So.. SHES DEAD!!

Discussion in 'General Community' started by truegiant, Apr 1, 2008.

1. truegiant

truegiant Member

:wtc: I dont really like flogging but at the same time i am to lazy to host some images and post them up as well.

Heres the link for the full info on the car.. but yesterday morning she caught on fire..

SHES GONE! So.. whats next? not sure yet but i am on the prowl... :squint:

:wtc:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2008
  2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

umm....wow

3. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

can someone please host the pics elsewhere? I REFUSE to sign back up at that turd of a site.

sorry for your loss. :(

4. KA05STi

KA05STi Member

wow... sorry to hear that!

5. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

Holy shit dude! It's a good thing you stopped (obviously)...that could have been way worse had you just kept driving. Sorry to hear about your baby, my friend. :( :wtc:

6. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

now that sucks

7. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

just picture a black bugeye that is burned to a crisp...

8. xxtraloud

xxtraloud Member

that stinks! any clue how it happened. who called the FF? sometimes it could be an amp

9. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

yikes!

that'll buff out...

10. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

What happened? How? Glad to hear you're covered and OK, hopefully you have enough to get into something better but still a huge bummer!

11. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

that sucks bro! sorry for the loss!

12. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

That sucks man. I wish you the best with your search.

13. FACE

FACE Active Member

so sorry to hear this happened man! Good luck with you search!

14. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Edited and added photos for you. That's terrible news! Any idea as to what the cause was?

15. Davidwrx

Davidwrx Member

I guess since it wasn't too cold the cause would not be the fuel line leak that these cars have below about 40 degrees. Mine has it, but not in warmer weather like the past week or so.

Somewhere on Nasioc, there was a link to the report Subaru did to the NTSB claim of this issue. They claimed the amount of fuel leakage was minimal and not enough to cause a fire. They even had measures of the amount. I do know that until it warms up, it smells terrible!

16. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Did you have aftermarket fuel rails? I had some Vishnus that cracked 2 fuel lines during the 3 years I've had the car, the first time fuel was almost trickling out of the passenger side rail and onto the turbo. Thankfully I never had any issues like yours and got the issue resolved immediately.

17. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Yeah that's the first thing that came to my mind. It only happens with my car at very low temps. It would however identify a weak link. Let's face it a fuel leak is a fuel leak. I just wonder if some cars since they are all individually unique are more susceptible than others, especially if you are running bigger injectors bigger fuel pump. I wonder if since there is a potential for a leak at certain temperatures an increase in psi could aggrevate the weak connection.

I hope a cause is identified. I know if my car burst into flames and burnt down to the ground, unless there was aftermarket work done, or someone had damaged the fuel system, I would be a little nervous about sticking with that brand. I am actually going to go out and get a fire extinguisher for my car this weekend. It is probably not necessary but you never know. I am upgrading injectors and fuel pump next week.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  18. Matt

dibs on wheels...

sorry, had to

19. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

damn dude.. where is the hood.. musta been a hot fire..

20. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

That SUCKS! Ok I'm getting me a fire extinguisher with me having methanol and such.

21. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

no me first....

dude, sorry about your car....

22. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

My buddy is selling his STi swapped bugeye wagon if you're interested.

23. Matt

Who posted first? :p

Mine! How sick would that look?

24. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

im sure the AL is pretty fucked from the fire..

25. bsigari62

bsigari62 Member

she was a beauty, sorry to hear about that! i know how it feels to lose your car.

26. Alex_ATL

Alex_ATL Member

shoot bro that sucks, i'm sorry to hear about the car. I just saw pics of your car for the first time recently, and thought it was pretty hot. Good luck finding something new and glad you're ok

27. truegiant

truegiant Member

sorry for not getting on... i have been working as our liason officer for all the incoming flight back from iraq for our unit and have been working 36hrs on and 8off. But anywho.. thanks for all the kind comments and concerns. I have not a clue as to what started the fire but feel if the fire department could of made it there a little quicker and extenguished the fire i could of diagnosed a little further. But i am not going to complain, i was out of the car and there was no damage done to me. I did not have any aftermarket access. on the car. The last time anything was done to the fuel related components to the car was when i had topspeed install my fuel pump and injectors. I am at no way blaming this on Topspeed; however, after i had this stuff installed i have always noticed the car smelt a little "richer". I have checked , checked, and re-checked the car in between cleanings and such to see if there was ever any wet spots under the hood and i never saw anything. Regardless of the fact, the car is no longer alive. I will be looking for something in the near future so if you come across something (doesnt have to be another suby) let me know. I will get more work from Topspeed in the near future so do not think this incident is at all related to the fine craftsman that work there. And I am going this sat. to the salvage yard that has the car to try and pull the wheels off of it. I will hold on to them for a little while incase i pick up another. anywho.. thanks again..

PS- It made me take back all those gay arse comments on the ricer fire extenguishers i made a couple years back!

28. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Actually I did call dibs first on the IA thread :wiggle:

29. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Like I said....my buddy has a 2002 WRX wagon with a full STi longblock swapped in with 18g turbo and ewg and many other goodies for sale.....$14500. He is supposed to email me tonight with details.

30. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

31. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

alex_atl is selling a maxima if you're interested

32. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

Yeah that car is very clean looking, actually. I like it a lot. Those things are surprisingly quick too. They 0wn your average honda.

33. Brian

Brian Active Member

subie flambe == teh sadness, sorry bro.

34. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

wow, I had written this off as an April fools day joke when I saw it. Sorry for your loss,

35. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

yep but your average suby. lol

36. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

:wtc:sorry for your loss.