Exhaust Q

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by djdrew, Jun 11, 2008.

1. djdrew

djdrew New Member

I am trying to decide between Cobb,TurboXs, or APS turbo back exhausts. Could anyone give me some pros and cons of each? What are some other exhaust set ups anyone else might have? I'm not looking for it being too loud. Thanks

2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

the cobb is one of my favorites...and the quality is great.

one good thing about wrxatlanta, there is almost always someone around who has the exhaust you are looking at, and will let you hear it!

3. Jake

Jake Active Member

borla hush is a great setup for someone who wants power but not a whole lotta noise.

4. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

As is a Greddy Evo 2, probably quieter then an SPT at idle but will definitely growl at WOT.

Cobb I looked at, it sounds awesome but it is one of the priciest pieces. It's a great one to get if you have the money.

5. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

Find a good shop to build you a nice mandrel bent exhaust. You'll spend less and you'll be able to get exactly what you want sound and looks-wise. I got a custom cat back and it's worked out great for me so far.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  6. FRCFED4

FRCFED4 Member

i have the cobb and love it. helps keep the ricer's away since its quiet but sounds good at WOT

con: $$$$$$$$$$$

7. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I loved my APS when I had it on the car but it is also a very pricey exhaust. Are you talking about running a TXS stealth-back through a stock STI or Prodrive axle-back? That would also be a winning combo.

8. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

+1...love my Hush!!

9. djdrew

djdrew New Member

Hmmm...well I got about 1,100 saved right now for a turboback. I've read some reviews about the Turbo Xs having a CEL light come on. I've really been looking into Cobb. Where is a place that has Borla Hush?