Savannah Autocross, event 1

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Hazzard, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

on Hutchinson Island

Test and Tune scheduled for Sat. 2/16 and Autorcoss on Sunday 2/17
    Test and Tune is $20 and the event on Sunday is $25.
    You must be an SCCA member to participate in either of these events, but if you are not a member yet, you can purchase a weekend membership for $10 for Friday through Monday on either day.

I will probably be out there both days.

2. FRCFED4

FRCFED4 Member

where is hutchinson island? i know of tybee but never hutchinson. maybe some directions from savannah?

3. 05wrx

05wrx Member

hey ben i am thinkin about goin to, what time does it start?

4. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

registration starts at 7:30 on both days. Drivers meeting for Test and Tune is at 9:30, for the Autocross on Sunday, the drivers meeting is at 10.
    Usually, right after the drivers meeting they start sending cars off.

5. tigris

tigris Member

Can you post some directions, or an address so we can google them? Provided I don't get too tied up with work, I'll be there.

6. Pomorski

Pomorski Member

Google Map

See The Club at Savannah Harbor at the top? That's Hutchingson Island and that road to the east of the golf course has a parking lot on the North side that is used.

Go here for more directions: Buccaneer Region SCCA

I won't be going out and racing since I don't agree with the new rules regarding membership; however, if anyone would like me to go and take pictures for them, I'd be more than glad to.

7. Meredith

Meredith Banned

First of all if you don't agree with the membership issue you should write the National SOLO office. Not participating in your local SCCA region is hurting your region more than it's hurting National. The membership rule is mandated by SCCA National not by Bucanneer Region SCCA. People have already complained that mandating membership will hurt regions, especially smaller ones. You do realize the weekend membership is to extend insurance benefits to you that only regular SCCA members receive?

8. FRCFED4

FRCFED4 Member

im in. ill stop by for test and tune to meet some of u then ill be back on sunday to watch the races...and yes i would like some pictures taken of the event/my car since my camera died :(

9. Pomorski

Pomorski Member

the problem i have with it is that i only went to maybe three in a year (if that) anyways so the cheaper cost of being a member never outweighed the cost of membership so i was never a member. now with the requirement of membership just to run, it's far to expensive and the added cost doesn't make it worthwhile for how few times I go; therefore, i no go. if the national wants to screw over the smaller regions, that's their choice. and i could care less about the insurance benefits since by going i already have to sign a waiver which means if i get hurt, it's my responsibility and if i wreck my car i sure as hell wouldn't expect any insurance company to pay for it since it was my own reckless driving that probably caused it.

furthermore, this isn't the place to be having this discussion (sorry for the hijack ben). next time, pm me if you feel like it.

now, let's get this thread back on topic.

10. Pomorski

Pomorski Member

are you planning on running at all saturday or sunday or just going to hang? i'm asking this since if if you want me to take pics of you running, i need to know when to get there but if you just want pics of your car, hutchinson wouldn't be a good place since the background kinda sucks and the lighting really wouldn't be the best for that sort of picture taking. the best lighting is right around sunrise and sunset for "glamour" type car shots unless we were in a nicely shaded area.

11. FRCFED4

FRCFED4 Member

probably not gonna be running, just going to hang out. i've always wanted to go to an event but ohio kinda gets screwed on that so this will be my virgin experience and im pretty pumped

12. 05wrx

05wrx Member

im up for just watchin, what time are u and everyone else going to be there, are you runnin your car?

13. BattleWagon

BattleWagon Member

im comn back just for the test and tune...Gonna bring out either the ae86 or the MR2....gonna be a lot of fun!!!
    Hope to see you guys again

14. reconracer

reconracer Member

are we going to meet up at this

15. Pomorski

Pomorski Member

man, if you're coming down, i might have to show...

16. Pomorski

Pomorski Member

why not?

17. Pomorski

Pomorski Member

hey ben, what are the times for the test thing tomorrow?

18. FRCFED4

FRCFED4 Member

ya need all the info tonight so i can be there on time

19. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

registration is 7:30 to 9:30
    drivers meeting at 9:30
    then racing until we all get tired.

20. BattleWagon

BattleWagon Member

u better...im gonna b in the drift MACHINE......you need to take pics if you dont drive...

21. FRCFED4

FRCFED4 Member

22. reconracer

reconracer Member

23. Pomorski

Pomorski Member

Pics from Test & Tune 02/16/2008- Travis

Here are your pics Travis; let me know which ones you'd like full size. #'s 5 though 10 are of your nice little drift attempt...

1)
    [​IMG]

2)
    [​IMG]

3)
    [​IMG]

4)
    [​IMG]

5)
    [​IMG]

6)
    [​IMG]

7)
    [​IMG]

8)
    [​IMG]

9)
    [​IMG]

10)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  24. Pomorski

Pomorski Member

Pics from Test & Tune 02/16/2008- Erin

Here are your pics Erin; let me know which ones you'd like full size. Didn't get as many good ones as I did the others. For some reason yours came out fuzzy more often than not. Wonder if the color was affecting my auto-focus...

1)
    [​IMG]

2)
    [​IMG]

3)
    [​IMG]

25. Pomorski

Pomorski Member

Pics from Test & Tune 02/16/2008- Ben

Here are your pics Ben; let me know which ones you'd like full size. Came out pretty good.

1)
    [​IMG]

2)
    [​IMG]

3)
    [​IMG]

4)
    [​IMG]

5)
    [​IMG]

6)
    [​IMG]

26. Pomorski

Pomorski Member

Pics from Test & Tune 02/16/2008- Porsche

Just a couple of the nice orange 911. Beautiful car...

1)
    [​IMG]

2)
    [​IMG]

And a front view of the other newer 911:
    [​IMG]

27. Pomorski

Pomorski Member

Do you have another host for those who aren't myspace users?

Started to get a migraine as soon as I clicked that link!:rofl: Holy crap dude, you need a cleaner background!

28. reconracer

reconracer Member

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  29. Pomorski

Pomorski Member

thanks dude, i'll check them out this evening.

yes, there are some of us who don't see a reason to have a myspace. i still see myspace as the social "in" thing to do when you're in middle school and maybe high school. but, of course, you all grew up with myspace...

30. reconracer

reconracer Member

you gotta move past that and quit letting your emotions get involved.

31. Pomorski

Pomorski Member

:confused:

32. BattleWagon

BattleWagon Member