I have the flu :(

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Greg, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Greg

Greg Active Member

Brantley has had it the past couple of days, and now its obviously my turn... 101.6 temp, and rising. Hers got up to 103.2 while she was throwing up... This sucks beyond belief... So, if you wanna get the flu, just get arrested in Forsyth, because I HAVE to work through it. :(

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

so I wonder if us kissing on each yesterday other will give me the flu!

:rofl: :rofl:

kidding!

in all seriousness....that sucks. you saw it coming too...

3. Greg

Greg Active Member

^ you do know how bad thats gonna look if you actually get it, right?

4. Deke

Deke Active Member

Damn, I've been hearing about tons of people coming down with this. I really hope I can avoid it.

5. Matt

If I do (which is highly unlikely), I'll make sure to post up the photos!

oh wait......

6. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

drink tons of water dude...I had it for almost 2 weeks and if i went a hour with out drinkin water my temp would go right back up!! It's not fun!!

7. Greg

Greg Active Member

^ thats good news... not :( When I take a shower, it goes down to 100, but immediately goes back up

8. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

dude, please get some rest. you need 2-3 times the water u usually need.

Be careful. flu + work + no rest = pneumonia

9. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

try to drink 3/4 of your total body weight in oz of water.....trust me momma's a nurse!!

10. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

yep! sisters a doc

11. Greg

Greg Active Member

Thanks guys, I'll see if I can keep it down.

12. FRCFED4

FRCFED4 Member

wow that sucks, hope ya get better soon

13. Matt

oh and you can't be toooo sick seeing as how you posted in the correct forum still

:rofl:

14. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Yep, the vaccine was a poor match this year. Two of the most common Flu strains this year aren't in the vaccine at all. Its the first time in 20 years (or so) the vaccine has been this poor a match for the seasonal flu...

15. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

never had it, don't want it. No speeding in Forsyth!

Oh yeah, get well.....lol

16. Jake

Jake Active Member

damnit, i had a headache all the way home. but i've just been telling myself it was brantley's cats. hopefully i won't get it. they flipped out when i missed two days with bronchitis because of you guys. haha, i'm loading up on vitamin C.

17. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

if you can't keep water down, chew on (or keep in you mouth) crushed ice. it will still hydrate you. smart water is a good idea too, if you can't keep food down then your blood sugar and salts can be low, smart water already has electrolytes so it absorbs more efficiently.

very sorry you're sick man, and while i'm not trying to be an asshole, it bothers the hell out of me when people must or feel they must go to work with the flu. it's a threat to the public health and is irresponsible to expose other people because of workplace policies or personal ignorance. that's how epidemics get started. several people at my office have it and "feel" they should be there out of a sense of duty.

i hope you get well soon ;)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  18. Brian

Brian Active Member

at least 1/2 my work is sick cause everyone keeps coming in while sick. it's a like a TB ward in there

19. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

yeah i got the flu from someone at work too...

20. FACE

FACE Active Member

So is the young lady feeling better?
    ;)

21. Demo24

Demo24 Member

lots of people at my college have been out, although today seemed to be better for them. Luckily I've avoided it.

drink gatorade(or equivilant) if other stuff is too hard. Dunno why but that seems to stay down easier in general.

22. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

i feel for ya...i had some kind of virus a couple weeks ago similar to the flu....it was horrible.

Hope ya feel better soon!

23. Greg

Greg Active Member

Its kinda hard to call in your first couple of days... The police department looks highly upon attendance as well.

Yeah, today is her first "up" day. She'll be back to work tomorrow though :)
    I don't know what happened, because I was showing all the symptoms that she was, but today I woke up feel "ok". I just have a bad cough, and I'm waiting on a lung to come up one of these times...

24. Jake

Jake Active Member

sounds like i gave you my bronchitis. haha

25. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

What have you two been doing? :pssh::gaysex:

26. FACE

FACE Active Member

[/QUOTE] Yeah, today is her first "up" day. She'll be back to work tomorrow though :)
    I don't know what happened, because I was showing all the symptoms that she was, but today I woke up feel "ok". I just have a bad cough, and I'm waiting on a lung to come up one of these times...[/QUOTE]

Well I hope you too dont just pass it back and forth! :sx:

I took the vaccine and so far have missed the bug...(knocks on wood desk)

27. Greg

Greg Active Member

Keep knocking buddy cause they missed the 2 most common strands in the vaccine this year :)

28. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I hope that you feel better Greg. I had the flu and bronchitis and that was 2 months ago and I am still coughing. I even got the flu shot back in Oct. but as several people have told me, it doesn't seem too effective..

Mark

29. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I have this crap too. First the idiot lady at work came in with it and she passed it down to the others. Now my whole department got it. I missed 2 days of work and had this pounding headache and chest cold/flu. Now I'm so freaking weak that I feel like pure crap. Trying to drink a lot of water and gatorade but it's hard.

30. Jake

Jake Active Member

ha, i think i must have been immune to whatever you and brantley had greg. but i must have been a carrier because like 4 days after i got back down here a guy in my department strangely got the flu and was out for 2 days. I was still coughing and hacking with my leftovers from bronchitis, so its very possible i gave your crap to him

31. Greg

Greg Active Member

haha awesome. We're still getting over it... it turned from the flu, to a sinus infection which sucks just as bad. Everyone that comes in the jail is sick anyways, so I'll probably get it again anyways... :(