it followed me home!!! (now garage is full!)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by TougeTuned, Jun 20, 2008.

1. TougeTuned

TougeTuned Banned

was browsing the S0G site and saw that gary traded it in so I HAD to have it...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

allegedly this thing was the fastest stock turbo STI at one point.. the old dyno sheet that came with it states 353hp and 423 ft-lbs but its going to BG monday for a updated dyno run :bigthumb: Now if i can get gary to get me the complete list of mods on this thing that would be great.. I am not sure if i like the hood. i know its functional to a point because the methyl tank is under the hood but ehh..little too paul walker for me.

upgrades that i know of:

perrin fuel rails and cai

whinebro..err...walbro 255 fuel pump

Turbo XS bov (which REALLY pisses people off in the next lane)

Upgraded injectors (as for what i dont know)

SMC meth kit (kicks in at 15 psi)

automated ic sprayer (kicks in at 12 psi)

Big ass turboXS TMIC

Incredibly loud turboback exhaust (he told me the name but its a brand ive never heard of before)

ECUtek Done by SS

Konig(?) with the ground clearance of about a hair

SSR wheels

2. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

DAMN! If I had known this would be for sale, I would have waited on purchasing my car. Lucky you, nice ride!

3. TougeTuned

TougeTuned Banned

Thanks!!! only downside is it draws attention from teh men in uniform even when obeying the law :squint:

4. Kris

Kris Member

They're just jealous. Congrats!

5. TougeTuned

TougeTuned Banned

heh thanks. i only mentioned it because ive already be stopped about the exhaust and a few other things

6. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Did you get rid of your black 06 for this?

7. TougeTuned

TougeTuned Banned

yeah.. but this is more what i wanted/ needed as i was not a big fan of the "panda face" anyways and i got a 99 2.5rs as a dd that John at SoG is working on for me. so i have this for play and a daily driver that if highway 400 eats in not as pissed.

8. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Damn baller.

Lol at "panda face," I've heard eagle eye and pig nose but never a panda.

9. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

dang dude!!!

what did Gary trade that in for?!

I demand pics of the 99 RS as well! ;)

10. TougeTuned

TougeTuned Banned

he traded in it for a jeep wrangler...uploading picks right now

11. TougeTuned

TougeTuned Banned

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this thing is getting new seals, water pump, plugs and rear output shaft bearing. gonna lose the racing flag vinyl though

12. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

i love garys car! can't believe he traded it in! Mind if i ask what you got it for?

13. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

:eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3:

14. TougeTuned

TougeTuned Banned

well i know blue book for a stock sti with these miles is around 21k. i will have to look at the paperwork again but i got it for about 24k otd but i got multishield and the service plan for 2 years 24k (i know how much of a pain in the as the 04's can be!) but really i dont feel i got a bad deal because there is ALOT of money in mods in this car.

not to mention the clutch needed to be replaced, however the morning i came to pick it up.. the pressure plate wouldnt disengage. so since i test drove a car that ran fine they had to sell me a car that ran fine.. the end result? new clutch pressure plate and throw-out bearing and flywheel. And they had to pick up the tab, so needless to say they didnt make much off me..

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  15. FACE

FACE Active Member

Congrats man...I bet it beat you home while you followed LOL

16. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Very nice ride!

"
    "

If you're talking about the suspension Koni yellow probably.

17. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Lovin the wheels, the lip, and the white letters on the front... I'd paint the hood WRB and put an STI wing back on but thats just me... Nice power too, must be a blast to drive!

18. Jake

Jake Active Member

What do you mean record "stock sti"? You mean vf39? I know someone who had the record for stock block and an fp red. 507whp. Just curious. Anyways, nice pick up man. Enjoy the new car!

19. WJM

WJM Banned

Dont wreck that one....Between me, Scott Sanders (NXTLVL) and Gary, we've put too much work into to see it side swiped by some loser...

aka

KEEP IT IN THE GARAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and that RS will be a good one...I've worked on that one as well. Its seen the REAL Autobahn.

20. TougeTuned

TougeTuned Banned

im told it has adjustable shocks on it as well and its nice. as for the "fastest stock turbo claim" i didnt buy into it 100% but it very well could have been at some point

21. WJM

WJM Banned

It *was* the first "very powerful" VF39 STi w/TMIC and meth injection.

Last time i saw the car (8 months ago) it had the JIC coilovers on it.

They seriously need to be pulled off the car and replaced with something else OR rebuilt to real specifications...aka digressive valving with extra special rebound.

Otherwise the car is solid...the last time I saw it.

That RS had KYB AGX shocks on it last time I saw it...9 months ago.

22. TougeTuned

TougeTuned Banned

you up for it then will? :)

23. WJM

WJM Banned

I'm like...far. But it might be easier and arguably a little more expensive to just buy the off the shelf Megan street coilovers for 02~07 WRX (including 2004 STi).

Then sell the JIC's for a few hundred and call it a day.

The last time I checked on JIC rebuilds, it wasnt that great. Of course, that was over a year ago, thing may have changed.

24. TougeTuned

TougeTuned Banned

really since its not going to see much street i want the best possible for track use etc etc

25. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

who is this gary you speak of... ?
    someone famous?

26. TougeTuned

TougeTuned Banned

one of the salesmen from SoG who has been on the subaru scene for a while

27. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

oh cool.

yay my 900th post. :)

28. TougeTuned

TougeTuned Banned

now the real question is.. what.. if anything else.. should be done to this car?

29. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

be the first to have 4g63 into teh suby. :)

30. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

:slap:

no one wants an inferior motor in their STi ;)

:p

31. TougeTuned

TougeTuned Banned

+! had a 1.5 gen dsm for years. it was quick...when it ran...when coil packs didnt fail..when injectors didn't stick wide open. when it didnt jump timing...ya know general :pssh: tomfoolery. i like mitsu awd though, even though i have had to rebuild theyre viscous transfer cases which honestly...is a pain in the ass...

but other than that im still a mitsu fan

(flees)

32. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

You forgot that it has angel eyes :) Let me know if you want them reattached :D

Congratulations.

33. TougeTuned

TougeTuned Banned

thanks and i do want them reattached :)

34. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

Go to a trunk mounted meth kit and have it tuned again. Gary had asked me to keep the boost low on his last tune to save the dieing clutch....

Getting the CO's rebuilt would probably be a good idea. That was one seriously fast car, it was the only STi I ever drove that hit the rev limiter in 4th before track-out of the kink at Tally with the old configuration.

Siegel

35. TougeTuned

TougeTuned Banned

ill do it. i was told to use the water tank out of a spec b? how many hours would you need with it? im sure it will be worth the cost no matter what :)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  36. siegelracing

We can order you the Spec C tank, it's 12 liters or so. Probably an hour and a half or so should do it.

Siegel

37. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Congrats on the new car dude.

38. siegelracing

I thought you were bringing it to me....

Siegel