What Do Yall Think?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by JEFFSTI, Jun 20, 2008.

1. JEFFSTI

JEFFSTI Member

so my girlfriend is wanting to get a new car. she likes the new mercedes c63amg. it has a 6.2 litter v8. 451 hp and 443 torq. its 3800 lbs and has a 0-62 in just 4.5 sec. just wanting to know yalls input on this. thanks:)

2. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

if youve got the cash, its a great car. Though test drive an m3, i know we test drove both and went for the 3. No Contest.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  3. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

In my opinion (and that price range) I would rather have an RS4 or an M3 over the merc

check out the topgear test they did with those three cars;)

4. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Didnt they say.. that the c63 and the rs4 were copies.. good copies but copies none the less or something

5. JEFFSTI

JEFFSTI Member

i know i like the m3 better. its bmw come on! but she thinks everyone already has one and no one has the benz.thats why she likes it more.

6. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Everyone has an m3?

last i heard there were less than 400 in the state.

7. JEFFSTI

JEFFSTI Member

well you see more of them than the benz. come to blairsville on any given weekend and you will see a few for sure on the mnt. no benz though.

8. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

there is a reason for that.

M3= better car for the money

the c63 has too much power for the car. Just drive it.. and then the m3.. you'll see exactly what im talking about.

9. JEFFSTI

JEFFSTI Member

too much power? whats that mean? thats like saying i had too much fun or i have too much money? lol
    i will take your advice for sure though and test drive both of them. i think the bmw is a more reliable car anyways.

10. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

No, its got too much power for the car it self.

When we were going for the m3 we spent right around 3 weeks test driving the m3, 63, and a used e55.

M3 blew the benz right out of the water...

11. JEFFSTI

JEFFSTI Member

well thats good news. i like to hear everyones experiences on this because its a good chunk of change

12. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

traditionally it's been my experience BMW was for drivers and the Benz was for those who just had the money.

13. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Exhibit A: Lindsey Lohan SL65 AMG

[​IMG]

Exhibit B: Paris Hilton SLR

[​IMG]

Exhibit C: Xzibit (the irony!!!)

[​IMG]

Seriously though, I don't think you will be unhappy with whatever you buy.

14. JEFFSTI

JEFFSTI Member

man that slr is tight! how much are they?

15. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

All these cars are similar, and it's almost like splittin' hairs. I like the MB, but have not driven any of them. I have a friend from Italy that has crazy amounts of money and has had quite a few cars. His current fleet in Atlanta is all MB. I know he has at least one back in Steamboat CO too. He raced road cars back in the day, very cool guy to talk with. He has just become such a diehard with mercedes in the past few year. But it would be hard to go wrong with any of those. Maybe check out the resale on those so see how they hold their value.

16. JEFFSTI

JEFFSTI Member

i like the m3 personally but its her money so its really up to her. shes going to be the Dr. not me. ill see if i can talk her into it.if it was my money id go with the new skyline. but she wants something with class i guess.

17. techlord

techlord Active Member

My father-in-law has had several benz and all are in the shop all the time. The most recent is the S600, what a POS, in the shop more than on the road.

18. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Thats actually with most german cars.