Computer Gurus?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Deke, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Deke

Deke Active Member

So the last two days I have been completely unable to access any Georgia Tech website from the network in my apartment. I've tried both my desktop and laptop and no success. Pretty much any website that has the phrase "gatech.edu" in it won't load. I went to a computer lab on campus today and had absolutely no problems. I also talked to another friend that lives off campus (a different internet provider though) and he hasn't had any problems.

The internet at my apartment seems to be working fine in all other aspects.

Any clues what my problem may be? Is this something I should call my internet provider about? I never once had this problem until I came back from spring break on Sunday.

2. FRCFED4

FRCFED4 Member

yes i would call ur ISP and ask them if they blocked that site for any reason. usually its because of the use of bandwidth to the site and if ur entire apartment is going to that school it would get used quite often.

3. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

dns problem? try typing 130.207.244.120 into your web browser

who is your provider?

4. Deke

Deke Active Member

The typing thing you gave me just and I get a "connection has timed out."

My provider is Direct Path (used to be Pur Digital). It's not the greatest, but it's the only cable my apartment complex offers. I guess I'll give them a call tomorrow.