NOTICE: NOPi Alternative event at AMS, hosted by AMS. Same date!

Discussion in 'General Community' started by Tracy, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Tracy

Tracy Member

I hope this is the best spot, if not mod please move.

Even though NOPI has cancelled their biggest event of the past 20 years, AMS is still going to have it. They will be hosting it themselves with the help of the locals. You can still look forward to drifting, car show, drag racing and array of other activities. Specifics are being discussed and will be released shortly. Please keep your calendar empty for the 3rd weekend in Sept. as usual! I will post more when the details become available. Please keep in mind this was a shock to the venue and your patience is appreciated while they sort out the details.

If you have any suggestion on sponsors (or want to sponsor the event) or type of things you would like to see incorporated into the event or if you would like to volunteer to work the event, let me know and I will pass along the information. Also media can contact me for now and I will see how we are to handle that. I can be reached at tracy@batlground.com

Car Club people, let me know if you are trying to come and I will see if they are planning club spots like they usually do for NOPI.

LONG STORY SHORT: EVEN THOUGH NOPI CANCELED, AMS IS STILL HAVING AN EVENT THAT WEEKEND.

Tracy

p.s. AMS stands for Atlanta Motor Speedway
    some people asked :)

2. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Too bad....I went ahead and cancelled my plans and changed it so I could go to GT Live!

Hope you guys still get a good turnaround.

3. Tracy

Tracy Member

Understandable. It doesn't matter much to me (monetarily that is) since it's not my event. I'm just spreading the word for AMS (we hosted an event there before so they have been in contact). I want to make sure we don't lose all of the local large events for the future. NOPI Nats was the last large event in GA. HIN left along with others like FMF and such. I feel like if we don't all come together for this event that AMS is hosting, we may have to always travel for big events in the future. I know that the aftermarket sponsors are looking to see how all of this is handled amongst the actual spectators and participants. I feel like it's a big deal the we represent to keep our local scene alive for the future :)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  4. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

You are right. SC doesn't even have anything.

5. Tracy

Tracy Member

You're still part of the SE :)

Have fun at GT LIve. I know it's a good a$$ event!!!!!

6. Tracy

Tracy Member

NICE!:bowdown:

Please feel free to copy and paste my OP to any other forums where people are talking about the NOPI cancellation :wiggle:

7. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Tracy, how do we go about setting up a booth? or finding out how to

8. Tracy

Tracy Member

Send me your information to my e-mail and I will forward it to the correct person for you.

9. Tracy sending you a PM

10. Tracy

Tracy Member

anyone who needs anything for right now just e-mail me what you need and your full name and contact info to tracy@batlground.com

11. nevermind

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  12. Tracy

Tracy Member

www.motorsportnationals.com

YOU CAN FIND ALL THE INFO YOU NEED HERE. THE SITE IS STILL KIND OF SPARSE, BUT THEY ARE WORKING FEVERISHLY ON GETTING THINGS TOGETHER.

13. Fast Life Magazine

Fast Life Magazine New Member

Tracy I still have not heard back from them.