The Vader Wagon....

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by ScoobyMike, Aug 19, 2007.

1. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Thanks dude!!:coolugh:

2. Scotty B

Scotty B Member

finally had a chance to see the wagon at the suby challenge and it was a beast. nicely done sir!

3. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

thanks dude!!

4. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

just got bored and tryin out my shitty photoshop skills.....

And little update.....getting the SS treatment on Wed @ TopSpeed.....I'll post my numbers as soon as I get them...:eek:hnoes::sx::eek:hnoes:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  5. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Well no tune today....To my knowledge there was some kind of mix up with Cobb getting my AP to TopSpeed...and from what SS tells me the Dyno is not working correctly...something with the sensors? Anyways going try it again next monday 1/14 so hopefully they will get the dyno fixed and I'll be able to post some numbers....till next time....

6. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Mikey M...The wagon is looking hottt...It makes me miss mine even more...I am glad I have a black Forester tho...LOL

Mark

7. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Thanks bro.....

8. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Well got tuned last Monday by the SS....... Didn't go quite the way I thought it would go, I think SS will agree with me on that one...... turns out the 07 WRX has a "non motor sport ECU" We ended up not being able to run more than about 17lbs of boost....when we had it on the dyno we were running about 18lbs I believe and I was making pretty decent numbers which were 243WHP and 332WTQ. But once we got it on the road doing 3rd gear pulls and logging everything, around 18lbs it seems that the my plugs were blowing out, and we were throwing the check light for misfire on all four cylinders. So SS pulled the boost down a little and did some more pulls and it was still misfiring. After SS made some phone calls to Cobb and Doug they think it might be my plugs or I might have bad coil packs. So I pulled one of the stock plugs to see if they were gapped right which it was .30....So i went ahead and bought some NGK one step colder plugs and will be installing them this weekend to see if I can't fix this problem....wish me luck!!!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  9. JEFFSTI

JEFFSTI Member

one great looking wagon

10. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Update-

Just picked up this lil fella.....VF34

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

will be installed soon...

11. MarkM2016GTI

BTW...this may be a bit off topic, but....RoMe, how do I go about getting the pics like you have of your Suby under your sig?.

Mark

12. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

nice...congratz..shoulda got a bigger snail though :p

13. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

nah....for what i do with the car, a 34 will be plenty enough...no need for something laggy....

14. Weapon

nah..I think you're wrong :D

15. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

:hahano:

16. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

17. Weapon

I am just jealous :wtc:

18. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

why the blank face matt?
    don't cry brother we can still:ky::rofl::rofl::rofl:

19. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

that was for Kris since he's being a sour puss after selling his Subaru ;) :rofl:

20. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

you know he has dreams about the ol wrb wagon!! kris "no.no.please....come back to me"

21. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

how do you like the prosport gauges? are they noisy on startup?

22. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

The old wagon is in good hands. Just added Cobb sways.;)

The car is looking good Mike.

23. welery

welery Member

I think i saw this car at StarTime last week when I went to the Funny Farm. Looks great!

24. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

I love them....not noisy at all....
    Thanks bro....
    yeah it was me......

25. MarkM2016GTI

Damn Mikey...I was the one that you asked about the wagons....And now look what you have....a black beast...It's alive!!!...LOL...

Mark

26. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

yup, i guess i feel in love or something:keke:

27. MarkM2016GTI

What is your tint at?. It looks like 5%. I wish I could get away with that here in VA....LOL....

Mark:hs:

28. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

yeah it's straight batmobile style.....5% FTW!!!

29. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

I got bored this morning and decided to port the VF34 that i just bought.....

all in all it wasn't that hard to do, pretty straight forward...

here's a couple pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My final hole ID was 1.032". I removed .082" of material from the lip - about 2/3rds of what I could've removed. In my case, the flapper door didn't sit exactly centered on the opening - it sat a bit toward the outside (toward the pivot point) - so I concentrated more on that side of the hole.
    There is still room for improvement besides simply making the opening larger. I rounded all corners and edges inside, and removed all flow trips to make a very low resistance path for gasses to flow through the wastegate.

