Any experience with Haltech?

Discussion in 'TopSpeed' started by calmnothing, May 22, 2008.

1. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

It's a E6k on a N/A 2000 RS with some minor power mods. Someone's selling it cheaper than any piggyback I've seen.

2. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Both Scott and myself both have experience with Haltech

3. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

Dan just tuned a G35 with a Supercharged Titan v8, it had a Haltech. He has done a bunch of them, I can tell you for sure that its not his favorite but he won't complain either. You aren't going to pass emissions with that though.

Matt

4. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

I don't think a Haltech is exactly "plug and play" into an RS. It's a standalone, but it would be NICE engine management for an RS...

Siegel

5. calmnothing

It's between the E6K and an Emanage Ultimate. They both would have to be wired in. The haltech I wouldn't pass inspections with and i doubt there are any maps available. The emanage seems to suit my needs now and later. I could tune for n/a now and turbo later on the same system. The haltech was just an option because someoen was selling it for $350 shipped.

6. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

The Emanage is a piggy-back, the Haltech is a standalone. Subaru's don't like piggy-backs. The Haltech is not likely to have a pre-made map, but it can certainly be tuned if it's properly installed. I would NOT suggest the Emanage.

Siegel

7. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

Ditto on the Emanage...its garbage plain and simple, sorry if that offends anyone

Matt

8. WJM

WJM Banned

It offends me that we agree on this particular subject. :rofl: :rofl:

9. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

Sorry I didn't realize this was in Topspeeds forum...my bad

10. calmnothing

Would I be able to wire it in so that I can switch between the standalone and the stock ecu? This way when emissions comes up i can just switch them out?

11. WJM

WJM Banned

but you would still need to have your stock ECU tuned well enough (if you are going turbo or whatnot) to be able to pass the monitors for the OBD2 inspection.

12. calmnothing

I figure I"ll just run an open wastegate or something and it'll be just good enough to pass. I won't be turbo for a while. I have all the parts sitting in storage , but gas prices and premium just sucks right now.

13. calmnothing

Looks like it's a no go on the haltech. It was sold. I'll be picking up an emanage ultimate from topspeed soon.