Blood Mountain Run.......13th

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by UpSideDownDesi, Apr 2, 2008.

1. UpSideDownDesi

UpSideDownDesi Active Member

Few of my friends from IA have planned a fun run through Blood Mountain. Good/mature crowd, and nice cars. From what i know BMW's, EVO's, Z's/G's, Lotus Exige, RX-8, Suby's, and can't forget hondas lol. We are planning to ride up there. Who's down?
    PM me for Timing and other details

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  2. IA people scare me.

3. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I plan on going but if anybody starts driving like an idiot im gonna take my own route

4. UpSideDownDesi

lol idiots will be ditched and have their keys taken away. I'l be right there with you on the new route if need to take one.

5. JEFFSTI

JEFFSTI Member

I live at the base of blood mountain. i know all the good roads around here. bloob mnt. wolf pin gap rr over to helen for lunch or dinner on the river. we can all gather at the square in blairsville and head out. i see if i can get a r34 and some others to come. upside down call me and we can set it up. 706 897 0734 jeff

6. rotary_drift_dreams

rotary_drift_dreams New Member

I'm down for going but I'm new to the forum so if I could meet up with someone and roll up I will definetly go

7. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

The r34 you are talking about wouldn't happen to be Kitt Hock would it?

8. JEFFSTI

JEFFSTI Member

yeah its kitt

9. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

cool, I haven't seen him in awhile. He's got a sweet collection of cars

10. UpSideDownDesi

awesome....for ppl coming from gwinnett/rolling through....like always we'll meet up at BP of P-hill and roll out from there then catch rest of the car on they way up. Jeff i'll give you a buzz and set up a location with you.

EDIT: LOL @ ppl being scared of IA peeps...i am also on IA...it's okay to come...they won't bite lol.

11. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

I went this past weekend with some BMW people, but I was a passenger! Good times....

60-80mph is fun in a good handling car!

12. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

I don't guess I can come because I tend to drive a little extreme. Whats your idea of an Idiot? Is drifting around hairpin turns considered Iddiotic?

13. Slack

Slack I take peekture, CLEEK! Supporting Member

I know from experience that if you have a big group of cars, there's going to be some idiots. I've put together Subaru drives back in Wisconsin that had 50+ cars and we got harassed by cops because of a few people going too fast and being too loud. If you want to have a good time without any major problems, try just having small groups of 5-7 cars tops.

Mick

14. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

lol 50 is asking for trouble. We'll probably split into 2 groups of experience. Alot of people going ahve never been before so yea... I thin there is about 15 now, of course some people arent going to show up

15. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

When?

16. JEFFSTI

JEFFSTI Member

where are we meeting? what time are we starting. let me know. im in 706 897 0734 jeff

17. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

The meeting place has actually changed, we are meeting at 10 at the walmart on Windward parkway this SUNDAY. I'll have an address posted.

18. Nitro

Nitro Active Member

i'll go if someone pulls my car.........so that i can keep up:keke:

19. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

So me and Dusty go out to swap exhaust hangers this morning and he points this out to me

[​IMG]

20. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

IA PEEPZ?
    [​IMG]

21. JEFFSTI

JEFFSTI Member

is everyone coming from the blairsville side or the cleveland side? i want to meet up with everyone to ride over blood mountain. i can meet yall on the square in blairsville where i live or i can go ahead and drive over blood mnt. and meet yall at ingles grocery store in cleveland. are we just doing blood mnt or are we going over wolf pin gap and rr also. who ever is heading this crusade up please give me a call 706 897 0734. thanks jeff

22. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

We are meeting in Alpharetta. Considering Cleveland and Blairsville is completely opposite sides of the mountain, the best place for you to meet us is on the Mountain somewhere. They are also talking about doing lunch in Helen.

23. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

You should be fine.:sx:

24. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

:fawk:

I already picked up some new Falkens. $500 bucks I would have liked to spend on something else though

25. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

452's?

26. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

no i couldnt find em. Ziex's. I was actually hoping to get some rims too but thew ones I want are expensive and I can't really waity around for tires

27. Nitro

Nitro Active Member

BALLINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!! lol i keed:rofl:

28. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Shit I wish. And I quit one of my jobs last week :wtc:

29. JEFFSTI

JEFFSTI Member

i know that they are. i live in blairsville. i was wanting to meet up with yall some where maybe turners corner(its at the base of the mountain)on the cleveland side before yall head over it. if someone could call me when yall are getting close that would be awesome! or i could just drive over all day till i meet yall on the road and just do a u-turn. whatever works for you:)

30. UpSideDownDesi

there will be some guys coming from 400 and some from 985 don't really know a place where all can meet up once we get there.

-For gwinnett Guys...we are meeting up at Walmart off 985 at 10am.

-For people coming from alpharetta area....they are meeting up at Walmart off Windward Pkwy at 10am.

31. JEFFSTI

JEFFSTI Member

well me and the r34 will meet yall on the mountain. what is the route yall are taking and est. time of arrival to blood mountain? i heard someone say yall are eating lunch in helen. so i guess yall will be going over blood mnt. the taken richard russell to helen. is this correct?thanks

32. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Are you on Import Atlanta? The main thread is on there.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167884&page=5&pp=40

of course being run by IA, everyone wants to set their own time. But I think blood mountain to Richard Russel will be the route to take. Take my number cause I think Kitt lost it, 706 332 7091. And we can talk something out, if they dont get it together I may just meet up with you guys

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  33. UpSideDownDesi

i am guessing we should get there by 11:00 am if we leave at 10am. Honestly man those guys are so confused where to meet up and roll out from lol. I PMimg you my number and i think i got ur's too? I'll give you a call once we get there. Yea doing lunch in helen.

Bring 2-way if possible

34. JEFFSTI

JEFFSTI Member

lol. got the 2ways charging and thanks for sending me your number to get up with yall. i cant wait and it should be fun meeting yall. this will be my first meet with anyone from wrxatl.:wiggle:
    p.s. yall will be able to here me coming! car is pretty loud with the cut-out on it:eek3:

35. Scotty B

Scotty B Member

i went up early this morning on my own and it was gorgeous. not much traffic, only a few pedal bikers and a couple bikes riding in groups. i got up onto 19 around 11 and drove til about 12....had a great time. car was really hooking up and the engine loved the cold air. saw a bunch of elises, vettes, miatas, etc and what i guess was the IA group coming in when i was on the way out. fun times!

also whats up the guy in the white STi who passed me on 400 on the way up -- sweet car bro!

36. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I think I saw you... and that White STI was probably Deputy Greg.

Today was a perfect day to drive and the mountains were beautiful! Jeff it was nice to meet you and Kitts R34 is:jerk: your STI is a beast too. We definatley need to do another run when I finish my swap.

37. Scotty B

Scotty B Member

same here, now that i look at your sig i definitely remember those bright yellow fogs! i would have waved but i had both hands tight on the wheel with those turns :rofl:

38. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

lol, sorry, I forgot they were on, until I was behind someone with a shiny car and caught my reflection.

39. JEFFSTI

JEFFSTI Member

same here yung. had a blast! need to do this more often

40. UpSideDownDesi

yes gotta do it again...coz i missed this one :(....post pix.

41. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

i didnt take any. there are 3 on the ia thread. but there will be a vid sometime