30. STiBottom

STiBottom Member

Nicely done man.

And on how the car looks... hot.... just need a red lip on the rims time attack style

31. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Thanks man!!!

32. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I must say u have one baaaad wagon

33. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

thanks man!! your's looks good too!!

34. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Well it's time to get the wagon tuned with the new turbo....Going up to TopSpeed today to let SS do his thing.....I'll let y'all know how it turns out...

35. adesso

adesso New Member

Awesome. Scott's work has been impeccible from what I've seen and heard. Good luck with meeting your goals!!! Post dyno plots when you get a chance! :)

36. Im curious to know how much you'll make... :D can't wait for the results.

37. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

so are you only going to be able to get 18psi out of the 34 cause of the ecu or did you get that corrected? either way i cant wait to see the numbers.

38. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Well lets see where do i start.....

First off big thanks to SS for working his magic.....

Okay so i got to TopSpeed this afternoon....SS jumped in the car started tuning, we didn't even make it off the road TopSpeed is on before we started having the same problem as before(see post 58 of my journal) again the car felt like it was blowing out the spark to the plugs....(note it was only doing this over 17psi) strange i know......anyway I had changed the plugs 2 weekend prior to installing the new turbo last weekend and the car never ran more smooth after the plugs(on the TD04), so anyway, First pull, with the "blowing out of the spark" pulled up the check engine light for Misfire on cylinder 3(next to the turbo) SO.........DR.SS thought it might be the coil pack....TopSpeed had a extra one......We pulled back into the shop, popped the hood and changed the coil pack out....jumped back into the car......First pull.......beautiful!!!! no more blowing out the spark!!! :) Thank God....

I think after that we might have done 3-4 more pulls and we were done.....Car runs so freaking smooth, and pulls like crazy, I'm so happy SS fixed the problem!!

The difference between the TD04 and the VF34 is night and day.....the boost cure is freaking sweet...with the peak at 19.6psi......2nd gear is stupid fast, and 3rd is just plan sick, it just keeps pulling...

oh, and we couldn't get on the dyno today, doug was on the dyno tuning a older gen supra with a stupid big turbo....

as for the power I'm putting down, i guess i have to wait and see on our next dyno day, but SS says it feels over 300whp......so all and all....I'm very happy!!!!

oh and Happy Birthday Scott!!

39. Hell yea! Congrats man. Now I can't wait to get my WRX tuned. :D

40. adesso

adesso New Member

Congrats!!! It's way more important to be happy with they way the car feels to you vs. seeing dyno results. As long as your happy, that's all that counts! Again, congrats!

41. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

your going to love it!!!

I know right...thanks for the congrats guys!!

42. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

glad you got the spark issue figured out mike....cant wait to check it out.

how is the spool? about like the td04 on the 2.0?

43. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

thanks bro

yeah but the boost doesn't fall off after 5k it just keep pulling

yeah 2800rpm 15psi 3200 19.6psi 7200 15psi

44. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Nice!

45. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

thanks!!

46. Cape Cod

Cape Cod Member

so uhhhhhhhh! that thing was nice and fast today at lunch. Super stronge and linear power. Feels just like Milo's car did before he got retarded and strapped the turbo from a peterbuilt to the front of his car. It makes me want one even more. I hate your car for that. Wagons suck ass until I ride in yours then they rule.

47. techlord

techlord Active Member

SS is the man. I have yet to schedule it but I plan to get tuned April 18th 93/meth DD map and a C16/meth block killer tune. lol

48. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

what turbo u running?

49. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Glad to hear everything went well! I had a great experience getting my tune done last week... It'll be interesting to see what it puts down when you get it on the dyno someday...

50. techlord

techlord Active Member

DB18G ported and clipped.