Couldn't wait any longer...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Fast Life Magazine, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Fast Life Magazine

Fast Life Magazine New Member

Some of you have heard about this project and slipped it out on a couple of threads even though I personally was trying to keep it under wraps as long as possible. I am not new here, but have decided to create a new account for the project. If you don't know me, I am Yungdz on these boards as well as many others. Fast Life Magazine is a publication I am putting together geared toward car enthusiast like those of our wonderful community. Our content will vary from DIY articles, driving techniques, vendor and shop reviews, feature car and model coverage, and a fictional story based on people in our "Fast" lifestyle may experience, that will eventually play out like a novel from issue to issue.

I have torn between the idea of being strictly web based but have decided to go to print. That being said, please don't expect to see the issue for another month as we are still putting together the first issue. Hence, why I decided to "come out of the closet." We would like the community to play a big role in the content that goes into the magazine. To do so, we have put together a few sections where we ask readers to submit pictures or share experiences they have experienced in exchange for car goodies. :naughty:

Our content will be a little on the raunchy side so I don't expect to appeal to everybody's taste (especially after the 100 mph controversy), because there are tons of car magazines out their with the same content, we want to strive in creating the more "Down to Earth," "NO HOLD'S BARRED" style of literature.

The website is not functional yet, only a temporary page is up holding our space on the World Wide Web so don't be discouraged if you pay us a visit and don't find anything. Again, I am coming out to this community first because I love you guys so much! Other forums probably won't hear from us for another week or so.

Before I wrap this up I would like to thank Rick (Techlord), and Sean (OneiGuy) for contributing to the magazine already by submitting some content. :bowdown:

I will post more later with more details on the type's of content we will be looking for.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  2. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

awesome! best of luck on the idea and can't wait to see the first issue!

3. pankopp

pankopp Member

cool, sounds like a great idea...cant wait.

4. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Sounds pretty awesome! I may steal some ad space from you, lol!

Good Luck!

5. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

dont forget my feature lol

6. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

awesome! best of luck!!! can't wait to see it!

7. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

I like your sig! My car is in the middle. :p

I can do a blurb on how NOT to do a U-turn and damage your precious wheels!

8. Fast Life Magazine

lol

Thank you all! I will be sure to keep WRXATLANTA first on the list of updates.

9. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

I need a slow life magazine..my life already seems too damn fast!

10. Let me know when your ready to venture out away from the Atlanta area and I will be more and happy to shoot some cars down here and do some write ups for my area.

Also let me know when you want to go more public and I will fill the local threads with the details.

11. Fast Life Magazine

Pm sent...

EDIT: I believe I already to spoke to you about your photography a month ago?

12. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Good luck on all of this sounds cool. Let me know when you need a car to shoot. :)

13. PM replied.

14. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

If you need a photographer let me know. I shoot film though.

And do you still wanna cover my tuning session in a few weeks?

15. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

We could do that, just keep me posted!

16. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

let me know if you do a piece on "stealth'ness" hahaha

17. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

Sounds great! I'd love to be any part of this project. It sounds great. In any case, good luck!

18. FACE

FACE Active Member

Awesomean glad to hear it's taking off! Let me know how I can be of assistants!

SPARTA!!!

:rofl:

19. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

S P A R T A!!!!! lol

BTW like I told you before congrats!

20. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

S P A R T AAAAAA!!!!!!

someone change his title to that. haha

21. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

yeah, looks like a feature of your car since the background is so dark

22. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Even though the dirt helps with the "stealth'ness" , I may actually clean my car if you do a piece on it. :rofl:

23. Jake

Jake Active Member

I'd love to help in some way. Perhaps as an editor. I can handle editing your typed pieces, i.e. making sure spelling, punctuation, etc. Are correct before they go into print. Other than that I'm not sure what else I can really do. But I've always wanted to get involved somehow with a venture like this

24. Fast Life Magazine

we'll keep that in mind ;)

25. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

If you guys can figure out how to get my copy of CS3 working that'd be great.

Or if you want to do a feature on crews like AMIGOS FANTASTICOS.

26. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

Congrats Bro And Always As You Know If You Need My Help With Anything Just Let Me Know.

27. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

You should have "King" do a tech column

28. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Congrats dude. Good luck this weekend with the pics.

29. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

I need to move back! Im working on it!

30. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Hurry up:)

31. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

why the " " ??

32. Nitro

Nitro Active Member

Awesome!!! :bowdown:much props dawg.....

33. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

Good luck man. I am just beginning a Marketing company and would be happy to assist w/ marketing just for da reference. Also I am glad you plan to keep it real. I got all kind of interesting stories and strong oppinions. Happy to help anyway i can.

34. Fast Life Magazine

Thank you all for your supporting comments, they are fuel to the fire!