Biking

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by ridinobryan, Jan 22, 2008.

1. ridinobryan

ridinobryan Member

Guess this is the right place for this. I know there are some other cyclists on the site. Wondering what bikes you have and your favorite style of riding.

Me? I've dabbled in quite a few styles. So...I've ended up with a few bikes.

Kona Stab - DH bike
    Santa Cruz Bullit - DH/FR bike
    Mountain Cycle Rumble - dirt jump bike
    Echo Control - Trials bike
    Cannondale CAAD 7 - road bike
    1980's Peugeot - fixed gear

Brisa 26D trials frame
    Planet X Pitbull frame
    Santa Cruz Chameleon frame
    And a bunch of freakin bike parts

Anybody up for a ride?

2. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

looks like you have a lot of neat stuff. I ride, but only have an XC bike at the moment. I used to race DH and 4X, but got out of it. I want to build a street/jump bike.

hmmm.... what size is that Chameleon frame??? I've been looking for a used 16" for a while... ;)

3. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

I have a:
    XC Barracude A2V Mountain Bike
    Jamis Team Dakar full suspension
    Specialized Allez road bike

And hopefully later this year a new Carbon fiber road bike, not sure what brand yet.

4. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

just a specialized rockhopper for me, dont have money for road bike at the moment

5. ridinobryan

ridinobryan Member

Think the Chameleon is a large. Bought it 5-6 years ago. I've used it for x-country, dirt/park, SS commuter. Want to build it back up as a x-country single speed. But, been thinking that for awhile. Need to sell the Kona (which is in the works) and the Bullit. Maybe the road bike too. I ride the trials bike the most.

6. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

A2V!!!! yesss....
    Dakar = FSR lawsuit. AKA, stump jumper for 1/2 price

Rockhoppers are NICE. road bikes are gay...

Lifetime warranty!!!! :) (or was it during their 5 year only time period?) If it's the right size build that thing up! For some reason I saved and saved for a Chameleon frame and ended up buying their Jackal frame, which proceeded to beat the ever living shit out of me (google it). I've always wanted a white 16" Chameleon.... (*sigh*) I used to race pro/semi-pro so every now and then I have flashbacks. I got my first job at 14 @ Kovachi Wheels and I've been working/running shops ever since! I love it. I hate to admit it, but I'm probably the second best mechanic in Ga. (second to Matt at Roswell Cycleworks :bowdown:). If you need anything let me know. Between us, if you drop your bike off at my house I can take it to work with me and OVERHAUL it for $50. I'm talking NEW cables, chain, wash, lube, true, tubes, everything!!! PM me if you need anything. I don't work at any shops now, but I have friends of friends that get me what I need and a full shop in my garage.

7. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

:slap: F Team Blue! Whatever mmtasty. You wait until I kick your ass around the velodrome. ;)

I have:

Scott Speedster S6 road bike
    mmtasty's fixed gear bike (brand unknown) which I still haven't ridden yet. :(

And in March/April I'll be upgrading to ...

[​IMG]

...a Trek Madone 5.2. I can't wait!

Where do you do your road riding?

8. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

come out to gwinnett
    we have rides every saturday and sunday in winter

and spring comes we have rides tue,thu (fairly fast) after work and both sat and sun rides GTC.org

[​IMG]

9. ridinobryan

ridinobryan Member

The Jackal is a sick frame. I had looked at that before buying the Rumble. Just didn't have the cash for the SC. But I honestly don't know if I'll really get heavy into jumping again. Seperated my shoulder 2 years ago and will probably have problems for the rest of my days. Unless I have surgery. Plus, I'm getting too old to be banging myself up like that. But I'll probably still dabble. Thanks for the offer on working on a bike. Try to do most of it myself. I've built all of my bikes and a couple of wheels. Wish I had an engineering background because I would be making alot of my own parts!

10. ridinobryan

ridinobryan Member

Are all of these yours!!!??? Nice! Especially like the Merlin.

11. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

^^^^ actually i have three more Bianchi and a cannondale (forsale) not on the ceiling. Cracked the EPX carbon

12. lostinthewoods

This is the Team Dakar from I think 96/98 or so. Its the alumn full susp they produced. Its a lovely full susp XC bike :)

whats the FSR lawsuit over ? The suspension design?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  13. SubaruBMXer

SubaruBMXer Member

BMX racer

2007 Clayborn BMX race bike

#19 snapping out in Tulsa, OK on my old orange Clayborn frame

sponsors: Clayborn, MAXXIS, Shimano, Profile, FLYracing

I'm still racing at age 37 in the 30 and over VET PRO class.

