TopSpeed / Scott Siegel

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by Afande, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Afande

Afande Member

I've recently had an opportunity to get tuned at TS and by Scott. The experience was an overwhelmingly positive and results driven ordeal. To start off with, Scott pulled my map, analyzed it and immediately saw areas for improvement. My response to him was that as the professional that he is, "Go ahead and fix it."

We installed a bigger maf which pretty much called for everything to be recalibrated. Scott annihilated this challenge with a surgical precision that speaks volumes of his experience and skill. Several hours were spent verifying, pulling, logging, flashing etc. The final challenge of the day was a road tune. Up to this point I hadn't driven the vehicle but when all was said and done, Scott said it's done! Naturally, I was a little skeptical as I had never been tuned by Scott yet I had heard so many positive things.

For a brief moment, I privately flirted with the idea that maybe Scott was tooting his own horn because he was so confident that it was a done deal. Well, we parted with the agreement that I would be sure to relay all feedback whether positive or negative back to Scott.

At this time, I have had the luxury of driving several hundred miles and gone through several fillups as well. I have also been logging key performance indicators. Simply put, when Scott said it was a "Done deal," it was a done deal. To elaborate a little more on that, what I mean is that this thing pulls in a manner so predictable with it's power delivery, that it is deceivingly and wickedly fast.

To all those that have experienced Scott's tunes before, I have to say that I am firmly in the belief that all that has been said is unarguably true!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
  2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Glad to see you're pleased with his work!

3. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

always great to read another positive review..and dude your vocabulary is amazing!

4. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

For those of us with a lesser vocabulary: TopSpeed FTMFW.

I can't wait until the time comes to get a tune. :)

EDIT: Rather, SS AND TopSpeed FTMFW. There we go.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
  5. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

agreed with first post!! SS FTW!!

6. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

SS FTW...I bet the wagon is putting down some great numbers Vincent....congrats to you and TS!!!.

Mark

7. JEFFSTI

JEFFSTI Member

sounds like your happy

8. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Great review but could you elaborate more on your setup and numbers?

9. WJM

WJM Banned

this must mean that he finally got that 2.5L in.

10. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Its been in a while. He just finally got a real tune.