Cheapest Gas Stations

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by perduevision, May 1, 2008.

1. perduevision

perduevision Member

Ok I actually saw a thread just like this from 2005 when Alex mentions getting gas for just over a buck, lol. These prices are not that good but in any event you can see what gas stations have the best prices in fuel. Now keep in mind that if you drive a high performance, tuned race car, you should be attempting to put the same gas stations gas in your car with each fill up. Why you ask? Well because of the intricate timing. A tuned vehicle is set to run based on all performance variables. Fuel also is a variable. If you planning on getting your vehicle tuned. You may even want to plan to fill up with your favorite stations gas before doing so and keeping it consistent after that. Some may even be able to hear lifters/valves ticking a bit more then usual if you consistently fill up at alternate stations. Many stations vary in the quality and octane ratings of their fuels. My personal favorite is Chevron.

BEST GAS PRICES HERE!

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  2. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

I wish I still had the email that said which gas companies buy their gas from the middle east and how much. BP got 0, so that is where I fill up.

3. jayj713

jayj713 Member

4. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

oh hell yes. thanks for the pro tip!!!

I searched google one day for "gas is fucking expensive i need it cheaper? but I got no hits. :(
    this solves my problems

thank you!!

5. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Tell your friend to keep the Z.... he has put too much into it to sell it. Help him see the light and buy a beater.

6. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

7. jayj713

jayj713 Member

lol he's trying to avoid putting more in it. he's getting a white s2k most likely.

8. perduevision

perduevision Member

Avoid putting money into a Z? Man I was looking at them before I bought my WRX. Had a tech check out one I thought I was going to purchase and the guy was like, " have the owner give you the car and $4,000 because that is what it will take to bring it up to par. I l love to drive them, love to look at them but I hate to own them." Wise words of a Nissan Technician.

9. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

just be glad you don't have 4.10 93 up there like it is some places down here. thats a cool site. here is a brand new application called where for cell phones thats free to use if you have internet on your phone and gps enabled. it has all these widgets that find your gps location and tell you stuff about the area. there is a gas one i use all the time cause im not always in areas that i know really well. plus they have an e85 finder and bio diesel finder among other things.

http://www.where.com/jin/welcome.jin

10. yardhippie

yardhippie Member

I've gotten some bad gas when shopping around for cheap gas. This was only a few months ago.
    I stick to two or three stations only. if Im travelling I still look for BP or Shell.
    I refuse to use Chevron (Venezuela).

Plus, how much would you really save if you spend 10-20 minutes driving out of the way to get gas in ATL traffic?

Now if im in midtown or Buckhead, oh, hell no! thoses fools are crazy what they charge for gas round there.

11. schneid

schneid Member

tell me about it. I live in Brookhaven (North Buckhead) and work in Atlanta. im getting reamed:eek4:

12. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

That's just it, this guy has already dumped like 15k into replacing lines, hoses, and wiring. He used a Z1 motorsports turbo rebuild kit and just recently started getting white smoke when he's boosting. Sounds like blown turbo seal to me. Sad to see that much work go into something and have it sold for well under what was put in. After he sells it he will be kicking himself for years and years to come.

AND for what he is spending on this s2000 he could easily grab a 2004-06 STi ;)

13. yardhippie

yardhippie Member

:werd:

Dood, yea. Im between 5-10 minutes to Brookhaven staion from my place. Anything past Buford is madness. I fuel up up at the BP on Buford and Shallowford a lot. Anything south of that is... well, unpleasant. :gaysex:

14. awesomekasim

awesomekasim New Member

This is true. If i get 11.5k out of my Z then i would have paid about 4k to drive it a year and a half. Its a fun car and all i just cant keep up with the maintenence. Parts are way too expensive and its just getting old. If i get a beater i will miss out about 4 years of fun driving cuz thats how long it will take for me to save enough money to completely restore the Z. If i get an s2k i'll have some fun with it in college then take on a project when i have the means. lol ill probably see you this weekend at the gas station.

And to keep this related to gas prices, the cheapest area for gas prices are just not anywhere near atlanta, roswell, alpharetta, marietta. Me and J_P have it KINDA lucky since lawrenceville is one of the cheapest in the metro atlanta area.