Help me pick..

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by emstraumajunke, Apr 10, 2008.

?

Which One

1. Number 1

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  2. Number 2

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. Number 3

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  4. Number 4

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  1. So here in the next month I will be doing a lot of shooting for the MMA fights here in Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana and even traveling to Georgia. I'm also going to be shooting a Skim Board competition for an E-Magazine and theres a few big car shows coming up here soon and I will be doing a lot of shooting there as well. So I figured the best way to let people know I took pictures of there fight/car/truck or them skimming was to come up with a card. Its nothing fancy but I can't Decided on which font I like best for the middle part so I figured what better way then to get other people views on this. So let me know your favorite and what you would change if it was yours.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

I vote number 1. Numbers 2 and 3 are too ancient looking, and number 4 is too sloppy.

3. N2BNLOW

N2BNLOW Member

I like #3

4. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

#2 here

5. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

#4 has the most distinction, but you need to get the fonts to compliment and support the "logo". i'm not sure i would break up the "ivan lockert photography" on two lines. use dots in the phone number instead of dashes. maybe a thin band of color running down the left side in the same shade of blue-but ragged like the typeface.

in general:
    think some more about what your intended audience will be and how better to convey what you do within the logo itself. try different orientations of the info on the card. could make it look like an off-center photo. do something interesting, because anyone can shoot a photo with the subject "centered" and make it look "good" if you get what i mean.

that's my 5sec glance. good luck, from your friendly neighborhood art director ;)

6. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

#3 I like the weathered look

7. Deke

Deke Active Member

#4 makes me think "THIS IS SPARTA!"

I'd say try some of monk's tips. As of now I like #1 the best though.

8. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

3&4 are out I am stuck between 1&4

9. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

I like #4. And don't forget to put some killer pics on the back, or a short bio, or maybe something that makes you unique from other photogropers. It's a waste of space if you leave it blank IMO!

10. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

agreed!

11. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

I voted #4.
    And don't forget to share those pics of bloody elbows to the face!!

12. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

For Fonts Try: Bauhaus 93, Curlz MT or Palatino Linotype:naughty:

13. KA05STi

KA05STi Member

#4 Ftw

14. ridinobryan

ridinobryan Member

1 or 4. But I would like to see how you would use them on some pics. guess it would depend on the size too.

15. What do you mean?

16. AXLEJOHNSON

AXLEJOHNSON Member

I agree, number one. I think Patrick Bateman would be jealous.

17. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

um, one other thing... what else is rectangular and is something you use in your profession that would make up the shape of the card nicely?

:p

18. Well I printed all them out and I don't like any of them once there on paper I know an actual card would look different but not so much it would make that big of a difference.so back to the basic and starting from scratch on a new one.