The storms, more coming...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mad Mallard, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

everyone and their ride okay? expect late saturday and sunday to get scary again...

2. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

I just got home. I work in B'head and saw them come by. It was pretty crazy. I heard about the ones in AL and they don't look to good either. I hope everyone is ok.

3. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

all is well over here..its crazy..I was at work..heard it thunder a few times but didn't realize the weather was so bad until it passed and everyone started talking about it. I hope everyone is ok as well...Did anyone get stuck in any hail? I don't think my work was hit w/ hail..will double check the car tomorrow to make sure!

4. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Yea, it didn't seem too bad driving in it to Marietta so I was surprised to see Downtown looked like the Cloverfield Monster came through when I got home.

5. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

I can't believe Atlanta was hit by a tornado.

at work (QT @ Pleasentdale), a lightning bolt struck a street light next (less than 10 feet) from our builting. All the pumps where shut down for 10 to 15 minutes, debit was down, lotto was down. The street lights where down (but not the lights for the gas pumps) and the traffic signal from 85 was blinking red/yellow. ALL Diesel fuel was down for over 3 hours at least.

It was pretty intense, when it happened it was the brightest light I ever saw and the loudest BOOM. Everybody in the store (around 30) ducked at the same time.

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Yeah it was a crazy electrical storm

7. Eco Auto Clean

yea something definitely messed up when the A Town gets hit by a tornado... But last I heard there were only minor injuries, nothing life threatening..thank goodness... My manager lives by the GA Dome..said he has no windows because of the storm....thats not a good feeling to have to come home to.

8. Mad Mallard

more lightning coming

9. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

It wasn't the storm....

something ELSE came with the storm

10. Alex

He live in a condo?

11. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

12. Eco Auto Clean

he lives in some loft places....not sure if its a condo he's renting or an actual apartment...

13. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I hope pEd's in his basement. Looks like some serious weather is heading that way.

14. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

I am sure he is, but someone should send him a text or give him a call to make sure...keith too

15. Alex

Wow...the tabernacle is fucked. So is the Olympic torch...

16. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Damn. We just had some large hail here about 2 hours or so ago... some pieces were like golf ball size.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  17. Mad Mallard

some friends reported some baseball sized for a couple minutes..

18. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

glad the storms are over.....too bad i was near the lake, and got mad hail damage on the wagon... :(

19. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

oh no!!

that sucks Mike! How bad is it?

20. Eco Auto Clean

yea I was so worries about hail today....legacy didn't get hit....hopefully we won't have any tonight either.....everoyne stay safe!

21. Demo24

Demo24 Member

I managed to see that storm from Gainesville on my way home late last night! Didn't really look too bad, but the lightening was interesting to watch. Was arching all over the inside of it!

Luckily I managed to stay right between each set of bad storms. Got some hail but the car was in the garage. Was kind of unnerving having the severe weather alarm going off all afternoon.

22. WJM

WJM Banned

NXTLVL and I drove thru the massive rain that was left over from that for about an hour from mid SC to just north of Commerce. No rain-x FTL.

Now I has rain-x.

23. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

About 5-6 on the hood, and about 10-15 little ones on the roof, one real bad one on the hood, my thumb fits in the divot :wtc::wtc::wtc:

24. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

oh no!! That sucks! :(

25. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

NO! Dude I'm so sorry. Me and my girlfriend were driving home from athens saturday and we got caught in the ridiculous hail storm. Thankfully my paint escaped unscathed though. I was real worried. We ended up parking up against a building since there wasn't any covered parking to be found in the area. It seemed to help a little.

I hope you get it fixed up, man. :wtc:

26. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

damn mike that sucks man.

27. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

I hear ya man, a nice few dings on my week old hood :eek4:. It fubared my cable modem too.

28. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

yeah it's even whose now that I've washed it, man there all over the place....makes me what to cry!!

29. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

^^Sorry to hear about that Mike.... that sucks.

There was golf ball size hail left in my yard when I got back to the house.

30. jayj713

jayj713 Member

Man that's crazy, me and my roommates left friday afternoon for Gulf Shores, AL. We got a text when we got there saying that atl was hit by a tornado and we were like they must be joking.

31. KA05STi

KA05STi Member

try the dry ice trick to get them out..

32. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

have a link to that or anything....?

33. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Sucks Bro! Sorry to hear it. At least no broken class on top of it though...:hsugh:

34. shiftynick

shiftynick Member

35. Eco Auto Clean

traffic really bad and I'm guessing its from exit closings/storm damage clean up...on the way to the office this am (1030) and traffic was backed up to cheshire bridge going 85s....just a heads up!