RWD Impreza!!!

Discussion in 'General Community' started by Matt, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

2. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

hummmmm.......interesting.........

3. KA05STi

KA05STi Member

I would trade in my car for that in a heartbeat :)

4. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

"Toyobaru" is one of the coolest words ever

5. STiBottom

STiBottom Member

It is easy to make our cars RWD. Just get new diffs. Or if you have a STi just pull the parking break until the light on the dash comes on.

6. xxtraloud

xxtraloud Member

I just hope toyota is not gonna eat out subaru. I would hate to see that. but subaru engines kick ass.

7. KA05STi

KA05STi Member

seems like that would break something :eek:hnoes:

8. STiBottom

STiBottom Member

Not if you do it sparingly. Just don't drive around with it like that. It's ok to do a burn out or two to confuse people

9. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Supraru is pretty fun to say too.

10. awdlaunch132

awdlaunch132 Member

sounds cool but i don't think toyota is actually go to make a "tail happy" car. anyway sounds interesting.

11. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

ToySuby ThAT THANG IS SEXY

12. Toyota is on the other end of the spectrum when it comes to sporty.Most all of the cars feel blah on the road.quiet,mushy,slow,etc.

13. isn't that like almost 40K$ here.?That is sti territory.

14. KA05STi

KA05STi Member

heres the real question.. whos gonna sell them? Toyota or Subaru?

15. I personally think it's hideous.

[​IMG]

16. Matt

Yes. ;)

And by yes, I mean both will more than likely sell the car.

17. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

OMGWHY?

if you want a good RWD get a Z or 240.

make that little bitch AWD, it would FLY.

and since toyota and subaru are supposed to make this car, get the toyota if you want rwd and the subaru if you want awd.

18. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

If they sell a ragtop version of that to compete with the MX5 like the article said, I'm on that like stink on shit!

19. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

Yes the British pound is bout twice as much as the dollar. ( 1 pound equals bout $2)

20. Biggis

Biggis Member

Toyobaru
    Toyaru
    Subayota

don't know which I like it :dunno

21. yardhippie

yardhippie Member

Agreed. Auto manufacturers have been teaming up to produce vehicles for a long time.
    Just recently on of the really good ones was the Toyota Matrix and Pontiac Vibe. Pretty much the same car and damn near bulletproof. Not really sporty, but the GT version with AWD and a supercharger always intrigued me. yank that screw nonsense off there and drop a big 16 on that 1.8L in that little wagon AWD and dayum you gonna break some driveline parts! :eek:hnoes:

As fuel prices, emission standards, and product development costs skyrocket I think we'll see a lot more joint ventures between the strong mfgrs. It's just economics. :wavey:

22. Matt

Toyobaru FTW

23. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

Yeah but it never translates over like for pricing. It'll probably be about $22k

24. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

Don't talk to me like that, young man.

25. FACE

FACE Active Member

but I love my AWD!

26. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

27. wrxguy

wrxguy Member

it looks to much like a toyota! I rather buy a new siroco and do a r32 swap

28. Vektra

Vektra Member

29. TougeTuned

TougeTuned Banned

is it really a 86 if it doesn't have pop up headlights?

:si:

30. Vektra

Vektra Member

tell me when you get a siroco into the states, I Want to see it!

31. WJM

WJM Banned

Yup. Spool in the center, remove front drive shafts. Install needed parts to keep wheel bearings happy and trans oil in the trans.

See above.

Negative ghostrider.

Pulling the parking level up until the brake light comes on is the same as setting the DCCD to manual and 0% lockup. Meaning you will still have a 35/65 tq bias (04~05) or a 41/59 tq bias (06~08).

Now if one is fancy enough with the clutch/brake/gas pedal all at the same time one *could* in theory make a RWD burnout happen with a USDM STi. Center diff damage would be INSTANTANOUS on the 06+ diff as it has a clutch pack in it that acts as an LSD even tho the diff is not electronically activated. Damage would also be done to the 04~05 diff, but not as drastic as the 06+ diff, but it would not be happy and likely fail quickly if not as quick as the 06+ diff.

32. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

The Puerto Rico guys have been doing RWD burnouts at the drags for a while. I've seen the vids and the car launches via AWD. ??????:eek3:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uLnad5OzlzU

However those guys are freaking crazy and can afford to replace their diffs when they blow them all up. I DON'T RECOMMEND IT!

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  33. wrxguy

wrxguy Member

They wont be coming over for a few years since they don't want to take away from the sales of the GTI. Anyways the siroco is the same as the GTI since they are both built on the same platform.