South East Drag Day - March 2nd, 2008 @ Silver Dollar Raceway

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by stealthrt, Jan 29, 2008.

1. stealthrt

stealthrt New Member

Hey everyone! I'd like to welcome you to our 8th annual SouthEast Drag Day 2008! Hosted by Georgia 3/S and SELOC. The event will be held on Sunday, March 2nd @ Silverdollar Raceway. The caravan will leave the Varsity downtown @ 8am. The track gates will open at 10am, racing begins at 11am, qualifying for the Quick 8 will start around 1.30pm, and eliminations for the Quick 8 will start between 3pm and 4pm.

SouthEast Drag Day was started as an event that provided a legal and safe place for friends and enthusiasts to grudge match, tune, and compete in the Quick 8 competition. The Quick 8 competition is for the quickest street legal cars to compete for cash prizes. There are rules to be in the Quick 8, please check them out on the website: www.southeastdragday.com. Also, please be aware of NHRA rules for drag racing if you are racing inside or outside of the Quick 8; helmets, long sleeves, closed toed shoes, roll cage requirements, etc.

If you have any questions, please email SouthEastDragDay@gmail.com!

Hope to see you there!

~Richard

2. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Hmm.. I've been wanting to check that place out.. try out my stage 2 before protune to check the difference. Is this going to be imports? Ford Fest or a mix?

3. stealthrt

stealthrt New Member

We cater primarily to imports, but won't turn a domestic away.

The event is hosted by Georgia 3/S and SELOC, so there will be plenty of Stealth/3000GT/Lexus there

Other cars usually in attendance include : Subaru, Audi, Rx-7, Supra, BMW, G35, 300zx, 350Z, Mercendes, Maseratti, 240sx, DSM, Motorcycles, Mustang, Grand National, etc, etc, etc

4. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I have been to every one of these events in the past 3 or so years, and it is always a good time. Best of luck, I am sure you will have a great turnout as always.

5. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I'll be there.

6. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

i have a lot of people going down saturday..i didnt know about sunday..i may go then too

7. stealthrt

stealthrt New Member

What's going on saturday?

8. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

just test n tune

9. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

thanks for the invite :)

10. stealthrt

stealthrt New Member

curious... their website says there is a " Jerry Barker Chevrolet ET Series" event on March 1st :dunno

11. UpSideDownDesi

UpSideDownDesi Active Member

if the car is still here......i'll be there.

12. stlth664

stlth664 Supporting Member

Hey guys! Hope you make it down :)

13. stealthrt

stealthrt New Member

14. stealthrt

stealthrt New Member

15. stealthrt

stealthrt New Member

Pre-registration ends THIS WEEKEND, Sunday at midnight.

Don't forget that pre-registering is cheaper than paying at the event, and comes with a t-shirt!

16. stealthrt

stealthrt New Member

4 More Days