The Hyundai Genesis

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mokinbird87, Feb 3, 2008.

1. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

hyundai genesis: 375 hp (on 89 octane) V8, 5-star crash rating all four corners, 0.27 drag coefficient (911 turbo= 0.29), suspension that lowers itself the faster you go, ZF 6-speed auto tranny w/ manual shift, lexicon sound system (only used in Rolls Royce exclusively), adaptive HID headlights (ones that swivel), smart cruise control (like the S-class that keeps the certain distance bet u and the car), push button start, navigation, L.E.D. blue gauges, more spacious than the BMW 7-series.

all for $30,000 dollars... (V8 = less than 40K)

the days when u wont be ashamed to drive a hyundai is slowly but surely getting there. constructive criticism only please.

2. Deke

Deke Active Member

Yeah I've been hearing bits and pieces about this car. And then there was an article about it in the January or February Car and Driver. It looks pretty sick.

3. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

...What the hell?
    this car might find it self in my garage..

4. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Umm...its still a hyundai....

5. Deke

Deke Active Member

Oh, he's apparently talking about a different car than I was thinking (I was slightly intoxicated when originally reading this post last night).

Genesis Coupe (Note: Not roomier than a 7 series, and the awesome one)

[​IMG]

Genesis (Note: the one he was talking about)

[​IMG]

6. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

This would be a good replacement for the Tiburon. I assume the Genesis coupe would replace the Tiburon coupe

7. mokinbird87

this is the exact reason why i said 'constructive criticism' only..:squint:

8. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

Americans used to say that about Hondas too. It wasn't all that long ago when Japanese-made products were seen as inferior to American made. Now the Koreans want to compete too.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008
  9. mokinbird87

10. mokinbird87

hyundai reported that genesis exceeded the torsional rigidity of the BMW 5-series by 14%....!!

11. longfury

longfury Active Member

The Tiberon will not be replaced with the Genesis coupe. The Tib will be moved down a little to make room for the Genesis coupe. Thats what Hyundai is saying right now. They might change their mind with all the positive things that are being said about it.

12. mokinbird87

they are working on a 4-cyl turbo, RWD car to replace the tiburon.. all of a sudden hyundai seems to be doing the right things!

13. KA05STi

KA05STi Member

arnt they gonna be big in the drift scene?

14. longfury

longfury Active Member

Thats true...they are working on a Tiberon replacement that should be good. The Genesis coupe is a separate model though.

15. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

The Genesis is supposed to come with two motor options.

1. Turbo 4cyl

2. N\A V6 320hp

I'm saving my money now, I think it looks awesome and I don't care if you put a kia badge on it.

16. Deke

Deke Active Member

Did anyone else see the multiple comercials for the Genesis tonight (the big one, not the coupe)? It looked pretty good. Only thing that was kind of ghey was the front badging looked like a Bentley/mini cooper.

17. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

I think the price might be closer to 40k.

18. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

Dibs on tag that reads "SEGA"..sorry i thought it was funny.. but anyway..umm tails look like LS series Lexus..front badge looks Bentley and the front end looks like a Maybach/Benz... Not something I would drive, but just like the 300c because of what it looks like...(not something between 30 and 40k..) it will sell like crazy I'm sure..because the world we live in..many of people live off of "image"..and so for those people that can't afford the 7 series bmw..or don't want to pay that much for a car..well now they will have this..

19. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

When is Hyundai ever going to have an original idea?

This thing is a Lexus, BMW, Mercedes sake love child...

20. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I agree. And their previous models seemed to be the bastard child of a Jaguar.

21. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

Yea..its like taking almost exactly what i just said..making it short and sweet and selling it for less.. bwhahahaa

22. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

so what, it's a cliff-note car... it might be good ;)