Great Service at GTE!

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by Berzerklo, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

I just had GTE put on some sexy new BF Goodrich rubber about 2 weeks ago. No problems there. But on Saturday morning I drive my dad to the airport and I hear what I think is rock in my tread. I check it out and it is not a rock, it is a 1/4"x2-1/2" Carriage Bolt stuck in my new tire. :thumbsdow Since GTE is not open on Saturday, I swung by NTB who would not even think about patching it since it was a carriage bolt. So I bought a $20 air compressor for my car at Walmart so I could fill up the tire before my Monday commute and parked it for the weekend.

This morning I showed up at GTE without calling ahead or anything. I was there at about 8:25 am and I was out the door by 8:45 with a patched tire and at no charge to boot. The folks up at GTE know their stuff and do good business which is always worth paying a little extra for in my opinion! Thanks again guys!

Scott

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  2. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

awesome to hear you had great service as I've had the same excellent service! good job GTE!

3. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Yeah, GTE is apparently the shiz.

What tires did you take off again? I forget... and what did you think of them? Write a review for us.

4. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

True professionals... great experience every time...

5. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

nice, i need to schedule an alignment with them soon

6. yardhippie

yardhippie Member

I got my FXT aligned there last thurstday. They asked me what I wanted and I told them how I drove, my plans for the car, what kind of tire wear I was ok with and how I wanted the car to perform.
    Took them less than an hour and it does seem to handle just a bit better.

I was happy with my service. :)

7. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

yep, got my last alignment there also good guys

8. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

Every thread for GTE is always positive :)

9. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

i just had my tires mounted and balanced and I'm pretty sure they did a shitty job (the firestone place, not GTE)...is there anyone in particular you guys are talking to? I know initially they said they were going to offer wrxatlanta members discounts...any truth to this rumor? i need to get them rebalanced and aligned pretty soon

10. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

even if they DONT offer a discount. id go there .

11. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

hrm. My only experience with them was kinda lame, but I'm definitely gonna give it another go :D

12. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

+1 for GTE!

Talk to Kieren there. He's the manager and the one who set up the account with us.

I've had my car aligned there after the coil overs were put on, we just got tires for the company truck there and the Atom got new rubber before it was sold from there. These guys are AWESOME!

Jeff is a great guy there as well. He helps me with any alignment questions I have. :D :bigthumb: