Amnesiac's 04 JBP STi

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by amnesiac, Apr 27, 2007.

1. STiBottom

STiBottom Member

Those are the pimp shiznit

2. amnesiac

amnesiac Member

Wheels are nothing to crazy like I said. Advan RG-IIs, 18x8.5 +48s. Pretty normal stuff really, I just really like them. Working on a set of crazy wheels now.

3. amnesiac

amnesiac Member

Some quick teaser shots:

Cusco Master Cylinder Stopper
    [​IMG]

Engine Bay
    [​IMG]

C-West MAF Cover
    [​IMG]

Advans and Kics Project
    [​IMG]

Rear Shot
    [​IMG]

Front Shot
    [​IMG]

4. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

damn those wheels look good on that car.

5. amnesiac

amnesiac Member

Pics from today:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Looks great :) Makes me want to get the rainguards even more now!

8. 992.5RS

992.5RS Member

In Montgomery, eh? I have never seen you around. Awesome car!

9. amnesiac

amnesiac Member

Likewise! We need to get together ASAP, I know at least one other Subaru owner who would be in, ah Montgomery :coolugh:

10. amnesiac

amnesiac Member

Quick update on things: After swapping out the pinks / camber plates to the Cusco Zero-2Es, and finally getting those dialed in, swapping out to the amuse exhaust, swapping over to Advan RGIIs with good rubber, and daily driving the car for a few months, I am completely and unashamedly in love with the car again. Something had been lost on the way with the mods but now that everything is falling into place and some corrections have been made, its just fantastic.

Picked up some new mods for the summer, hoping to get these in a week or so when finals are over, all of which are 04 specific:
    -HKS Kansai Service Low Position Seat Rail
    -STi JDM Spec C Carpet
    -STi JDM Spec C Door Cards
    -STi JDM Spec C Front Seats
    -STi JDM Spec C Rear Seats

Also, finally parted ways with my SSR GT2s, which I had sitting around the garage. There sale was spirited by a deal on something I never thought I would find, and thus they are already roughly replaced. Expect good things of the JDM 17x8.5 variety. And no 225s this time around.

:)

11. bsigari62

bsigari62 Member

beautiful car!

12. amnesiac

amnesiac Member

Thank you!

13. amnesiac

amnesiac Member

So I took today and worked on the car, got the interior and the E-Con installed finally.

My stockage:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Getting started:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Getting the E-Con positioned:

[​IMG]

Making the wiring lay neat:

[​IMG]

Tools to make your life easier:

[​IMG]

General idea for positioning the unit inside the center console:

[​IMG]

Getting him all happy in there:

[​IMG]

Light at the end of the tunnel:

[​IMG]

Finished!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The install took the day, from about 8-5, not hurrying and moving a peice of furniture to take a break from the car. The E-Con was the hardest part by far, I would say 3-4 hours for an interior swap taking time to make sure all the clips come out okay. The drivers seat position doesn't suck anymore, it's dropt about an inch and a half. The seats themselves are so much more supportive than the stock ones, I really didn't believe it until I experienced it. The JDM seats are a great move for anybody small enough to be uncomfortable in the US versions but still wanting to retain comfort for you passangers and ease of entering or exiting the car.

14. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

I can't believe that your car keeps getting better and better looking.

You thought about picking up the '04 alcantara-wrapped steering wheel Alex is selling??

15. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Sweeeeeet!

16. amnesiac

amnesiac Member

Thank you guys for all of your compliments. I'm so excited to see the car come together, and progress this far. I am more than interested in that steering wheel, just a matter of time.

Quick update on things:

Been giving the car a good scrubbing, claying, detailing, etc for its upcoming shoot. As soon as the pics are done and processed they will certainly be "posted up."

Also, new wheesl arrive on the 19th.

Best of all, getting married in six weeks. Im all :D

17. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

everybody is getting married, it's the new thing to do ...

18. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

what wheels are you getting now? Are those going to be up for sale?

I <3 your car...makes me miss my jbp

19. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

he's probably getting a 05 wheel and wrapped in alcantara to complete the black inteior lol, that's how JDM ballers roll

20. amnesiac

amnesiac Member

Thank you! If there is any interest in the wheels I could sell them, but honestly I picked up the new ones for so cheap I have no real intentions to get rid of the RG-IIs. As for what they are, pics will be up tomorrow.

21. amnesiac

amnesiac Member

That's a killer idea man, need to talk to Alex now.

22. ThaABomb

ThaABomb Member

Sweet car! The snow pics are awesome!

23. amnesiac

amnesiac Member

Thank you! When it snows in montgomery alabama, I figured I should hurry and get pics.

Finished detailing the car I'm happy with it:

[​IMG]

Also, got around to performing the JDM trunk de-badge:

[​IMG]

And recieved the new shoes from ups, kind of a give away but I'll put a teaser up for the morning:

[​IMG]

24. amnesiac

amnesiac Member

Pics from the shoot yesterday, weather was dicey to say the least. Nick managed to get some great pics of the car though, a big thanks to him and a shout out for 2amracing.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

sexy dude, black really is the best color!!

26. amnesiac

amnesiac Member

Of course black is the best color!

And some more. Photos of the bay and interior didn't turn out as well as we had hoped, but that just means we should take more pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. bsigari62

bsigari62 Member

damn i love your car!

28. amnesiac

amnesiac Member

So I've wanted to add a touch of "classic" JDM appeal to the car for awhile, and I was finally able to move on one of two parts I had in mind. I picked up a set of almost new Advan RGs in the sexy 17x8.5 +43 fitment, and cleaned them up today. Still not mounted but man they are just gorgeous in person. I was reluctant with the silver but I figured it would be nice to alternate with my gold RG-IIs and the wheels are so hard to get in this fitment anyway. Oh and having a set of five didn't hurt the deal. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

nice, what a baller

30. Scotty B

Scotty B Member

looks fantastic in every way, keep it up!

i love some of the subtle details, they really round it out.

31. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Beautiful car man.

32. amnesiac

amnesiac Member

Updates are few but good, got in a set of RT-615s for the RGs, sized 255/40/17, and had them mounted and balanced today. Took some bad point and shoot pics to show them off on the car until I can get better photos done. At this point I am really liking the og-versions of advans rgs, and enjoying the change to silver.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RG-IIs with good fitment

[​IMG]

Compared to RG with great fitment

[​IMG]

First wheel on

[​IMG]

Shot before it was dark out

[​IMG]

33. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

I've always enjoyed the OG advans, but i think the rgiis suited your car better. Still looks great though man!

34. Alex

Looks great!

35. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Sniff sniff I want some Advans....car looks killer!

36. amnesiac

amnesiac Member

I love the og models, IMHO they look fantastic on the MY04 but they are much harder to shoot and have them really come out as well as they do in person.
    Thank you!
    Thanks!

37. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

I guess that means you'll just have to bring her to an ATL meet soon!:naughty:

38. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

255 eh? Have you rolled your fenders any? I figured a 255 would be rubbing on an 04...

Looking good man, oh and og rg's ftw.

39. amnesiac

amnesiac Member

Hey man how on earth have you been doing, you still enjoying the wagon?

And no I have not rolled the fenders yet, but I am running -1.3ish all around, it keeps it off of them unless its just some absurd hole in the ground that for some reason you can't miss. Any idea where i can get my hands on a fender roller down here?

40. amnesiac

amnesiac Member

Haven't done much with the car aside from giving it a good wash and wax now and then, but I thought I would post up my other JDM project. My dad and I found this bike on the street being thrown out and it was in decent condition so we picked it up. After about 10 hours of being cleaned, polished, and repaired it rides and works perfectly. The guy had picked it up when he was stationed in Japan in 1955, and Skyway went out of business in the 60s, not too bad for a 53 year old bike. And yep the headlights and generator work fine. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

41. Alex

Wowza, nice!

42. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

I am sold on those! Real Nice!

43. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

Awesome car!

44. amnesiac

amnesiac Member

Quality shot with the silver advan rgs on.

[​IMG]

45. 2thAche

2thAche Member

Your car looks great.

I have to LOL when I see fast cars in such perfect outer condition. Mine has a million chips on the hood, windshield, and front roofline from the mountains, the track etc. The lower lip of my car is like sandpaper.

I get depressed when I clean mine. But it looks great at dusk :D

46. amnesiac

amnesiac Member

I'm right there with you, I've been daily driving her for a bit now and she has racked up her share of scuffs and paint chips. Doesn't bother me all that much though, and low light with a good camera still looks like money ;)

47. amnesiac

amnesiac Member

Now that things have settled down from the crazyness of preparing to get married into the crazyness of being married and working and being school, I've realized that my effort and approach to the car has been largely half-assed and less than what I had wanted. At this point my work to the car has not been extensive, nor have my mistakes, but I have realized some flaws in my efforts, some great moves, and some that still must be made. From here on out I intend to build a much more serious car; more balanced and more thoughtful. I'm looking to several cars of old I felt where perfect or very close and diving further into the attitudes and ideologies found inside of Japan and perfected by my neccisity for a dual purpose car. I hope that my focus will be more evident as I continue building the car, and that it will distinguish itself through near sleepless attention to detail and lack of unnecessary modification. That being said, I finished stage one of my plans today, which simply consist of the return of Chargespeed lip and return to the stock spoiler. Its the little things that count, and there are many little things.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

48. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

looks great, now get a set of wrx sideskirts to match that expensive front lip :)

49. flat4ever666

flat4ever666 Member

ARC goodies...are the bees knees

50. amnesiac

amnesiac Member

I was at work the other day about to suffer through a meeting on holiday promotions when I met a guy named Raymond. He asked if the STi was mine then if he could shoot it out in the lot, the car was dirty as hell and it had been storming but the pics came out very nice. Talked to him a bit more and it turns out he's a mechanical engineering student with a passion for his photography habit and an all around cool car guy. More of his stuff can be found at optikal : blitz. On to the pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think he managed to capture an awesome feel for the car, its nice to have a good high quality shoot in its primary mode, the daily driver.