Worked on a Skyline today!! Pics

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ben@TTR, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

A very lucky 17 year old kid dropped this off at the shop. I have to admit, it was great to get to work on one. Its a 93 with 89k miles and in awesome shape. I put a radio, 4 speakers and an alarm in it.

Word of the day my friends is AWESOMENESS! :keke:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

350z wheels?

3. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

Yeah lol. good eye

4. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

hopefully the kid is responsible

5. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

He claimed his previous car was a 450whp 2nd gen eclipse. I really hope so too. That car was CLEAN and mostly original.

6. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

bleh for gts

7. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

very nice !!

8. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Very clean

9. pankopp

pankopp Member

bleh for skylines...

10. Jake

Jake Active Member

thats the GTS that was for sale in Gwinnett at the nissan dealership for like 3 months. I love R33's. if i owned a skyline it would be an R33 GTR tho.

11. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

What do you have to be smoking to buy your kid a Skyline!?

12. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Super clean car. :bigthumb:

13. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Nice car... you could not pay me enough to drive a RHD car though.

14. JEFFSTI

JEFFSTI Member

THE QUESTION IS..... what do you have to be smoking to buy your kid 3 skylines like kitt hock. 2 r32 and a r34.:bowdown:

15. yardhippie

yardhippie Member

Better yet, what kind of douche buys a 17 year old a car like that?

You know what every kid I grew up with did to their first couple of cars? Wrecked them. :wtc:

Nice car, but I have no appreciation for asshats who get everything handed to them. IMO.
    [/rant]

16. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

I was 18 when i got my wrx... Not everyone is an asshat.

k thx.

17. yardhippie

yardhippie Member

Agreed.

Some peeps are cool and can deal with what they've been given. :wiggle:

Typically (I know Im stereotyping here) they can't and they get the big head. :hsnono:

And a WRX aint a Skyline. :)

At 18 I had a 400HP '79 Malibu running 10.20s in the 1000' on 87 octane and radial tires. Oh, and the A/C worked too. :naughty:

I've always really liked the style of a Skyline. i wouldn't even care if it was a RHD. Pimp car, just too expensive for me to own/mod...

18. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

says who ? :keke:

19. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ahhh... sorry to threadjack but it seemed far too relevant to pass up.

20. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Hmmm wonder if driving on the passenger side get's some getting used to? I'm surprised thers no friggin' ordinance or law here regarding that.

21. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

What happened to this previous car with 450whp? He's 17 and already on his 2nd car? That might not be a good sign....

But back on topic, that's a clean looking car, hope he takes good care of it!

22. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

yea I went there looking to trade the wagon in towards it but they wanted way too much for a GT-S.

23. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Relax. A Gt-s Stock only makes like 260 hp.

24. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

lol, yea, Kitt's got quite a collection of Bad ass cars, to include 3 skylines all modded to hell and back.

25. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

The owner is my friend's little brother, and he paid for this car. His older brother went through about 3 cars a year when we were in high school, started with a turboed Prelude, moved to an Eclipse, than an RX-7, handful of 240s and paid for every one of them, he just made smart sales and made money on every single one of them. Buy a cheap car, fix it up, sell it for profit.

His little brother paid for that entire car, dont be mistaken, he's just following the course of his older brother who now has a E46 M3, S2000, and I think an R1 motorcycle.

26. wrx_kid

wrx_kid Member

27. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

Good for him, glad to hear that he flipped them and didn't wreck them!

28. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

Awesome! I'm impressed. I had to buy my own ride when I was his age, but mine wasn't so cool. ( 87 corolla) Cant wait to see what he does with it.

29. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I'm not 100% sure this is his car, if the kid's pakistani then it is for sure, but with you being down near Peachtree City it would make sense. He's got a GT30R at his house ready to go on it if its not already on the car.

30. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

oh ok, this may not be the same guy bc he's definitely not pakistani. he was white and was there with his dad and grandfather I believe

31. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I think this kid lives off of 120 in Marietta. I was visting a chica late at night and saw this car in her apartment complex. I recognized it from the 350z wheels as the one at Gwinnet Placed Nissan. Hopefully Nissan came down on the price because they were asking 23k cash. He seemed to have cleaned it up nice though, when I looked at it it wasnt so clean! And the Valve cover wasnt gold.

EDIT: is it gold or just wierd lighting?

32. Sorry to bump an old ass thread..... I had stopped by to check out that car when it was at Gwinnett Place Nissan and they wanted $15k cash..... the tech that inspected it told me the car was dogged out, frame was tweaked, and gravel stuck in the undercarriage like the previous owner had just slid through a gravel trap..... sure looks pretty in the pictures though, glad the kid got it cleaned up.....

33. Greg

Greg Active Member

Yeah, I went by there too and they wanted 23k cash. It did look ragged out though. The exhaust even had rust holes all the way through.

34. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Hey...it is JDM afterall :)

35. Deke

Deke Active Member

Lucky kid. I've got to say though, I think a 17 year-old driving a rhd car in the US isn't the best decision ever. I just think at that point there's still no way you have enough driving experience under your belt. I've always considered myself a good driver (no tickets, never gotten into a wreck that was my fault), but I know that I drive leaps and bounds better now than I did when I was 16-17. It just seems like a RHD car is one more big factor to worry about with an inexperienced driver.

But yeah, lucky kid and a sharp car none the less.

36. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

^^^I agree.

I wish that I went to a REAL driving school at a young age. When I have kids, they are going to a road course driving school to learn about awareness, car control, and how to properly cut someone off, lol!