Don't laugh, but I was thinking of getting one of these...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by totsubo, Apr 24, 2008.

1. totsubo

totsubo Member

2. pankopp

pankopp Member

yeah they have the tent that attaches to the back... I dont know if i would buy it just for that

3. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

4. totsubo

totsubo Member

I totally want to sign up on their forum!!! That Aztek is one rad hatchback!! I think everyone should sign up and show your love for that fine piece of mechanical art!! It's rad I tell you!

5. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

Rad? I would rate that as probably the ugliest thing on the road. I think you are safe sticking with your Subaru. To each their own I guess.

6. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

It's hideous. I've often wondered what drug the designers were taking when they put together that pile of vomit. It's awful.

7. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

^ they did drugs, OD'd, vomited into a pile, and then did finger drawings.

8. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

9. totsubo

totsubo Member

Every time I see one on the road I give them a wave.

10. AXLEJOHNSON

AXLEJOHNSON Member

[​IMG]
    This should be done to anyone who buys one of those awful vehicles.

11. AK_Raptor

AK_Raptor Member

lol

"world's best built anti-theft device (i.e. its looks)"

12. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

:slap:

13. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

Is no one else surprised by the fact that they have a forum dedicated to these things. WTF?

14. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

hardly anything surprises me anymore...

15. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

yea...i could totally see myself riding in this....oh and everything I just typed is absolutely false under any and every circumstance...I rocked the XB but an Aztec....No Sir..

[​IMG]

16. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

17. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

18. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

bwahahaah thats funny

19. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

Make sure you check the recall and reliability areas if you are considering.

NHTSA Recall History
    2001: Seat-latch anchor-wire diameter may be greater than 6.1 mm standard. Dealers will inspect and repair the latch anchor wires.
    2001-02: Owner's manual does not explain the meaning of the location symbols for the lower universal-anchorage system. Owners will be provided with a supplement for their owner's manual.
    2001-04: Exposure to high ambient temperatures may lead to the fracture of the fuel tank inlet check valve. A fracture may allow fuel vapors to pass through and leak. Dealers will replace the fuel tank.
    2003: Steering column-intermediate shaft could be too small, allowing the intermediate shaft to spin inside the steering column coupling, resulting in loss of steering control of the vehicle. Dealers will inspect, and replace if necessary, the steering-column intermediate shaft.
    2004: Certain vehicles may have a faulty fuel-tank and will notice an odor of gasoline. This might result in fuel leakage. Dealer will inspect the serial number on the fuel tank to see if its on the list of affected tanks.
    2004: Contamination on ignition relay contacts can cause high resistance, which could result in intermittent stalling; vehicle cannot then be restarted immediately.

2001-2005 Pontiac Aztek Reliability Trouble Spots
    Engine
    Moderate Problems An occasional problem on this vehicle is the failure of the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Programming. Problems with the PCM Programming are identified in TSB #01-06-04-018A.
    Transmission & Driveline
    Moderate Problems Occasional problems on this vehicle are failures of the Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid, the 2-3 Shift Solenoid and the Transmission Valve Body. A sticking valve in the Transmission Valve Body or a faulty solenoid can cause erratic shifting or a check engine light to come on. The Transmission Valve Body can become dirty and plugged.

Electrical problem: There was a recall (nonsafety related) to repair the global positioning system for the On-Star system. (2001)
    Fuel gauge: Water leaking onto the electrical connector below the driver's seat causes corrosion resulting in starting failures, stalling and/or malfunctioning fuel gauge. (2001-02)
    Poor transmission shift: If beverages spill into the console, the shift-indicator slide gets damaged making it difficult or impossible to shift out of park. There is an improved replacement part to fix this. (2001-02)
    Water leak: The air conditioner evaporator case may not drain properly causing water to leak into the passenger-side foot well. (2001)
    Wipers: The wiper blades strike one another near the bottom of the windshield. The right (passenger) side blade should be replaced with a shorter one. (2001)

20. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

...well I never...

21. pankopp

pankopp Member

wow thats a respectable recall list. all you need to do is photoshop a tent into the bed of the dump truck and it would be a match.

22. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

So what do you do with a car that is a total flop?

Easy, change the name and logo and then raise the price. People are stupid.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  23. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

i vote for [​IMG]

24. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

[​IMG]

With the Rally appearance package:eek4:

I heard they are faster if you drive with the tent fully installed:ddirty:

25. scooby_snacks

I heard they're faster if you drive them off the edge of a cliff. This thread should be deleted. These cars should be deleted from life.

26. scooby_snacks

If you can call them cars that is.

27. scooby_snacks

28. AK_Raptor

AK_Raptor Member

Wow those hood scoops look glued on

29. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

You forgot getting Tiger Woods to endorse it too!
    [​IMG]

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

30. Caffeinated

Caffeinated Member

Could these be cousins?

[​IMG]

31. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

32. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

33. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

[​IMG]

I'm so glad someone else saw that and lol'd.

What good is having a forum if everyone on the forum is like THAT?
    Reminds me of streetkiaz.com

34. XanRules

XanRules Active Member