Anyone know how to fix projection tv's

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ShaneSTI, Jul 13, 2008.

1. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

So I have a 42" JVC standing tv and all of a sudden the picture went distorted. Theres a lot of purple and green in the picture; however, I can still make out the picture. Apparently, this is known issue w/ the JVC tv's. Anyone know how to fix this, or know anyone that can at a reasonable price. One guy quoted me $50 to pick up the tv (and i don't get 50 bucks back). Then he said it would be between $300-400 to fix+that fifty bucks. For all that I can buy a new tv for a little more. I was thinking that someone here has got to have the hook ups. Thanks in advace...Shane.

2. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

do you have speakers near the tv?

3. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

What exactly is wrong with it..

4. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

If its magnetic interference most projection tvs had "auto focus" or degauss...
    wont help if you cant read the menu though

5. AXLEJOHNSON

AXLEJOHNSON Member

I had the same problem with my JVC projection after a lightning storm. I called this guy, http://yp.bellsouth.com/sites/leeho/ , came the same day, opened my tv, identified the problem, took the board, and returned the next day, and it has worked fine ever since. It cost roughly 400, but it was worth it. Really good guy, Vietnamese so kind of hard to understand, but outstanding service.

6. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

for 400+ change you can get a lcd 36"...

7. Trey

Trey Active Member

42" > 36"

:D

It's cheaper to fix it but you have to ask yourself...what next? Something else is bound to happen sooner or later.

8. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

just called that dude. he is a little difficult to understand but seems cool. i am going to see if he can come this week to look at it. he charges $35 to come out which isn't bad. he said he would give me a good price so we'll see.