in the middle of a doubt

Discussion in 'General Community' started by xxtraloud, Apr 10, 2008.

1. xxtraloud

xxtraloud Member

so I am pretty much down to two RS

1. it's a 99, converted from AT to MT. it has about 65k. I get 2 sets of tires, winter and summer. 3 sets of wheels. it's very clean, inside and out. it has minor head gasket leaks. plus a ton of extras. price 7k from private

2. it's a 2000 with 100k. it has the shittiest paint job ever, chips and bubbles everywhere in the body. the front bumper is broken, exhaust is rusty as hell, clutch has still life. no rear wing, motor seemed strong. the exhaust was leaking when I let it warm up, it wasn't oil neither gas, it didn't have smell, maybe it was water. the temp out was 38 or so. the stealership wants around 4.3k including tax and fees.
    carfax show this, is this a lemon? this was done 1 year ago, about 11k ago
    Service contract claim
    Vehicle serviced
    Gear,including plane
    Service contract claim
    Transmission serviced
    Seals/gaskets
    Gear, including plane
    Internal lubed part
    Bearing
    Fork sleeve"

I don't mind during work on both cars. I don't mind sanding and doing prep work and take it to get painted. what do you guys think? I know it's hard without looking at the cars.

2. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

Dude go with the first one. Seems like the other one would just be a mess of trouble.

3. awdlaunch132

awdlaunch132 Member

the second one sounds like a black hole of money and frustration. go with the first one.

4. xxtraloud

xxtraloud Member

you guys are prolly right. the first is 3k more but in a lot better shape. me and my stupid dreams of having a world rally blue rs :D

I wish I could buy a 22B and the hell with it :D

5. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

I would not go with either of them. The fact that the first one has snow tires and the second has rust would leave me to believe that they are both Northern cars. If you are down South atleast find an un-rusty car!!

6. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

NOOOOO!!!!!!!! I want to be the only RBP (not WRB) RS actively on here!! :rofl:

All you have to do is update the headgaskets to the nice STi ones and you're motor will be as strong as can be!

The only issue is if he wants the BEST looking Impreza, they are almost impossible to find. ESPECIALLY in the south. I know one guy in NC that has 4 of them. FOUR!

7. xxtraloud

xxtraloud Member

the car was in nebraska and california. so not that much cold. and it was garaged. not a bit of rust.

8. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

Go with First one. Sounds like you know your way around a car, so should not be too much trouble.

9. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Then 1

10. xxtraloud

xxtraloud Member

I just sent the downpayment to the guy. next week I'll be on my way to fuckin montana..ahaha..long ass trip.

11. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Congrat's that's awesome, Pic's?

12. xxtraloud

xxtraloud Member

13. Matt

damn straight!!!

looks like mine! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

Dude that thing is SEXY!! Congrats!

15. xxtraloud

xxtraloud Member

is the pic above the 555? I love that color. but in certain pics is hard to see shade differences

16. Matt

Yes, the 98 and 99 color is Rally Blue Pearl, or New 555 Blue Mica. That's the factory color. It's different from the WRB that the 02 and up WRX is.

17. xxtraloud

xxtraloud Member

18. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

19. xxtraloud

xxtraloud Member

lmao.. cm on. what could it be?

20. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Your dogs name is boomer?

21. Matt