Biking

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by ridinobryan, Jan 22, 2008.

1. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Dave, come up and do Webb Bridge with me:)

2. DaveH

DaveH Member

What would you compare it to Eddie? 75% of a Tucker?

I need to keep the bpm count down....

Maybe its all downhill :p

3. snakecharmer

snakecharmer Member

This thread has motivated me. I rode the trainer last night and rocked out to some 80's hair music (Scorpions - World Wide Live). Think I'm about to go downstairs and ride again. Looking forward to the 55 miler. Let me know when.

4. integroid

Sure David...if that is what it will take to get you out there:) It is a little longer of a ride...50-55 miles? email me and let me know what you are doing tomorrow.

WRXATL screenname at yahoo.

5. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

What time is the Webb Bridge ride?

6. integroid

Rollout at 8:00 AM and be back to the car by 10:15-10:30

7. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Time for a ride!!!

Chris, Keith and I are getting together this Sunday, March 9th in Cumming for the Vickery Ride. Keith and I do this ride regularly during the spring and summer on Thursday nights and Saturday mornings. The route is well marked, ~21 miles, some rollers, a nice fast descent down Wrights Mill, relatively light traffic and just an overall good time. I throughly enjoy this ride and drive the 40 miles from my house two days a week to meet the group.

Details:

We will meet at the Vickery Village YMCA parking lot at 10 AM. Address and map below.

Forsyth County YMCA at Vickery Village
    6050 Y St Cumming, GA 30040
    Google Map

Map

Cue sheet

Long range forecast (for what it's worth) is calling for sunny skies and a high of 57.

If you are going to join us, please post up.

Clay

8. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

Bad link on the cue sheet. I'll be there, but you already said that.

9. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

care to join us on a weekly Thursday night ride in Gwinett
    Fairly good training ride 21 miles complete in 55 minutes (maybe a tad more early in the season)
    Give me a couple weeks to get warm up from hibernation

10. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Definitely interested...where and when do you guys start the ride?

11. integroid

We also have two rides that leave from Cycleworks in Duluth starting next week, 03/10/08.

The Monday night route is 20 miles and it is a slow paced recovery ride.

The Wednesday night ride is a hammerfest and is about 35 miles.

Both rides leave at 6:00 PM until May. Then they leave at 6:30.

I will be at the Monday night ride this week if anyone wants to join.

3576 Peachtree Ind. Blvd
    Duluth, GA 30096
    Phone: 770-476-4949

12. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Nice. I expect we'll see more rides posted as Daylight Savings is upon us. DST = more time to ride! Woo hoo.

13. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

Come on people, don't be scared... We will be riding sloooow. I'm way out of shape, so don't worry about speed. And don't forget to set your clocks forward Sunday Morning!

14. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

I am out of shape to for the sunday ride. LOL

I think my cycling legs are in the attic some where :)

15. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

In the attic? :rofl:

I offer my wheel for the entire ride. ;)

16. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

17. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

I don't think anyone beyond Chris, Keith and myself were riding tomorrow. Chris has dropped out. I haven't heard from Keith, yet. But if anyone else was joining us, post up...I don't want you driving out to Vickery Village for nothing.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  18. integroid

I will be riding to Stone Mountain Park and doing a few laps then coming home. Dont have time to go that far away from home tomorrow. My honey do list is getting huge!

19. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

I am planning on being up there tomorrow as well. I'll look for you! :D

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  20. integroid

Planning on being where? Stone Mountain Park?

If so, what time? Maybe we can meet up in the park or something? I was planning on leaving the house between 10-11. Hit me up if you want to meet up.

21. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Since the Vickery Ride isn't happening, I'm hitting Stone Mountain Park tomorrow. I was going to shoot to be there around 12 or so. If you leave 10-11, what time would you start riding?

22. lostinthewoods

have fun riding guys... Hopefully this will be hte last weekend my ToDo list isnt huge. I should be game for next saturday morning..

23. lostinthewoods

9am Saturday Vickery YMCA ride...

If it rains, no go

I need to get some legs under me before my new bike arrives ..... Its a........

24. integroid

Damn, my team just did 150+ miles this past weekend in the mountains up in Chattanooga. Yes, it rained on us all day Friday and Saturday. Nothing like riding in a hail storm! What's the ride for next weekend?

25. lostinthewoods

Well I will probably just be doing the vickery ride again on Saturday. Just getting my legs back.

I have 3 weeks to find some legs!

26. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

You going to keep everyone in the dark here? What ya getting?!?! :naughty:

27. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Hey guys, im doing a triathalon late June. I NEED road bike. I would love to borrow/rent a road rig from one you kind fellows. Doesnt have to be the best of the best, a lower to mid level rig is fine by me. I have been riding/racing mountain for 8+ years...so it will have full maintenance and prob return in better shape then when i received it. I fit a medium-large for the most part.

I you have something thats needs alittle tlc and your willing to sell it to me for cheap(100-200, im in college arg), that may be an option as well.

If anyone can help me out...please pm me!

Fyi: i normally ride my GT Zaskar just prepped for the street, but for the triathalon im looking to use as little energy as possible while spinning.

28. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Anybody want to get together for some mountain biking in the next few weeks?

This is my baby for now, built from the frame up over the last few months. All of these parts are about to be swapped onto an 05 SC Chameleon by the end of the month and this GT will probably be built up as a geared cross country rider.
    [​IMG]

29. integroid

I just sold my Mtn. Bike or else I would go.

30. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

I have a L.A.F. S&M frame with custom components. I also have a BA mongoose mtn bike that I got for my 13th birthday. Full suspension, custom wobble wheels, the works...

31. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Nice Clayburn I've gota 2003 Clayburn cruiser and a bunch of other stuff but typing with the broken hand is a pain