Atlanta Region SCCA Points Event #1 Registration now open! (2/17)

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by BrianGT, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Meredith

Meredith Banned

jeeze everyone is droping like files!

2. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Registered for DDP! :banana:

3. gt9729b

gt9729b Member

I'm just giving you a head start in the AS season points is all.

4. Meredith

Meredith Banned

I'll be in PRO class.... i like being last or second to last :(

5. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

She's a pro. :bowdown: ;)

6. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Hhahaha i wish.... I just like the serious competition involved. I think I have passed the line of casual autoxer to addict that requires one to run PRO.

7. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

Insano Raino Dorifto fun today!

Shame I didn't get to use all my runs up due to the tornado warnings but the ones that I did were very helpful in getting to grips (well the lack of in water) with this car. There were quite a few cars spinning out but shit it was fun!

8. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

I was home sick, so seriously bummed that I missed the first event. Blah! From the posts on SoloAtlanta.com, the course seemed long, fun and fast. Sweet Pea continues to dominate STU... ;) Go Team Blue!

9. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

now that Brian and Mere are not in STU it doesn't feel the same... :(

10. scooby_snacks

Was Mere driving the red S2000 that span out on the corner before the slalom? My only complaint was the big size meant more cones to try and navigate as a beginner.

11. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

That was a great event! Fortunately I got to run in the morning before all the rain. I was bummed that DDP had to be canceled, I really needed the practice. I ended up getting my best time on the first run with 3 other passengers in the car....

I loved the long course, but like scooby snacks mentioned above, it was a lot of cones for a beginner, but I definitely got my money's worth! The worker change "on the fly" kept things moving very well too.

12. rp1

rp1 Member

Hey, good to see a lot of auto crossers in the Atlanta area online. My name is Randall. I had the Black M3 in STU. :wavey:

My real sinister reason for posting is to see what tires you STU STi's were running? (Mike and Joey) I figure this is a decent way of finding out if my driving needs improvement or my tires do :cool:

Great to see you all out there. Get some pictures of you with you car so next time out I'll know who to look for :)

13. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

It was a good course, technical in some spots but plenty of speed. That surface was really bumpy on my new coilovers though.

14. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Hooray for Randall!!! Another STU competitor! It's shaping into a fairly large class again considering we lost Brian, Mere, and often a 3rd driver of their car.

I run 225/45/17 RE01Rs and love them.

Every time I hit that bump in the braking zone coming out of the first sweeper I thought about you. I know that one hurt. :rofl:

15. rp1

rp1 Member

Thanks for the warm welcome! I've always bounced around classes with my old BMWs. I think STU will be a fun class and large enough to really have to work to get to the top.

Great course, like you all said, though. The zig-zag at the end really threw me for a loop. Loved the slaloms though. Nice to have a car with an excellent multi-link rear suspension as opposed to my old trailing arm.

16. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Fixed that for you, Mike

;)

17. SubiNoobi

I was working the corner where that pothole was. I kept watching it get bigger and bigger as more cars hit it. Thankfully they altered the course around it for the afternoon

18. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

yeah, that sucked! Did not see that coming at all... by my fourth run it was big enough to drive through as it was more of a dip than a hole! hahaha...

19. scooby_snacks

So when's the next one?

20. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

There is a test and tune next month I hope to make it to. I did the SR track this month so couldn't do the autocross. How was Mere doing in her new toy?

21. SubiNoobi

I was working the course for the pro class runs, and it was something to see all those good drivers go through the course so quickly and smoothly.

I don't remember which s2k Mere was driving, but they both looked very fast through the first half, which was all I could see.

22. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

she was in the first Red one without the UGA front tag

23. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

hey thanks! The first time I hit it while brakign I think my ABS went into the "Ice Mode"the 02's were famous for. i plowed right through the corner and DNF'd.

Nice times BTW. You had a 71.xx as your best?

24. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

I bet... speed bumps in a braking zones are one thing coilovers don't play nice with. And it's subsequently hard to make the turn when your front wheels aren't on the ground. hahaaha...

25. Captain Slow

Captain Slow Member

If by Joey you mean me, then I'll be glad to tell you that I ran 245/45-17 Falken Azenis RT-615. They were probably too big for the power my wrx put down, but whatever, they were a good compound. This year I'll be running the RE70's found on a stock STi frankly, because I'm too poor to afford real tires. Welcome to STU, I look forward to competing against you.

P.S. Congrats on the Victory Mike. Shame I couldn't be there.