Started racing in '79 and just can't stop.

*I train for cardio on a 2005 Felt F2C with a Durace Groupo and Ksyrium SLs

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  14. ridinobryan

ridinobryan Member

That's great that you're still racing. I'll turn 39 this year and yeah the aches & pains last a little longer but I still feel like a kid once I start riding. I actually raced BMX a couple times probably around the same year. Just loved building jumps and, well, jumping them. Still like doing that.

15. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

That's fantastic! I'd love to get started in road racing, crits, etc. We'll see how this year goes...

16. AWD_Tiger

AWD_Tiger Member

I have recently gotten into mountian biking. Right now i have a 05 Fuji Nevada with a few upgrades, a 1970 somthing Kabuki road bike (commuter) and a 2000 stock Haro Blammo bmx bike. I hope to purchase an all mountain-ish hardtail soon.

17. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Specialized E5 S-Works Tarmac
    Guru Chrono TT Bike
    Surly Cross Check
    Blue XC MTB
    Renn Disc, Hed Stinger 60's, Bontrager Aero Carbon

We got a team deal with Trek this year so I have a Trek Madone 6.5 on order but won't be ariving until March/April.

My wife put the hammer on me last season and made me get rid of a few bikes:(

18. integroid

19. integroid

That is not a 5.2:)....that is a 6.9 and can only get that frame color scheme in the 6.9 or Project one. Trust me, I tried and the Trek rep told me NO:) Both bikes are beuatiful regardless. nice choice:)

20. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

I'll list mine in order as i acquired them.

-98 GT Zaskar, ball burnished alumn finish(still own it, BALLA! :))
    -01 Gt I-Drive 4.0(broke it)
    -04 I-drive 3.0
    -02 Giant AC 2
    -01 Foes DHS Tube(broke it)
    -03 Foes Fly
    -04 Planet-x ridge back(still own and my DD)

A couple pics...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Raced in the MADHRA dh series, my home tracks/trails are/were Sky Valley, a fair amount of Windrock, and the vast majority out at Mansell road(exit 8 off 400).

I miss my FLY, that was a BAMF. I *really* enjoyed my 01 I-drive as well, owning that bike made me really want a DHi/ruckus.

Would like to start dabbling in some road bikeing, but they charge to much for those damn things and i have to much hair on my legs. :(

Last edited: Jan 29, 2008
  21. integroid

[​IMG]

I jsut got a call from my shop letting me know that my bike came off back-order early and I will have it next week! WOOT!

Oh yeah, it is a Trek Madone 6.5 Pro!

22. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Sweet dood, looks like a nice little road bike.

Did you ever get solid #'s on your car? I want a ride when you get that thing back to au.

23. integroid

LOL....Not yet but I am going back to TopSpeed on Monday so they can swap out my turbine housing and hopefully solve my boost creep problems.

I will make sure and let you know the next time I am down there:)

24. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Details, details... ;) It was the quickest picture I could find. Here's the 5.2 for those that care...

[​IMG]

:drool: That's fantastic dude! Congratulations. Who do you race for?

25. integroid

I race for Cycleworks. My 6.5 came in today and I put my Botrager Carbon Aero's on the bike. The bike weighed in at 15.1 lbs with pedals, computers, and all acc. on it. It is amazingly light and stiff. I took about a 50 mile ride on it today. Honestly, it is a wicked riding bike. Reminds me of the Tarmac SL i use to own. I am happy with the purchase. The new bontrager wheels. stem, and handlebars are amazing! Pounce on the pedals going up hill and the bike flys. I will post up some pics after I break the news to the wife.

"How is your dinner hun? Oh Yeah, did I tell you I purchased a new team bike? No? Are you sure???I thought I told you...."How much was it" Umm....half of retail....."How much is half of retail" trust me...it was a killer deal......"GIVE ME THE DAMN NUMBER BEFORE YOU GET KICKED OUT OF THE HOUSE" Ok, well it was cheaper than what I spent on my car the last few months...."So you are saying it is cheaper than $2K, because that is all you told me you spent" Ooooohhhhh...sure honey...cheaper than 2K.(WHisper) for the wheels...."What was that?"...oh nothing dear!

26. integroid

You need to get the 5.2 pro ion the blue color.

WHere do you live, what size bike do you ride, and I can save you money on it if you are seriously wanting to buy one.

27. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

I like to get a carbon to my arsenal but i have 4 frames still sitting on my desk (2 here)
    [​IMG]

28. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

I'm digging the black/white combo...still unsure on the pro vs. performance fit. Is the blue a P1 color? Or they come stock that way?

I live in the Vinings/Smyrna area. I ride a 56. I am very serious and I'm looking to buy within a month. PM me with details...

29. DaveH

DaveH Member

I can certainly relate to the 'honey I only spent $1500 on my wheels' stories.

My ride for this season:

[​IMG]

integroid: I know who you are! I race for Aaron's. I think we last met at Road ATL? Part of the Gwinnett Series?

30. integroid

LOL....Yeah, my wife thinks we get KILLLER deals through the pro-deals from the team:) I love Bianchi's......Maybe if I ever switch to Aaron's I can finally ride one:)

FInally took a pic this am next to my dirty car.

[​IMG]

31. integroid

The blue is a standard color for the Pro fit 5.2. The differences between the pro and performance fit in the 5.2 is the geometry of the frame and you get either a compact crankset or triple on the performacne or a regular crankset on the pro. I will check with the shop to see if I can get a break on the rpice for friends. I know that they are very hesitant right now because they can't keep them in stock. Trek had to stop making the 5.1 in the US so they could fullfill the demand on the other madone models.

32. DaveH

DaveH Member

So pretty! Is that seat a Toupe?

33. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

That bike is beyond beautiful! Wow. :bowdown:

Awesome, thanks for the info.

34. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

I am looking for another Bianchi size 55
    i prefer all aluminium and Reparto Corsa

Any suggestions ??
    My EV2 was my race bike and its showing its age
    I like to have a backup. Will trade with all other frames i have

I use to race but due to time i only ride a couple times a week but still run with the big dogs once a while. M

35. integroid

Shhhh...don't tell anyone:) Yeah, I have 4 Toupe's at home. We use to be sponsored by Specialized so I fell in love with the seat when I first got one. I have trashed a few in wreck's but still have enough to keep me going for awhile:)

36. integroid

Ming, you need to really look at a full carbon bike. You will never look back at your aluminum bikes after you ride a good full carbon bike.

37. DaveH

DaveH Member

But....if you are looking for an Alu Bianchi, I may be able to help you out. I know some of our guys will be selling theirs and moving to T-Cubes. I'll keep an eye on the Aaron's forum for a 55cm. Who knows, maybe someone will have a CF Bianchi for sale?

Keep in mind that Outback Bikes have a plethora of Bianchis for sale; fully built up or just frames. They tend to price their stuff to move.

38. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

My team race bike used to be a carbon (EPX) of course not as advance as todays design. I cracked the one after a couple of training sessions. and im a small guy. Somehow the carbon does not sync with my pedal motions - hard to explain. seems like it has a rhythm by itself and when im out of the pedal goin to the line i dont have the same confidence. but i do agree the carbon ride is great. I have other bikes for that ;)

so set me up with a carbon and get me out of these disposable frames (alum) :)

39. integroid

DaveH? Do you have the blue wrx wagon that wanted to steal me Legacy at TNC? :)

40. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

Yes please keep an eye out for used but not abused Bianchis (prefer all aluminum)

41. integroid

Carbon has come a long way since the EPX bikes. Heck, there were much better full carbon bikes when EPX was around:) I will keep an eye out for a good carbon frame for you Ming. You ride a 55 in a Standard geometry bike?

42. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

integroid, what shop do you work for?

43. integroid

I don't work for a "shop".

I am actually just a computer geek but I ride for Cycleworks.

44. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

yup 55
    more like 54.5-55.5 Effective top tube. I dont care too much bout the seat tube length.

45. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Cool man. Same here, minus the riding for Cycleworks. ;)

46. lostinthewoods

He rides for Romper Stomper :) ^^

47. DaveH

DaveH Member

Close!

Yes, I said I'd steal your Legacy. And still may. :eek3:

Blue sedan thou, not wagon. Although I'd better walk outside and check; just to confirm.

48. integroid

Ooops...sorry...I don't know why I thought it was a wagon:)

Didn't I see you on Tucker last weekend? Why weren't you riding your new bike? I should be out there this weekend as well but I will be riding my new bike:) Hope to see you out there.

Eddie

49. DaveH

DaveH Member

Yup - I said hi to you.

'Twas a good Tucker. Not too hard, not too easy. Purrr-fect weather.

No worries re the wagon. I've been categorized worse.

Dave

50. integroid

Good Job this weekend Dave. and just for the record, I beat you by 1 minute 1 second:) Why did you get a 1 minute penalty?