Biking

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by ridinobryan, Jan 22, 2008.

1. DaveH

DaveH Member

You know when Mr J counts you down on the starters' ramp? He says: "3-2-1-Go!"

Well, I was kind of eager to Go. So I made that bit up myself (Go).

Starter:"3-2-1-<jump!>-1 second penalty".

I was hoping that when he said "1 second penalty" he meant just that. Apparently not :(

Still, I am pleased. I beat 2 other teammates that were beating my @ss a couple of weeks back. On my $1,000 roadbike with clip-ons.

Great time Eddie! Time to move up a category.

2. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I just put in my upgrade request after Mr J told me to on the starting platform. See you soon? I am probably out for Tucker this weekend. Might hit up Webb Bridge instead.

3. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

roadies... :pssh:

4. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

:slap:

And one for you too BlackAndBlue! Hey, btw, were you at Performance off N. Druid last week? I swear I saw your car in the parking lot.

5. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

yeap that was me. were you just driving by?

6. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Nah, I was in the store. I saw your car on the way out.

7. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

What were u doin in a bike store hmmm

8. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Handing out money

9. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

thats funny, i did the same thing.

10. lostinthewoods

My hand is open.. so clay when you dropping the hammer on the new ride

11. snakecharmer

snakecharmer Member

Current ride...2001 Cannondale R2000 Si with Ultegra and Ksyrium SSC's. Previous ride (and current ride for wind trainer and rollers)...1988 Cannondale with eclectic mix of 105, Ultegra and Dura Ace.

mmtasty, I have a set of Kovachi race wheels I used on my old Cannondale back in the day when I was in shape and raced...best wheels I ever owned.

Somebody please organize a group ride...I need some motivation to get back on the bike.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2008
  12. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

[​IMG]

fixed it for you

13. lostinthewoods

My bike has dust on it.

14. snakecharmer

snakecharmer Member

Mine too...it sure doesn't look like the picture anymore.

15. integroid

I would love to do a WRXATLANTA group ride. What part of town would be best?

16. snakecharmer

snakecharmer Member

If I was in shape, I'd say "3 Gap"...same route as the mtn runs...but counterclockwise (Neels, Wolfpen, Woody). A flatter route would be better for me since I'm old, overweight and out of shape. There's a ride from Kennesaw to Cartersville and back every Sat at 9:00am that a guy at work does.

17. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

There's something new... :pssh:

Let's do it! I'm game. Keith (lostinthewoods) has a nice marked route up in Cumming. Any place you would suggest integroid?

18. integroid

I am up for anything:) There is Webb Bridge (Alpharetta/Cumming)Sat morning at like 7:30. The Kennesaw ride near KSU that starts at 9:00 AM. Tucker that starts at 10:00 AM right now. Airport that starts at 10:00 AM on Sunday. All of these rides are 40-60 miles. Or if you just want to make it the wrxatlanta group, I have a ride from the Duluth Cycleworks shop that is about 35 miles.

19. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Anyone have a road bike i can borrow? haha :)

20. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

How did I miss this thread...
    I'm currently on a Scott CR1, and need to get back into shape. Just ask Clay, LOL! I'm down for any easy paced group ride on the weekend. Keep me posted. I think Clay may be getting a Madone 5.2 Pro!!! What a sweet ride.
    Chris

Oh, and I use to ride Trials, mountian bikes, and race BMX in college. I got hurt too much so I had to quite.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  21. lostinthewoods

Webb bridge guys hammer to much for me. (right now)

Saturday mornings I have 3 options around me. Vickery YMCA ride is about 25 miles , I have another one that is around 38 miles that we could leave from my house and goes thru cherokee and north forsyth. Also there is another one that leaves from majors road near 400 (shiloh office park)

22. lostinthewoods

What kind of pace you guys taking. Right now I need something slow 16-18mph.

23. integroid

I am good for any pace. Just let me know when and where.

24. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

What are you talking about...I know nothing. :eek:hnoes:

(right now)...well, if you wouldn't let all that dust collect on your dust and stop turning me down for rides...excuses. ;) I kid...all the rides Keith mentioned are great...I've ridden them.

What? I was thinking like 25 or 30...

+1

25. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

The new machine after it's maiden voyage yesterday...sorry for the crappy camera phone pic.

[​IMG]

26. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

Is the front wheel on a lower step? If not we need to check to make sure your saddle is level again.
    I'm up for a Sloooow ride. around 15 is probably all I can hang with right now. I'm way out of shape.

27. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Chris, the saddle definitely dropped. I noticed it even more so today after today's ride. I was going to try and adjust, but just didn't get to it tonight. So, I may bring it by the shop tomorrow. I was able to get through the ride by riding on the back of the saddle; otherwise, I felt like I was sliding down the seat. :D

28. integroid

Nice Bike...Make sure you get the clear frame protectors on. The shop forgot to put mine on and I just realized it tonight:(

29. DaveH

DaveH Member

Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  30. DaveH

DaveH Member

:mad:

...can't seem to link images into my post...

Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  31. ridinobryan

ridinobryan Member

Noticed the L5Flyers, so I've probably seen you up at Outback. What year is your WRX? I'm just getting into road riding, so I'm still working on setting the bike up properly. Just haven't had a lot of time lately.

32. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

33. integroid

I want to say Dave has a 04+ WRB WRX Sedan.

That is a beautiful bike Dave. Will you be riding it this weekend? Make sure and watch out for thsoe potholes in Norris Lake;)

34. DaveH

DaveH Member

Thanks rexrocker and integroid. Just rode it up Kennesaw Mountain. A few times.... I felt like I was tethered to helium balloons. It's sooo light.

ridinobryan, if you've ever done an Outback Bikes (OBB) ride, we've probably met. My typical rides are Marietta Crit, OBB Wednesday, Pizza, Tucker. Used to do the Quad County ride from OBB a lot too.

integroid....this weekend is All-Benny. Let the races begin!

35. ridinobryan

ridinobryan Member

Never done one of the OBB rides. Wouldn't last too long. But, you might know who I bought my frame from. Clay Parks. Good friends with Clay and Iona. Bought some parts from John Greene too. But the frame was from someone Clay rode with on a team. It's a matte black CAAD 7. Forget the size. Just got spend more time in the saddle.

36. integroid

I have heard that Albany is not a sanctioned USCF race. I don't think I want to risk racing in a non sanctioned event. Isn't Greenvellie this weekend as well?

37. DaveH

DaveH Member

Hmmm.....i know that some of the GA Cup races won't be USCF. Didn't know Albany was one of those. Oh well.

Greenville is on. Apparently last Sat was squirelly and crashy. Lotsa juniors, alas.

38. DaveH

DaveH Member

CAAD 7 is niiice! I know the name Clay Parks. Not sure if I know him or not though. Does he work at OBB perchance?

Y'know, I used to race when I was a junior. When I got to 18 or so, I realized that my 'investment' in cycling was totally messing up my school performance. That was when the self-imposed sabbatical began. For 13 years, I only used my bike for commuting. All racing ceased.

Then it all changed again. I started doing OBB Wed ride. Every week, I would get dropped farther in on the ride. Finally (and slowly but surely), I got to the point where I was contesting the final sprint.

So, I suppose what I am saying is: see you at the ride! Starts up in March, IIRC.

39. integroid

I see Clay Parks on a lot of rides in the srping/summer. He is a strong rider but kind of a hot head. no?

40. ridinobryan

ridinobryan Member

Yeah, that's Clay. He get's pissed alot. His wife is Iona Wynter, who is an olympic tri-athlete that represents Jamaica mon. But she's been racing track lately.

41. integroid

WOOT!

The following request to change your USCF category has been approved and processed
    by USA Cycling:
    2008-02-16 11:49
    Member: Eddie Sun
    License: Road Racer
    Request to change category from Cat 4 to Cat 3

42. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

GARY FISHER LUSH RUSH dirt jumping bike.

used to ride all the time. i really would like to start riding again but cant find the time.

43. DaveH

DaveH Member

Good man Eddie!

Welcome to the Thunderdome.... :wiggle:

44. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Congrats man! That's great...can I pick one of your guys' brains regarding getting involved in road racing?

45. integroid

Sure thing man. PM or email me if you want to take it off the boards.

email is my screen name at yahoo

46. snakecharmer

snakecharmer Member

Sweet ride Clay. You're in Smyrna right? Let's do the Sat Vinings ride soon. My son's last bball game is this Sat, so I'll be able to start riding after that.

47. snakecharmer

snakecharmer Member

Just get your get your USCF (oops - showing my age - I guess it's USA Cycling now) then find some races to register for. Join a racing club at one of the local shops so you'll have teammates to race with and get discounts on entry fees. A good training ride is the Tuesday night crit at West Oak office park near the corner of Sandy Plains and Canton Hwy. They should start up again soon (if they haven't already).

48. integroid

TNC is a good training ride but has gotten really big and a lot of the pro riders come out and play on that ride. It can be intimidating but you just got to remember if youg et dropped, you can sit out a lap and join back in after the group goes by.

49. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Hey David, thanks man...she's only seen the road twice since I picked it up last week, but I've had it on the trainer every day. Is it Day Light Savings yet?!?! Grrr. The Madone is beyond fantastic and so, so fast. :D I would love to do the Saturday Vinings ride with you. My goal is to get out with the fast group on Saturday by the spring-time and do their 55 mile "Beyond Six Flags" ride.

Awesome man, thanks! I really appreciate it. I'll hit you up at some point today or tomorrow.

50. DaveH

DaveH Member

Yeah, I agree re TNC. For intensity, I put it up there with Tucker and Pizza. Beware!

There is another mid-week crit, right? Didn't the sbl guys start something up?

I am not racing Albany this weekend. Got a case of the crud (sore throat and achey). I may do a low intensity ride Sat thou. Base pace. Eddie, any suggestions?