Whopper vs. Big Mac

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SonicBoom, Aug 25, 2008.

?

Whopper VS Big Mac which do you choose?

Poll closed Aug 24, 2009.
  1. Whopper

63.3%
  2. Big Mac

26.7%
  3. Baconator

10.0%
  1. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Having a fierce debate with a good friend... She contends the Big Mac is far superior to the Whopper.. I think this is crazy talk. The Big Mac is neither big, nor mac'n. The patties are tiny, and they try to compensate for this with an extra slice of bread. The double Whopper with cheese is much better burger, better in every way... Wanted to get some more opinions as ammo for our arguement. Even though several friends and family have sided with me.. She is claiming bias, therefore invalid.
    Feel free to post your favorite burger from any fast food joint you choose, but give your opinion on the Whopper vs. Big Mac first... Thx!

I would start a poll.. but I don't have the cool points...

2. Deke

Deke Active Member

I definitely think that the whopper trumps the hell out of a big mac. Big mac isn't even the best burger from McD's (Double Quarter Pounder with cheese ftw).

Hardees burger reign supreme in my mind. Although I never get to eat them because there isn't one anywhere near midtown.

3. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

I'd pick the whopper as well, but the ultimate choice is Wendy's...the best fast food sandwich by far is the spicy chicken (number 6, I think). If you are feeling gutsy, want to loose 3 months off your life, and like feeling like worthless trash for the next 6 hours, how can you even argue against the baconator

4. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Are you arguing that burger to burger the Whopper is better than a Big Mac or product to product? Let me explain.

If I am hungry for a big meaty (fast food) burger, I am getting a whopper. I fear the double whopper and have never tried it. Lets be honest here, a Whopper is bigger than your face and is full of beefy-mayo-deliciousness. But there is nothing exceptional about a whopper; if I am hungry for just a burger, I am not going to Burger King. I am going to Vortex. Period. Because of this, I don't think I have bought a Whopper in at least 12-18 months.

But the Big Mac, though lacking in meatiness is an icon. I can not get a Big Mac (or similar) anywhere else. I do get Big Mac attacks 3-4 times a year where ONLY a Big Mac can satisfy my hunger. So truth be told, I buy way more Big Macs than Whoppers.

To summarize: IMHO a Whopper is a damn good fast food burger. A Big Mac is Big Mac, and because of that I say the Big Mac is better.

5. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^ hmm.. interesting points. And the best description of the whopper "Whopper is bigger than your face and is full of beefy-mayo-deliciousness".... lol Just my opinion, but I think the taste is great, along with the artery clogging aformentioned beefy goodness... I agree the Big Mac is an icon, but that doesn't win any points with me when I'm hungry. To be fair, I don't really care for Mcdonalds at all except for there breakfast... Dare I say, I even like BK's fries over Mcd's...
    I agree with other burgers mentioned.. the Baconator is good(kinda makes your heart hurt..lol), and the Hardees thickburgers are all awesome. The Vortex is mentioned but is a moot point because thats a restaurant, not fast food. If were talking restaurants, I like Fuddruckers, and even Taco Mac for a good burger...

6. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

Red Robin FTW...moving on Whopper I believe is more filling and tastes better. I have eaten a big mac since ...well probably since I watched movies at united artists at gwinnett place mall... if I'm hungry for a quick not so messy nor delicious nor satisfying..a quick on the go burger its mcydeez n its either dbl cheese burger or double qrtr pounder w cheese. hope this helps! www.myspace.com/fkuihdcncr peep the pic and that will win ur argument automatically.

7. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^^ lol.. and theres the best description of the Big Mac I've seen "quick not so messy nor delicious nor satisfying.." :)

As far as alternatives, have you guys tried Five Guys burgers yet? I'd never heard of them until 2 weeks ago when I was in Baltimore. Since I've been back I've seen a few in Alpharetta. The burgers are great, they have a cooked in the backyard feel to them.. Fries... not so much.

8. Deke

Deke Active Member

^I've been wanting to try it for awhile, just for some reason or another, I never have. You reminded me, Backyard Burger is really good too. Although I've only had it once or twice, years ago, at a Backyard Burger attached to a gas station.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  9. FACE

FACE Active Member

Big Mac Ftw

That's is all...

10. jayj713

jayj713 Member

Ive been to some Burger Kings where the whoppers SUCK. Generally Whoppers are better than Big Macs but, sometimes I crave that sauce thats on the Big Mac (Is that thousand island or something? lol). I get the ranch spicy chicken sandwich at McDs anyways.

