Saleen

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mad Mallard, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

I guess this could count as a sighting too, but the other night heading nb I-75 I saw a bizzare looking yellow car and a weird noise coming off it.

I cruised up to it, and it was a hatchback with a bumper lettered with 'Saleen.'

then it occured to me what this was:

[​IMG]
    N2O S121 Saleen Focus

2. KA05STi

KA05STi Member

are those supercharged and nitrous? or just nitrous..

3. Mad Mallard

i can't tell, its not on saleen's website anymore, but i do remember them selling.

4. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Yeah, that looks similar to a guy who goes to my gym.. Its yellow and has a Rousch(spell?) body kit...

5. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I don't remember if it was supercharged... but I remember the new si out performed it when it first came out so its still a fucus.

6. N2BNLOW

N2BNLOW Member

7. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

8. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

i swear i saw a yellow one getting onto I-75 around 2pm today.

9. Mad Mallard

probably the same one. He was just cruising when i saw him, but i couldn't help but think:

14.0@96.0,0-60 in 5.8
    on noz, costs $26,000

its neat, but um... not a good value? Unless you auto-x, it is only 2700lbs...

10. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Pretty similar in numbers/price to a stock WRX, so I don't see why thats a bad value (besides that its a ford).. and your right, at that weight it seems like a auto-x'ers wet dream(besides the FWD).

11. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Yuck.....i don't like it!!

12. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

i think its just silly =P

26k...lol you could get nos and a better looking body kit much cheaper for a focus...not that i condone ppl buying a focus

wish we got the focus that ford sells in the rest of the world

13. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

How would it be an autocrosser's dream. You could build up something much better for cheaper. Since it isn't a standard offered car, you couldn't use it in any normal autocross classes. Plus, NOS isn't allowed for autoX for safety reasons. So, without NOS, you are stuck to 150hp... IMO, this is just a Ford Focus SVT with a body kit, and nitrous.

I would pick the new Cobalt SS turbo-charged over this thing... almost twice the HP and TQ, and around the same cost as this thing was new.

14. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

"(besides that its a ford).. (besides the FWD)". Enough said

15. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^^ hey... I'm not saying I like it. I'm just saying it has similar numbers to other cars for the same price. I forgot to factor in that NOS was needed to achieve those numbers, so yeah it sucks.. I retract my statment.

16. heathbar

heathbar Member

You're probably paying for the warranty.

First car I've ever heard of with NOS and a 3 year warranty!!! (But, I'll keep my awd turbo, kthxbye.)

17. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

haha yea exactly, turbo>nos