Rumor: Troncoli to open new Subaru dealership in Kennesaw

Discussion in 'General Community' started by baddriver, Jul 25, 2007.

1. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Someone at Troncoli Subaru in Cumming said that Troncoli might build another dealership near or at where the Roadhouse restaurant is presently located off of Barrett Parkway in Kennesaw. :wiggle: :sx:

Not that Ed Voyles in Cumberland was great, but it would be nice to avoid the road trips for coolant, filters, and such for us Cobb people.

2. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Randy (SOA) told me about this possibility at one of the Subaru Challenges..... I think that was almost two years ago though

3. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

I think they've already got the sign up, stating that there's going to be a Suby dealership there.

4. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

well, with the vomit they'll have on their lot for 2008 I give them about 6 months before they close the doors. That is, unless they're going to stock a large volume of used Imprezas.

5. WJM

WJM Banned

I'm pretty sure that if the parts and service is EXCELLENT, they will stay open due to that....ever since EV closed down, all of the customers had to go somewhere...most go to Classic, the rest come here to Royal. I dont know what volume goes to Troncalli.

Also there are a decent big of a customer base in the Kennesaw/Marietta/Canton area anyways.

6. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

dude, are you drunk? I can barely comprehend what you're typing. :rofl:

I dunno if it's troncalli based, but there is a sign that says Subaru of Kennesaw, coming soon

7. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Awesome.... I guess it's really happening! I hate Ed Voyles with a passion... the old EV dealer told me that my credit wasn't high enough to get good financing and told me that I would have to get the recent grad financing. He told me all of this without even running a credit check on brian and I. A day later SOG gave their best rate. EV seemed really shady. I'm glad there will be another dealership to buy my oil fliters from.

8. sweet .the nearest dealer to me is over an hour.kenn. would be 1/2 that.

9. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

And considering I'm across the street from where it's going to be, you can get free delivery on Fridays. :wavey:

10. Jake

Jake Active Member

This would be kick-ass awesome except that I'm moving to Gwinnett in a couple of weeks...

Figures...

11. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

I bought my car from the old Ed Voyle dealership on cobb parkway, complete idiots. The salesman had no clue what the RS was and his main selling point "I once sold an SVX" because I told him my dad had one. But shit, I don't care, got a 3 year old car with 45k for $10,000. :D

12. jason

jason Member

I hope they have there sh*t together so I can give them my business. (Since I live 1 min from there.)

I might have missed something, but Why are we comparing it to EV? Same geographic area? or is Troncoli and EV related?

13. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

Troncalli is a half and half mix of the nicest guys you'll ever meet and really shady dudes.

14. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I had a great experience at Ed Voyles with my 04 SRR sedan. They were cool, but I have heard some bad things about them too, but that is basically what you have to deal with in almost every dealership you work with imo. The lady that sold me the Suby was pleasant, but really didn't know the specs on the WRX's as well as other's. I was really happy to get my wagon @ SoG from Neal.

Mark

15. Deke

Deke Active Member

eh, who cares about a new dealership. The new ones are all ugly anyways :)

Oh well, I guess they'll still have a service department.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2007
  16. KyleTaylor

KyleTaylor New Member

I am on Exit 19 of 575... When you have your car serviced at the new dealership, just give me a call and have it detailed too!

17. Matt

that's any car dealership....

18. Alex_ATL

Alex_ATL Member

the management of Troncalli is good. I love the salespeople at my Troncalli before Nalley bought them out. Service dept will rip you a new one though unless you know what you're doing. I know some Troncallis and they are a nice family :)

19. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

Management was a bit shady to me...Family put a down payment on a 2005 Forester with like 1000 miles on it with the intent to pick it up the next day. They called us the next morning and told us they didn't have the title and we would have to wait a week.

However, there's a guy who works there named Tom, he's pretty old and he's pretty black, and he's also pretty awesome.

20. longfury

longfury Active Member

I talked to some people from Toncalli today and they hope to have the new dealer in Kennesaw open sometime during the first 2 weeks of September.

21. FACE

FACE Active Member

:naughty:

22. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

;)

23. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

:wiggle:

24. Matt

how is that shady?

IBthatsracist!

25. WJM

WJM Banned

Thats not shady, thats being HONEST and knowing what to do.

I've been sold a car, TWICE, that the dealer didnt have a title.

The first one was a 2000 GC6, it was THREE FUCKING MONTHS before they got the title in hand to get the paperwork done before i could get a legal tag.

The second one was an 2004 GD296 that they didnt have the title in hand for just over 30 days...so no legal tag for me. It also seriously screwed me over with the GA and NC DMV's due to some laws coming into affect during the time they were MISS-handling the fucking title.

26. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Cool they should be full force by the time I get home. hopefully they will have a good used selection at decent prices.

27. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Wow, just wow!!!

28. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Why wasn't this damn dealership there when I used to live in Kennesaw...it figures...LOL...

Mark

29. Alex_ATL

Alex_ATL Member

that's awesome. Closer than anywhere else since i'll be in Rome

30. longfury

longfury Active Member

Cool, you will be out my way. I am just a few minutes east of Adairsville on Hwy 140.