EDIT: I like sonic burgers more than whoppers though :)

11. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

whopper all the way!

12. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Ok.. so far we have the Whopper up 4 to 1 (with Berzerklo & Jayj713 on the fence)...

13. undrgrndrdr15

berzerkio states big mac over whopper i believe....

on the other side... how long ago was it that mcdonalds came out with the commercial that said there nuggets are now made with real white meat, to me thats kinda disturbing, if it wasnt real before then what was it... that being said i dont think i have ever seen them say anything about their burgers and that is scary if you ask me

i think this is gonna end up like the coke vs pepsi dispute, lots of talk and no real answers...lol

14. Eco Auto Clean

^ ^ ^umm there is no dispute over coke n pepsi....pepsi with taco bell n quiznos and nothing else. coke ftw. lol....it just depends on what you're wanting when deciding between mcydeez n bk.....and we all know each of their foods are full of crap and not real meat lol so let's not act like its some scandal or something...lol.....get what u pay for...

15. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I prefer to stay blissfully ignorant about what your actually eating at fast food joints, if ur really worried about it you couldn't eat out at all.. you'd have to shop at Whole foods and cook yourself.

And after re-reading, yes Berzerklo's post was stating +/- of both, but ends up on the Big Mac's side... so 4 to 2 Whopper with one on the fence...

16. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

how can you argue with the flambroiled awesomeness, 1 for the whopper just on the taste alone. I agree with the above posts that I do not want to know the actual ingredients.

17. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

They are now White meat, as opposed to dark + white

18. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

added the poll at the top...

19. undrgrndrdr15

your guess is as good as mine! lol

20. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Hands down the winnar would be Sheetz MTO (Made to Order) Cheeseburger on Pretzel bread, but since Sheetz doesn't exist in the south, I will go with McD. Burger Joes used to be pretty good too, but I haven't had one of theirs in about 2 years, so I can't say if they would still live up to my expectations.

21. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

They used to use Dark meat in their chicken nuggets also. I used to hate it. I don't like Dark meat, so I would end up throwing out half the chicken nuggets. Now, I can get them and now ahead of time that I will eat all of them.

22. undrgrndrdr15

personally i wont eat anything but chicken from mcdonalds... seems like everytime i get something else i get sick... but love those whoppers man...

23. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Thank you to who ever made the poll 4 me! :)

24. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

wendy's baconator with extra bacon and extra cheese FTW~!

25. undrgrndrdr15

hmmm... i didnt think about that... can we add that to the poll... oh shoot i already voted...

26. Deke

Deke Active Member

I think my heart just palpitated thinking about that.

27. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Added the Baconator to the poll. Unfortunately, those of us that have already voted can't change their answers.

28. Deke

Deke Active Member

Well that just changed the point of the original post. :squint:

29. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

That burger is damn good but makes me feel too guilty (while the double whopper doesn't somehow :) ) I compare the baconator to BK's breakfast sandwich with Bacon, sausage, egg, ham, and cheese... death on a bun...
    Also, while were talking about it... I'd like to state for the record I've been using the term "Meatetarian" for years, long before Wendy's! Hey, its a personal choice.. you just gotta stick too it...

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  30. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I used to really like Big Mac's, but the baconator takes the cake now...

Mark

31. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I used to think that Hardee's had some pretty good burgers too...

Mark

32. techlord

techlord Active Member

Yeah com'on! Hardee's 3/4lb is FTMFW

33. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

In N Out Burger FTW! oh yeah, this is Atlanta...whopper.

34. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

whataburger is pretty good.

too bad theres not one around me.

35. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Ok guys.. discussion about other burgers is more than welcome.. but please state your preference(and why..) between the Whopper vs. Big Mac 1st... If you've allready done so and voted.. Ramble on.. :)

36. Deke

Deke Active Member

I want a burger now.

37. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Someone snuck in another Big Mac vote... I'm losing ground! grr... :)

38. undrgrndrdr15

you arent loosing ground... whopper will take it... seriously flamebroiled cant be beat between the two...

39. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

baconator wih extra cheese and bacon FTMFWBBQWTF~!

40. Eco Auto Clean

lil bro n I eatin a sackful from krystals...n I must say neither whopper or mac are on my mind...and braves r up by 1. k bye

41. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Flamebroil > Microwave