

12. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

If I were a millionair, i would NEVER buy my kid an M5. Maybe an Evo or STi or something below 40k. Then I'd send him to racing school to learn how to drive it.

You know, I used to have a Darwin fish sticker on my old Acura Integra and one day I found that someone had ripped it off....well all this talk of Darwinism reminded me of it.

Sooooo...Brian, you like Tom Cruise don't you?

13. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

one of our subie friends was a friend of the kid who was celebrating his 19th birthday....let's NOT forget that we were once 18/19 and stupid as well...we ALL did dumb things as kids and we all lived to tell about this..these poor 5 souls did not.

I, for one, am EXTREMELY saddened by this loss.....it's hard to see stuff like this....

14. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

Can we be a little serious guys?

I'm also very, very saddened by this, and reading the thread this kid posted to makes it even more eerie. RIP.

15. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

While this is a sad event, I think that it is important to notice to stupidity involved, and move on. The lack of seriousness is intended to make light of the situation, and emphasize that this is life... shit happens, people die daily for stupid stuff.

Did you read about the driving record of the those involved?

[​IMG]

16. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

Fucking idiots. Feel sorry for the families but it's their own fucking fault for giving them access to super cars.

17. WJM

WJM Banned

Dude, didnt you get the memo? STi's are OVER $40k now...:pssh:

18. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Part of me is feels bad for the parents, part of me does not. While everyone talks about "when you were their age ...." crap, it's stupid. I never did anything this stupid in my entire life, much less when I was in HS. My parents pretty much made it clear that if I did anything stupid while driving ie ticket, I'd lose my right to drive. Plus this kid posted about how he's gotten the car up 140 mph.... stupidity alert! Just my thoughts...

19. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

While an 18 year old should be responsible enough to drive a car, if they are not, the parent should be the one stepping in. My best friend's Dad restored corvettes and growing up we often rode in high horsepower vehicles. Thing is, my friend was extremely responsible for his age and his Dad recognized that. While I was not a reckless kid, I wasn't the most responsible either and so my Dad did NOT let me drive his sports cars. My Dad probably saved himself alot of money and possibly saved me from injury or death...

20. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

My thoughts go out to those kids parents. Yes they did make a mistake, and they payed the ultimate cost. I was a stupid kid once, and I payed the price by loosing my eye, 27 metal plates in my head, 2 comas, 1 brain surgery, 4 months in the hospital. And I am LUCKY. Trust me you would want to be a parent and have the police knock on your door to say that your child was in a serious car accident and be taken to the hospital. And when you walk into the hospital they take you straight into the chapel to tell you your child probably won't make it. That's what happened to my parents.

21. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

wow...glad to see you are still here man....I must say I enjoy the creative user name....

Back on subject...

People also have to remember its just a different situation...parents with money like that..you think they really have time for their kids? Not so much and more than likely..here son go play with daddys car while he's outta town or at the office.... Think of some of the folks in "Hollywood" and how lost they are because of the parents being gone all the time working (Donald Trump..etc) Ya follow? Disposable money like that their aren't many consequences..except..well this one gigantic obvious one..and well..Now I'm sure daddy wish he would have spent more time with his child....Then again I could be wrong and this may not even be the case.... Just my thoughts and of course this does not make it excusable that its still the parents fault..

22. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

I still have the Dukes of Hazzard song playing in my head when I think about this event.

Those crazy Hazzard boys!

23. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

We have all made stupid, irresponsible mistakes and those of us that say they haven't are liars. These kids really did pay the ultimate price for both their mistakes and their parents. Atleast they were considerate enough to do it on an airport runway and not on a public street. My thoughts and prayers go to all the friends and families involved. Be safe out there guys!

24. Weapon

Please grow up and show a little respect. 5 people have died.

25. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

anyway...

in all seriousness, here is an actual picture of the runway:
    [​IMG]

I will refrain from posting photoshoped M5s with General Lee paint schemes.

26. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Thanks for the photo :)

27. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Come on now Kris...we all may have done some stupid things when we were younger, but did you ever get drunk, then sneak your dad's $90,000, 500 horsepower car out on a private runway, and try to hit 160mph?

You may have, but personally, I have never attempted anything this stupid....

28. Brian

Brian Active Member

How many tickets did those kids have and they were still driving? Either the parents didn't care or the kids were out of control and stole the car. Most kids their age would lose the keys after the 1st ticket.

29. Weapon

I have done some extremely stupid and irresponsible things throughout my life especially when I was younger.

I am not saying that what they did was right but that they were young, irresponsible and immature. Unfortunately, a lot of people that age do not consider the consequences of their actions. I think this horrible accident is a good example of that.

30. welery

welery Member

Any parent that gives their kid a 500hp anything is asking for trouble. The parents are just as responsible as the driver. Sad thing is that this happens everyday. People aren't willing to learn.

31. Shewb

Shewb Member

All of us have done stupid things that could have turned out a lot worse than they actually did. We may not all have access to $80k sports cars but I can definitely think of a few things that I have done that could have cause serious injury or even death.

Kids will be kids. For those of us that have them, this scares the hell out of us. You can only hope you teach them well enough not to do something this stupid. But never underestimate the power of peer-pressure.

I do second the opinion that I would never buy or let my kids drive anything with this kind of power.

32. hey guys, I've been reading along and finally decide d to chime in. i went to lakeview academy in gainesville, a very small close private school. last year a brother of a lakeview student and friend to many died in a car accident. the facts were: he was out past curfew in his moms 350z, exceeding 100 on a very small curvy road, and had just left a party. indeed it us horrible tragedy when a young person dies but in both situations it was certainly their fault. i think that it us serious when something like this happens and everyone should take note. parents should keep better tabs on their kids and definitely their cars and kids and drivers in geneal should weigh the possible consequences of their actions. in both cases the actions of 1 rocked the lives of many. okay that's more than 2cents

33. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Growing up in Boca Raton, Florida, I had quite a few friends and acquaintances that drove higher powered sports cars. Street racing wasn't quite as popular back then as it is today, but driving beyond ones capabilities was still as prevalent then, as now. Because so many of the kids I knew had very wealthy parents, I got to see first hand what the absence of parental role models coupled with waaaaay too much money can do to a 15-16 year old. Its usually not pretty. I don't recall any deaths from driving too fast, but I do remember a kid who had a 944 turbo, totaled it by flipping into a canal, being given a newer, faster 944 turbo a few weeks later by his Dad. These kinds of things do not send the appropriate message to a child. If this kid did in fact have several traffic violations within two years, there is no reason his parents should have allowed him to drive a freaking honda civic let alone an M5...

34. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

[​IMG]

35. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I saw this on another forum. What a tragedy. My prayers go out to all of the families.

Mark

36. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Anybody else notice how he was asking about shifting the SMG tranny? You just hit a button, no skill required.

37. Galimore

Galimore Member

What gets me is doing it with four other people in the car. I pulled some crazy shit in high school but only driving solo :eek3:
    Bad times

38. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

dumb kids or not...still a tragedy...and a horrible thing to of happened :(

39. Dacula Dean

Dacula Dean Member

Right on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.