Help Please: Anyone Have a Winch?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by lostinthewoods, Apr 5, 2008.

1. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

I am wondering if anyone has a Jeep (preferably) Or another vehicle that has a winch on it?

I think I just popped my Dana 35 on my jeep and I need to get it up my drive way, so I can pull the cover off and check out the damage. Problem is my drive is a little to steep to push the vehicle up!

So if you have something with a winch or large front bumper that you do not mind pushing against my jeep let me know.

I need my jeep off the road this weekend and in the garage.

Thanks guys.

2. WJM

WJM Banned

Use the STi. ;)

3. lostinthewoods

hahaha yeah right. Just dawned on me I should be able to disconnect the rear Drive shaft and go up in 4wd (front wheel drive). Now i just need the rain to stop :)

4. WJM

WJM Banned

That should work. I would not be surprised if it doesnt tho. Some of those 4WD systems dont work when they are engaged and there is zero resistance on one side and 100% resistance on the other. I've seen it happen on 80's Ford/GM designs. *shrug*

5. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I have a wench, I just call her my girlfriend though... She seems to get upset when I call her that :)

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

:rofl:

7. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

I knew a guy in high school that drove around for a month like that after he twisted the rear driveshaft on his CJ. Terrible for the truck but he needed transportation.

also:

:rofl:

8. lostinthewoods

Its in the garage. Next weekend taking the cover off the diff. See what the damage looks like.

Anyone have a spare dana 44 laying around or ford 8.8 rear end :)

9. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

I was cleaning out the garage three hours ago and found a winch cable that's been collecting dust since my off-roading days... I almost tossed it but remembered how much they cost. If you want it you can have it. PM me.

10. lostinthewoods

cool man. You have a PM.