GFriend Needs a New CAR

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by WRXCoupe, Mar 18, 2008.

1. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

2. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

I think you'll both love something like that. That seems like an amazing price. 60K isn't that bad for mileage either.

3. WJM

WJM Banned

Be EXTREMELY careful about buying a used 2.5L turbo car with that price and mileage.

Most of them were not taken care of like they were supposed to be and are ticking time bombs waiting to chew up rod bearings and turbos.

True story....multiple times.

4. socrates42

socrates42 Member

good deal, i would jump on it

5. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

I was wonderring about that WJM. Are there some sginature signs of abuse to look out for when giving one of these a once over?

6. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

make sure the original tires ARE NOT THERE

look under the hood.. stuff shouldnt look new..

7. WJM

WJM Banned

Look at the oil fill cap. It should look like new under there. If its *SLIGHTLY* tinged, its still 'ok'. If its any kind of dark at all or any sort of build up, it was not taken care of. Walk away. Dont look back. Also check the other fluids, if they are fresh or fresh-ish, then ok. Otherwise, they'll likely be originals and old/smelly.

Ya, the original tires last 20k at most. It'll likely look like new with armorall all over it.

8. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

niice! i'd rock one of those. And its JBP :D

9. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

get her a used ebo~

i got a friend who wants to sell his 06 RS. that has 30k on the odo and it is mati... metic... ma... its clean. ok?

cleaner than my car. thats all i have to say. :p

i think he wants like 26k

10. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Her budget is focused on her home so she won't spend more than 15k. She needs a runner. She also requires a SUV/Crossover type deal. She does not want a full size SUV. She hauls furniture and gradenning supplies often. She refuses to drive an automatic(One of the reasons I love her). She doesn't like station wagons, otherwise she would already be in a WRX or Legacy, although I might be able to sell her on an outback. CR-V's are good but they are WAY overpriced and mostly auto. The RAV4 is OK but it is also overpriced. The one new car I did see that we may go test drive is the Suzuki SX4 crossover. It is slightly underpowered but may be OK with a 5sp. The price is crazy. You can get a loaded 4x2 5sp for 14k. Another reason I like the Suzuki is it is simple as hell: Inline 4 with a 5sp. Either that or a used Forester which would be my choice. My only issue is that I don't want to get her into something that has not been properly maintained or beat on. Let's face it Suby's aren't cheap cars to purchse, or to work on. Any suggestions on other vehicles based on what I described would be great. Her current vehicle is a 93 Isuzu Rodeo is an absolute disaster(unsafe), so she needs something soon. If it is used it needs to be 04 or above so she can get a decent loan for it from her credit union. If WJM or Kingrex have any cars on their lots they can vouch for defintely chime in. If anyone else knows of anyone selling a great car within the price range shoot me a PM.

Just a foot note it does not need to be a 4x4.

Thanks All

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  11. KA05STi

KA05STi Member

i'd get that!! great deal too!!

12. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I think the word you are looking for is.....meticulous

:)

13. JEFFSTI

JEFFSTI Member

Im Dign The Subaru. My Girl Cant Drive An Automatic. She Cant Keep In One Gear. Its Always Switchn Gears. Her First Car Was A 5.0 Mustang. I Talked Her Into Turbo Cars So Now She Has A 1.8t Gti.

14. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

Are You Posting From Something tHAT aUTOMATICALLY caPitalizes the firsT letteR oF eacH WORD? ;)

Anyway, for $12k I'd get a compression and leak-down done on that FXT and Go To Town. That's a smoking deal for an STi motor and shorter gearing.

Siegel

15. WJM

WJM Banned

Hots Shots.

means nothing if the oil has not been maintained.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  16. WJM

WJM Banned

Had a Legacy come in today with 46k miles. He's had us do every oil change since new and ALWAYS at the 3,000 mile mark.

This is even with the cheap-piss-dealer bulk oil.

[​IMG]

The oil cap in my wife's car looks the same at 90,000 miles. She's always had the oil changed every 3k...did it herself until we switched it to Motul. Now its changed every 5k.

If it doesnt look as clean as that...

17. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

if you type in all caps, it automatically changes it to lowercase, but capitalizes the first letter of each word

18. WJM

WJM Banned

SO THAT MEANS IF I ENABLE CAPS, LIKE I DID AT THE START OF THIS REPLY...THEN IT TURNS OUT LIKE....

That. Didnt work.

19. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

will.. your ENTIRE post has to be in all caps.

20. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

It Didnt Work Because You Quoted My Lowercase Words

21. WJM

WJM Banned

Holy Shit I'm Not Quoting Anyone Lets See If This Works!!!!!!!!!!

22. WJM

WJM Banned

It did. How aobut that.

23. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Yeah See This Works