Topspeed Siegel Tune

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by RamblinWRX, Feb 15, 2008.

1. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

Hey all, i just got my tune from topspeed.
    Mods:
    Vf39
    Pinks
    JDM STI TMIC
    Helix UP/DP
    ANSA 3" Catback

While strapping it to the dyno, they took the time to fix my silly bolt problems with the spark plug coilpacks that i couldn't get to with my wrenches as well as check for any other wierd issues(like my missing transmission dipstick somehow lodged in the intercooler bracket!). Haha, i had a messy install day :p

The first couple pulls, as i was seeing on the street, the car was not making more than 15-16lbs of boost on the Cobb OTS map. Scott decided to change the restrictor pill which except for the 06+ wrx Cobb does not mention in their notes. I had to leave for a test, but upon return, the Siegel got 273/273 with a dirty air filter. After i changed that, probably picked up another 2-3hp. We'll call it 275 :D

17psi by 3550. Tuned to 19psi with a taper. Pulls like a champ and with enormous gains in feel and throttle response, really smooth tune.

Dyno Graph to follow at some point.

2. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

How does it feel compared to when you drive my car? (well minus my dying clutch) I haven't gotten the rumble bee on a dyno yet and I am curious.

3. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

nice numbers

4. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

Ill let you drive it tonight and you can see for it yourself.

5. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

WHOOOO!!!:ddirty::ddirty:

6. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Scott is a pro and his work shows, that is for sure...

Hmm. I have been planning on a turbo upgrade from stock and I would be running the same fuel and TMIC as you. I guess I need more than a VF39 if I want the magic 300whp number???

7. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

That's awesome man, congrats! Glad your car is up and running solid once more.

8. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Or VF39 + some Meth...

9. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

With a FMIC and a perfect day you *MIGHT* scratch 300whp with a VF39, but usually you need a little more. The "classic Stage 4" setup was VF-34, FMIC, Pinks and was normally good for just over 300 of each. TMIC's are down 15whp or so, paper air-filters lose another 5-6whp, and a DIRTY (opaque - no light through it at ALL) stock filter is probably ANOTHER 5+whp....

Siegel

10. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

bump for dyno graph?

11. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

+1 ^ i forgot to get a printout.

Haha, and in my defense with the filter i was busy making sure all the exhaust bolts were torqued down and did not have time to go get the stuff for my 30k service :p. I didn't know they got so fricking dirty that quick! I guess a K&N would be a solid investment.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2008