Well it's been a while... 2 new mixes

Discussion in 'Trance Crew' started by monk, Jul 6, 2008.

1. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

First one is a chillout mix: Sunday Morning
    (about 1hr)

Second one is a rather long mix I did for my wife and a couple friends who have been asking for over a year for a "vocal/chick" mix, so I did the Little Black Book (about 2.5hrs)

tracklists to come shortly, i've just been to busy to do anything serious lately :hsugh:

enjoy and feedback is welcomed as always.

Little Black Book Tracklist
    Silence - Tiesto's In Search Of Sunr Delerium
    Crash And Burn - DJ Shah Magic Islan Nadia Ali
    Songless - Boy Hagemann Remix Lange
    Soulseeker - Ronski Speed Mix Ronski Speed, Stoneface & Term
    Turn It On feat. Michelle Citrin - O Woody Van Eyden, Alex M.O.R.P.
    Into The Dark - Ferry Fix Ferry Corsten, Howard Jones
    Cerf_Mitiska_Jaren_Light_the_Skies_R
    Everything feat. Jes - Original Mix DJ Tiesto
    out of the sky (album version) lange ft sarah howells
    Time Is Burning feat. Gliss - Topher 4Mal 135.0
    Crosses - Extended Mix Trans Balear 135.0
    Longest Road feat. Lissie - Deadmau5 Morgan Page
    Tiny Dancer feat. Casey Barnes - Dea Marco Demark [deadmau5 mix]
    Come Together feat. Zara - Original Tommyboy
    Holding On To Nothing - Ambient Mix Agnelli & Nelson
    Wasted feat. Leah - Original Mix Andy Duguid
    Ride - Tiesto Extended Remix Cary Brothers
    Beauty Hides In The Deep - Original The Doppler Effect
    4 AM - Adam K & Soha Mix Kaskade
    A Day That Fades feat. Roxanne Emery Cosmic Gate
    Off The World - Gareth Emery Remix Martin Roth, Alex Bartlett
    Far & Away - Toby Emerson Remix Global Warming
    Time Is Burning feat. Gliss - Topher 4Mal

Sunday Morning Tracklist
    Zooming Out - Original Mix Etic
    Trust - Matt Thibideau Remix Dorje
    Trying My New Wings - Original Mix Miika Kuisma
    My Way feat. Vincent Inc - Overflow The Timewriter
    New Day - Gift Ambient Mix Tilt
    Sleepy Shadows - Original Mix Malik Trey
    Nexus - Original Mix Aes Dana
    Endorphin - Original Mix Burial
    Custom Made - Original Mix Rogue Audio
    The River - Ambient Mix Spooky
    Out Of Body - Original Mix Innersphere

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  2. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

good seeing more goods from ya man! Wish you could make it out to more G2Gs but hope everything is going good.

3. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

awesome man..i enjoy all the mixes. I have 2 of them in my car right now :)

4. monk

Thanks guys :)

yeah Russ, I've been pretty covered up for a long time now, wish i could get out there some time too. all is good though ;)

5. 7wolf

7wolf Member

finally!!!! i'll download them and let you know what i think. your mixes are always great.

6. WJM

WJM Banned

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going to DL them tonight and burn to listen on the 45 min each way commute.

7. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

downloading right now :)

8. monk

feedback?

9. flip

flip Member

Awesome! Both are downloading as we speak...

10. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I listened to the Chill Mix this morning while cleaning up the Apartment, its great. Very relaxing.

I am downloading the second one now

11. monk

Bump, OP updated with full tracklists (that didn't take too long did it :p )

12. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

bump-good stuff

13. gfred024

gfred024 Member

I dont normally make negative posts but I am in China and bored.

Who actually listens to that crap???????????

You should be ashamed to post this thread!! Maybe you should buy some neons and some glowsticks!! And think about getting a scion. Candykid:gaysex:

Sorry for the rant but OMG Will I cant believe this j/k

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  14. djdrew

djdrew New Member

nice man like the mixes, ill post up some of my stuff sometime. what decks are you using?

15. monk

everybody has their own taste in music. dj tiesto managed to sell out an entire sports stadium, and was asked to spin the greek olympic opening ceremony. take a look at the folder this thread is in, apparently the founder of this site liked it enough to designate a section of the website to it. this thread is NOT here to discuss clichéd perceptions of music genres.

unless you listen to "pure" recorded acoustic music, the production techniques pioneered in EDM are heard in every genre of music you hear... even country.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  16. monk

thanks, i use a laptop ;)

and if you've got a good set of cans you might hear some sections with 3 tracks going at once :)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  17. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

wtf. did you really post this?

get a life. Everyone likes there own stuff. Monk makes good music and alot of people like it. wtf is the point of posting that shit in his thread. :unamused::unamused::unamused::unamused::unamused::unamused::unamused:

18. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

stfu

Great mixes Monk, do you do any gigs?

19. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

i vote someone delete that kids post.

