the perfect beer?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mokinbird87, Apr 12, 2008.

1. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

what do u guys like to drink and the description of the taste? i like something with a lot of carbonation and more towards the sweet taste (open for suggestions).

so far i like (in order):
    carlsberg
    bud select
    heineken
    corona (just one bottle.. couldnt do it for all night. i think it's a good starting beer)

i`m confused on the samuel adams.. i think i like it on the days when i`m in a mood for something really dark, but it's too bitter for my taste.

i`m looking to try michelob, busch, and modelo. :naughty:

2. AXLEJOHNSON

AXLEJOHNSON Member

Did you just start drinking beer?

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

That is awesome.

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

If you really did just pick up the beer tasting abilities, there are several approaches to developing your taste buds. You will undoubtedly not like any pale ale or ipa (indian pale ale). You will probably not like anything on the dark side either.

I would say check out most of the lighter beers first but sample a couple others. Your list is primarily American made beer. Be adventurous, go to the local watering hole and pick up a 6 pack of something random and try it. You will eventually learn what you like and do not like :)

Have fun!

5. Deke

Deke Active Member

Lulz.

And good advice Lex. That's right I called you Lex.

6. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

noob

and yeah...youre what...19..20? just try whatever you can...

7. mokinbird87

yea i just started.. also i`m working at a liquer store part-time so i started to wonder a lot about how each one would taste. i`m gonna give the dogfish head a try..

i feel so dumb for making an another thread for beer cuz i didnt know what IPA was hahaha.

8. wrxin8or

yeah, well dont worry....Alex apparently didnt know what an IPA was either;)

9. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

try a lambic beer. total wine has a few

10. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Is it just me or do you guys tend to think draft beers are better than the beer in a can?

I'm a dark beer guy but occasionally I'd rather have a light beer. I tend to like light beer better in the middle of the day when it's scorching hot outside. Easier on the stomach.

11. wrxin8or

draft beer is tremendously better than can beer...the aluminum in the cans tend to add unwanted flavor to the beer, where as draft beer is more "pure"

and yeah, not much beats a cold light beer on a hot ass afternoon (we went through 2 18packs of bud light at the dyno day...in about 15 minutes...)

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I've always wondered why does kegs not have that flavor? Is it because kegs typically aren't sitting full for more than a few days if even a day :keke::ddirty:?

13. wrxin8or

food grade stainless steel, not aluminum;)

14. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

the expert has spoken:bigthumb:

15. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

And that's why he is our resident alcoholic princess.....

16. heathbar

heathbar Member

Sam Light is one of my favs.

17. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

wrong. aluminum doesn't impart any flavor on the beer. if it did, we wouldn't use it.

keg beer tastes better than canned/bottled beer because it is unpasteurized and usually fresher.

18. pankopp

pankopp Member

one of the best beers I have had in a while is the new Terrapin IBA. They haven't bottled it yet but the Mellow Mushroom in Kennesaw has it. its tasty.

19. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Thank all that is holy for the Taco Mac on Peachtree St. Now I can ride the Tech trolley there, get schwasted and ride it home again . . .

20. Deke

Deke Active Member

Oh is that open now? Fantastic. It's where Stool Pigeons used to be right? That's walking distance for me :)

21. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

you could try these too miller genuine draft, sweetwater 420, michelob is a good one too. sweet taste will put you in the area of jack dainels or mikes hard lemonade you work in a store so just about anything in that area will fit that bill no kick though and you can drink em all night.
    for me...
    Got any Asombroso or 1921 tequila at your store? being right next to Mexico in Laredo and El Paso you get REAL Mexican food and liquor at the local mom and pop's resturants.

22. awdlaunch132

awdlaunch132 Member

to chime in on some taco mac beers me and a buddy split a pitcher of rogue dead guy (pale ale) that pitcher turned into a few more and a cab ride home :) good stuff. otherwise for me newcastle is the shiz.

23. dubs04wrx

dubs04wrx Member

i havent read through this whole thread. but the first post makes me laugh.. At least go outside of our little local beer stores and drink better beer.
    I love Abita Turbo dog though!'''

watch out dont be too crazy

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  24. mokinbird87

i tried newcastle recently, and it changed my mind.. i`m not into light beer anymore haha.. newcastle was really good

25. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

NewCastle freaking rocks!

26. heathbar

heathbar Member

Walking distance for me too! Do I see a potential g2g?

Stats from their website: 140 beers on draft. 280+ in bottles. 50 HDTVs!!! Open until 2:30am.

Not only did they take over the Stool Pigeons space, they also bought the small space next to it. It's big.

27. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

get yourself a sam adams brewmaster's collection 12pk. some very good stuff there. guinness is, imho the perfect meal, err i mean beer.

28. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Guinness is my #1 beer of choice if it's available in draft. For some reason I can't stand it in a bottle or can. I'm weird.

29. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

only beer in a can worth a... is Dale's Pale Ale. it's a 12 pack in a 6-pack :naughty:
    Twain's in Dick-hater, erumm, i mean Decatur does their own beer. i hung out with the brew master one Packer's game. he had just made a R-IPA. that's not a R-Type either. he started from a nice deep red amber and then hopped it up into a INDIA Pale Ale. that was the best beer i've ever had. but, bar none, you can't have a bad IPA. plus, it's a great Micro-brew special. find a brew pub, any brew pub an have pint of their IPA. :beer:
    ok, i need a beer now...
    off to the jazz fest for the weekend, whata great place to enjoy BEER!!
    CHEERS and BOTTOMS UP!

30. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

also guinness drought has less calories than a miller lite :)

31. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

mmmmmmmm IPA

32. heathbar

heathbar Member

Holy misinformed posts batman! ;)

It has less calories than many "regular" beers, but it still has more calories and carbs than all the "light" beers.

33. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

IPA ....... the more bitter the more better

34. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

Breckinridge 471 IPA....mmmmm

35. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Me too I thought it was just me.

36. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

oops you're right. 126 calories for the draught. about the same or less than most macro lagers. dark beer != more calories is what I was getting at, I guess

37. heathbar

heathbar Member

Yeah, Guiness has less calories than you would think (and it is delicious). :)

38. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

Try the Sweet Water Blue for a sweet beer. I am a big Hefe Weissbier fan. I enjoy an unfiltered Belgian style. Magic Hat #9 is awesome. When I want to get krunked I drink some Molson XXX.

39. Deke

Deke Active Member

[​IMG]

VSL!!!!!

Haha, me and some friends each drank a can of this a couple of weekends ago. I actually threw up about 3/4 of the way through the can. Then finished of course. VSL has got to be the most hilariously wrong label of all time.

40. JEFFSTI

JEFFSTI Member

have you tried any ciders? go to toca mac and try strong bow

41. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

well, most Stouts have less alcohol than a traditional lager beer (averaging around 3%). it uses less sugar to ferment. which in turn is less calories. also, most stouts are carbonated with NOS, again it uses less sugars so less bubbles. the barley is roasted longer to get the dark color and strong flavor. like a french roast coffee.