SOG just lost my business

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by simplespirit, Jun 19, 2008.

1. simplespirit

simplespirit Member

SOG currently has an 07 Forester Sports XT 4EAT on the lot listed at ~$24k so I figured I'd see what I could get for my FSXT which is identical other than color and mine has slightly lower miles. They tried to offer me $14k which is $4k less than what my bank says the value is. Both the dealership and bank use the NADA wholesale value so those numbers should be the same or very close at worst, not a 4k difference. I'm a little disappointed since I've been a loyal customer for over 2 years now but I will no longer be taking my Subaru to them for service or buying parts from them due to a shady sales department.

2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Join the club....

3. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

I haven't gone to SOG since Will left. Classic is where I go.

4. techlord

techlord Active Member

SOG is dead to me, if it was not for EXTRA S, I would never see them again. now we just gotta get Neil, bob, and jonathan to GTFO of there.

Imagine all of them and the KING go to the Barrett store when they open. Dreams sometimes do come true.

5. longfury

longfury Active Member

Yeah, I have emailed them for prices on cars and was appalled at how much higher they were than Classic and Troncalli.

6. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Don't forget Lisa. She's awesome!!

SoG has ALWAYS lowballed on incoming cars. Except one time. I'm not quite sure what that was about, but everytime I've heard of someone trying to trade in a car, they lowballed them.

Maybe they did it intentionally, knowing that you were doing it for the hell of it and not really serious. Unless you were. Did you tell them you were just interested in seeing what they would give you, or did you say you were interested in upgrading to an 08 model?

7. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

is your forest part of Subaru's guaranteed trade-in program?? I know Impreza is..

8. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

after wasting about 45 minutes of my time SoG offered me $8000 trade in on my 03 wrx. that same day I went to a Dodge dealership and was offered $12,500 trade in.

9. simplespirit

simplespirit Member

I don't think 07s are on the guaranteed program yet. Last I read it was only 06 and prior but I haven't checked recently.

I'm probably going to go with something other than a Subaru now anyway. I love my XT but gas prices are only going to keep getting higher for at least the next year or two and I don't need the AWD enough for it be a fair trade-off.

10. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

^ yes they are, i just got a letter from sog about my 07

11. techlord

techlord Active Member

Lisa is a nice lady but not worthy of a mention, when I spend 5K+ in a joint and they will not budge the price on CF scoop (she says 385 i offered 285 cash even knowing I could get it on ebay for 118 answer is no). FU have a nice day. SOG down the tube I hope that place goes out of business.

12. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

ever since one of the techs asked me if my car was the turboed model at SOG...well needless to say CLASSIC FTW!!! neil and jill are both awesome but no where near enough to keep me going to SOG

13. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

I have never had a problem with SOG Service Department. I have never bought or sold a car from any stealership though, so I have I can't comment on the sales side of things.

14. FACE

FACE Active Member

King FTMFW!!!!!!!! :bowdown:

Classic for the time being ;)

15. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

that's cuz you suck and she doesn't like you!!

:p

16. WJM

WJM Banned

I cannot post enough roflz.

17. totsubo

totsubo Member

I have not traded in a car in a long time. I do not think it is worth losing that much money. It is best to sell it yourself. May take time, but imagine how much time you spend at work over a typical 21 work month. How much money do you make? Imagine that same amount of money lost because you did not spend just a few days trying to sell you car yourself.

18. simplespirit

simplespirit Member

I'd have to refinance my vehicle with a local bank before I could reasonably take on a private sale. Chase doesn't have a local branch which means it would take a week or more to get the title after paying off the loan.

19. totsubo

totsubo Member

I have sold my old vehicle when I did not have the title in hand. The banks will send the title to the new bank... however, some banks will require title in hand. Still not worth losing even $1000 over it. My last car sold for $14,000 (my asking price) in two weeks. That was in March. Trade in was $9000. There was no way in the world I would lose $5000. At the time it was still worth $16,000 on KBB (MSRP) and $14,500 as a trade in on KBB and Edmunds. They still list on craigslist and trader for $13,000 even with this messed up gas prices. If I did not get $14000 I would have simply kept the car.

20. wrxin8or

come on will...give it a try;)

21. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

...*wonders how well the stockpiling of 07 STis worked out for sog*... ;)

22. simplespirit

simplespirit Member

So I just got an another email from SOG. They said they meant to say $17k and must've been juggling too many things and saying 14k was an accident.

23. wrxin8or

Oh, and BTW...SoG and SoA do monitor these boards;)

24. longfury

longfury Active Member

That's true. There is very little they can do to make me change my opinion. I hope that for the sake of future potential customers they become a better dealer.

25. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Classic gave my 18,500 for my bugeye.... I was expecting 16k or so... I think I did well. I l've had great experiences with their sales team both for the bugeye and the STI.. unfortunately, unless Subaru makes a another STI thats not hatch, my next car will not be a Subaru... Can't really vouch for any service department, I change my own oil and my cars haven't needed repairs..

26. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

SoA doesn't give two craps about the boards...

I hope everyone cool goes to the new Kennesaw dealer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Including you Will. I already said you can live in my garage! I'm only 4 miles away! You could walk to work... :)

27. WJM

WJM Banned

Yep.

On the contrary. I usually get a phone call or two sometimes three per month over something 'controversial' that i post here or on nasioc.

Its VERY annoying. :squint:

28. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

well if SOG monitors...guess ill just keep going to classic for everything...lol..kingwrx ftw! can't stress it enough

29. longfury

longfury Active Member

If they do listen to the boards then the STI and WRX will be getting some MAJOR revisions in the 2009 or 2010 model years. The STI I feel is good but too expensive and the WRX feels like a 2.5i with more power. We may not see a STI sedan but a WRX worthy of the WRX title would be nice.

Not going to stop me from buying something non-Subaru though. They would have to almost give me a car to get me to take one at this point.

As for SoG, it went to crap years ago. Service was good till Will left. Its amazing how far SoG has fallen since I bought a 2004 WRX from them in Nov. of 2003.

30. WJM

WJM Banned

Dont get me started on FHI/SOA and how they respond to what the public and their dealers think of the vehicles that are produced...

31. WJM

WJM Banned

Oh, if FHI listened to the public of the USA, we'd still have the 2 door, sedan and wagon from the G10 chassis. (1992~2000 Impreza GC/GF/GM)

32. To let everyone else know, SOG F$%k me over hard, bought my WRX from them about 2 months ago, and I am still battling them. Originally I bought my car for 15K, it was used with 42K on it. Had some buddies check it out who knew a think or two about subies (considering this would be my first) It came with HKS exhaust and Perrin up and down pipe, and Eibach springs. I was still skeptical with the car having that many miles, so they siad they would throw in a 40K extended warranty on top of it, NO CHARGE.

I will admit, I am not the best with financial stuff, and honestly didnt know about all that shit i was signing. I just care about my monthly payments. I had 2K roll over from my trade in, my interest rate was ok 7.99, but some how my total amount financed was 28K, (thats after interest) WTF!!!!!

I was at the point I told them to take it back, and give me my old car back. They told me if I came back with the car, it would be a voluntary repo. I wont slander names on the board, but if you wanna know who to stay away from at SOG, IM me ill tell you. They are SNAKES there. Its taken me 2 months, and 4 trips up there to sort it all out. They ended up tring to charge me for the warranty, and about 3K in fees. WTF. I was pissed. Enough said I got the total amount down to 21K and, $800.00 check, and a "FREE" warranty on it.

I had to go to the regional manager, and file a complaint with Corp. So yeah, I feel your pain.

33. longfury

longfury Active Member

Like I said, its sad how far they have fallen.

Whoever took over the dealership after the previous owner, has taken the best dealer in town and made the one of the worst.

34. Agreed, I do however really look forward to the Kennesaw location opening, I didnt know about that till now. It would be really cool, if those I do like at SOG would move there. I think if a few people mentioned before move there, the rest of them will follow. More motivation to them considering it.

I just hope they make the hiring process a little stricter. Keep a watchful eye on the publics few.

35. longfury

longfury Active Member

Troncalli will be managing the Kennesaw store and in my experience they have been very good.

36. Good deal, I love your profile picture, the dude from Top Gear. That episode was funny as hell.

37. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

I got my Forester from Troncalli. They were great. Ever since my second oil change I've dealt with SOG, though. I usually stick with Neal or Jill for my service and everything works out. Neal has been awesome about answering any question I had. Anytime I call I ask for him. I've never really had a problem with SOG, and they've always taken care of me, it seems. I heard Neal talk about possibly moving to the Barrett location...as he agrees that it's really not the same over there. I've probably just had good experiences because I just always deal with the same people.

38. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

I think I've posted this before, but when my family was looking at buying a new car, we would bring in the internet advertisements. We'd negotiate down to, let's say (arbitrarily) $25k. A particular salesperson would say that that was the lowest he could go, no ifs ands or buts.
    We would then show him the internet advertisement for $23k.
    He'd sort of stumble around with it. Like "well...uh...hmm...yeah...about that." Then disappear for about 15 minutes so he could "talk to a manager" about the amount of leeway he may or may not have had.
    Mind you, we didn't try the "GOTCHA" techniques like this until after our first trip home to look at the ads online.
    I mean, really? He wanted me to fork out $16k for a completely stock bugeye wagon with almost 100k miles on it. "Lowest I can go, and I could even get in trouble for letting it go for that much."
    I mean, really?
    Fucking shady as hell.

When my car was sold to its previous owner it was sold for $2900. With a nearly-dead transmission, which they didn't tell him about at the time and is not indicated on any of his paperwork. Will told me he personally looked at this car and told them the transmission was crap. The sales department just didn't listen.
    And, in an odd turn of events, I later found that Slowsoul had signed some stuff saying he'd be right back for the car, and when he returned 20 minutes later with his checkbook, it was being driven off the lot.
    Both incidents are, also, pretty fucking shady.

I took the SoG license plate frame and decals off my car as soon as I got it. I'll be damned if I send any business their way.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  39. aneel

aneel Member

SOG ripped me off as well... i test drove my car to be before i bought it and it made a lot of thumping noises... i asked the sales person(Gary) and he told me that thats how all subarus are... i did some research on iwsti.com and i read that subarus do make a lot of wierd noises.. so i did some negotiating and i purchased the 06' STi.. a few months later my friend with an STi drove my car and hes like what the hell is that noise(the same noise me and Gary heard on the test drive).... so we lifted the car and found out it had a broken mount... i went back to the dealership at this time it had been about 2 months after i purchased the car... they argued with me and and told me i had un even wear on my tires and accused me of beating my car... they didnt fix it! i called subarus home office and they reimbursed me the $300 for the authentic subaru mounts i bought online which i installed myself..

im glad to hear that SOG does have ppl on here reading these messages

aneeL

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2008
  40. What a coincidence, Gary sold me my car too. Yeah, they are all jackals, except for a few others there good guys. Corp really needs to shut that place down, or at least restructure the employees.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2008
  41. longfury

longfury Active Member

If SOA gets enough complaints they will get a wrist slap from them and say to get their customer ratings up.

42. aneel

aneel Member

its really sad.. glad to see im not the only one thats had problems.. we should all go up there one day with a shit load of problems lol

aneeL

43. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

I may be the minority here, but I love Jill and everything SoG has done for me. I bought my car at Troncalli, but I've done all my scheduled maintenance through SoG. When my clutch mysteriously went out at 15k miles, they auto towed to Royal...those guys royally sucked. I got it transfered to SoG where Jill gave me both her personal cell and home phone so I could check in on it. I'm only 24, but SoG (unlike classic) immediately gave me a rental and warrantied everything on my car. They couldn't pinpoint the problem, so they just replaced everything from the flywheel to first gear, all warrantied!

I'm a loyal fan of the service dept (can't speak for the sales dept) and will always continue to take my car there.

Sorry some of you have had some bad / shady experiences, but they've done nothing but go over the top for me.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
  44. techlord

techlord Active Member

Oh forgot about Jill, she is great! But unless you watched what you described I find it hard to believe they replaced FW-1st gear. I mean if a gear was broken it would be OBVIOUS, I know from experience. Quite a few liars there as well.
    Now if this is since the crew left, Steve, Will, & SS, I can understand. As I have not been there. But as stated elsewhere I hope Bob, Jonathan, Neil, and Jill move to Kenessaw.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  45. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

I bet the car you bought was $2,500 higher

46. WJM

WJM Banned

you mean $4,500 higher...

47. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

nope got a minivan for right under the recommended sale value :) Thanks Joe!

48. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I got a decent deal when I did my trade in in 05 for my old wagon. I used the Guaranteed Trade-In program and Neal hooked me up.

Mark

49. WJM

WJM Banned

With the GTP, there's really no way to get screwed unless they raise the price of the new one you are buying.

50. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

Does the GTP only apply if you purchase your car new from Subaru, or will it apply to used cars purchased from Subaru too? Just wondering for the future.

For what it's worth, I felt pretty good about my purchase from SOG. I got about 2k more for my SRT4 than suggested trade in with perfect condition, and an ok price on the car I purchased. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the fact that the internet price they "don't negotiate." I've only been back for one service, and didn't have a problem.
    More recently SOG sent me a "coupon" for my 15,000 mile service for $199.99 I called classic and set an apointment with KING and it should be at least half that. Although I'm not sure what the 15,000 mile service entails, I'm getting it anyway. I'm just glad to know the person working on my car isn't the FNG, and cares about my car as much as me.