20. WJM

WJM Banned

hill of the down has started this thread has.

21. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

negative! bump for some GREAT music!

22. monk

i would love to, but until my wife get her accounting "gig" secure, i spend my nights doing freelance design and art direction work (which is also my full time job)

hardly, he made his opinion known and i made my point. it's a finished conversation. you can't change opinions, just perceptions.

with over 200 views i'm pretty comfortable in the assumption that quite a few people are downloading these mixes and aren't posting to this thread. while i would love to hear their feedback (good or bad-of the MIX not the style of music) i'll settle for the vocal few-which seems to be good ;)

23. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Keep em coming Monk!

I do allot of Salsa mixing, dancing and a little DJing. If you want some Latin playlist's I'll post em.

24. WJM

WJM Banned

I finally got it on a mp3cd and in the outback. So far, its good.

25. monk

absolutely, post em up, i've been trying to dig a little deeper with tribal/ethnic dance music (with the electro twist) but there are so few tracks out there. i'm looking at abelton live suite right now and it seems to have what i need to start off with. did you get a chace to download the tribal persuation mix i did a while back?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  26. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

No but I would be all over that Monk. I am open to any new music. Is the music in the playlist in this thread or is it downloadable based on i-tunes or lime-wiring it?

I dance Puerto Rican style(La Clave) and Mambo. I have a ton of really heavy salsa from the 50's Paladium days, 60' and early 70's when Fania Recording was big. Then I have some great new stuff especially out of NY. This stuff is gooood salsa heavy percussion horns, straight up lyrics, like Ismael Rivera, Ray Baretto, Willie Rosario....it'll make the most non-dancing Mthfkr move his feet even if he don't like it, Ha!

27. gfred024

gfred024 Member

Im srry to offend you I just thought candy music was a thing of the past and some euro craze. Generally the "subaru people" I meet dont really get into that music. But the ATL crew is different. Oh and to the kid who said
    "Get a life" I am an Executive Chef at the Olympic Village right now, while you are in Gwinnett County listening to trance music with an Automatic WRX, just think about that for a minute.

28. monk

I'm going to say this in as nice a way as possible that is still succinct.
    The only offense I take to your comments are:
    a) your disregaurd for the purpose of this subforum
    b) your ignorance for an entire genre of music that contains many subgenres. there is not one "candy" (the formal names being hard or happy hardcore) track in the first mix listing, as they are not a style that i like myself. the second mix is chillout - it's intended to relax the listener.

while ignorance in and of itself does not offend me, someone basing their judgements and statements on said ignorance (repeatedly), does.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  29. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

1. I travel 80% of the time. Ive go to Europe 3-4 times a year.
    2. i am 21 and i make near 100.
    3. i have an 08 m3.
    4. i have a house and have had one for 6 months, right before i turned 21.

Continue.

30. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

monk i downloaded the new stuff first day you posted and it still hasn't gotten old... great stuff man, really hope to see more

31. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

bump for new stuff when monk has time.

32. gfred024

gfred024 Member

I guess I am an ignorant a**hole. Sorry I just was making fun dont take it so seriously. It is not like I hate you. I just do not care for that music and was making jokes. Everyone has there own tastes and should not care what others think.
    You would probably make fun of the music I listen to. Oh and I see the guy who said get a life had no response. I was just joking! Oh yeah what is a kitchen ninja??? Are you a Chef???

33. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Actually, i did respond.

34. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

stating the fact that my life is anything but dull, and i am quite happy with where i am. SO once again, get a life quit posting bs. if you dont like it dont dl it. keep the shit out of this thread.

Yeap.

35. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Ivwban!

36. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

also, BUMP! dl this!

37. monk

music is just one of those things i take seriously... and it didn't really seem like a joke. joke taken, apology accepted, let's move on.

kitchen ninja thing-it's a long story/inside joke. but no, i'm not a professional chef.

38. gfred024

gfred024 Member

What is a yeap???

39. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Wow Monk I love it so far. Very relaxing and it actually helps ease my stress at work!

40. Trey

Trey Active Member

If you do torrents, check out "state of trance - episode xxx" xxx = the week it was recorded. Lots of good music there if you are into Armin van Buuren.

I personally like 339 and 341.

41. monk

yeah he's also on every thursday too: http://www.di.fm/content/a-state-of-trance/ he had a forum site that guys had the mp3s that you could dl of the show. but his site is in redesign now.

there are a lot of really good djs on that webradio... dj shah (who is relaxing), above and beyond, ronski speed, carl cox... etc

here's today's playlist: http://www.di.fm/calendar/calendar.php?type=day&calendar=1

42. Trey

Trey Active Member

Thanks Monk. I also found AVB's group on Facebook. It too has all his episodes listed.

43. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

i guess the link is nolonger good?

44. monk

which one? i've moved some stuff on my server around, and armin recently redid his whole site.

45. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

So...year mix 2009? Thoughts?